Forums » General » time for a new topic and something completely different

Messages for time for a new topic and something completely different

Comment Posted by rey Sep 09, 2010 04:37 AM

hey, football people (football comments below),
rey pagé, formerly of the Ratz, Nationals, Redskins, (occasional) 13th Guy, Banditos, Aztecs (WTFL), Aztecs (PIT), and Aztecs (UTFL - Defunct), is having an art show in a couple of weeks. while there will be no six foot tall drawing of Michael Jordan, no collage of Joe Montana, no drawing of Maurice Richard (personally autographed by the man himself), there will be lots of drawings, paintings and photographs that are a reflection of my trip around the world a couple of years ago. if you're curious, and i know you are, you can check out more info at http://members.shaw.ca/aliveart/current.html, and with a couple clicks of the mouse you can also see some of the work that will be on display. i know winnipeg football folks are a well-rounded and cultured group, so i look forward to seeing you out at the opening, September 24th at 7:30 PM, at the MHC Gallery, 600 Shaftesbury Blvd. It's right across the street from Shaftesbury High School, on the southwest corner.

i miss football.
and i agree with spider. i played on one team this year (and last year...and the year before that), and that team is done. i think that every game i couldn't make it to, we ended up defaulting, and every game i made it to we only had 7 or 8 guys. if you're only playing on one team, you will be committed to that team.
it's sort of like in the art world. if you're committed to only one artist, and only buy art from that one artist, that's a good thing (if that artist happens to be me, that is. if that artist is not me, then that is not a good thing. actually, it's probably better to have a little more variety in your art choices, so this is not a good analogy).

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com