Forums » General » Beer at field

Messages for Beer at field

Comment Posted by spider Aug 20, 2010 08:45 AM

Yo,

Just came back from an afternoon stroll. I went over to HSPaul and checked out the freshly lined mint field...only to find an empty water bottle by a team bench,and an empty case of Bud lite.

I was so disappointed!

I would have to finish my walk to get home and have a beer! However...

Just a note.....One of the stipulations to being able to play at a city field is that there is to be no alcohol. It states that, among other policy on the permit.

So, like you, I as a general member of the league, should try and enforce this policy. Whenever we play at a field there should be no "empties" or other clues suggesting that the boys/ or GIRLS had a few cold ones after the game. (and Yes I picked up the evidence and took it home, even though I was getting some strange looks from fellow walkers!!:)

One nice idea, is to go out for a pizza after the game. Boston Pizza would be a very good example. They have great food, Beer, nice waitresses, and you get a coupon or Boston Buck, to use on a return visit, or year end party. The nearest Boston Pizza is 5 minutes away on St. Anne's Rd and Bishop Grandin, in the Sobeys/Home depot Mall.

If we play at TEC there is Craig's on Ness and St. James. and of course if we are at OPt, then there is the Boston on Portage and Moray?

So,Again. The Official City of Winnipeg Field policy is "NO ALCOHOL at the field."

So, if on some occassion, one of your teammates brings an alcoholic beverage for consumption at the field after the game....please remember to take those empties home.

Especially Bud Lite from HS Paul!!! (Ahem!!!)
hic!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com