Forums » General » Online rosters

Messages for Online rosters

Comment Posted by DP Jul 06, 2006 05:41 AM

I don't have all my players signed up on the on-line roster, but all $$$ and names have been given into the league. does it matter if my guys aren't signed up on the online roster, or is that just for their own stats?

Comment Posted by Token Jul 06, 2006 05:52 AM

My understanding, and I could be mistaken, is that it is especially important for your upper-div players to be on your roster. They have to play in half of your games to qualify for the playoffs, and I'm assuming the only way to keep track of that is through the website.

Mike

Comment Posted by DP Jul 06, 2006 06:17 AM

cool thanks,
i just don't want to be told later that half my team can't play because they decided that they didn't want to be on the online roster even though they are on the roster that was given to the league before the season, also is it only the upper divison guys that need to play 9 games or is that applied to everyone?
cheers
Dennis

Comment Posted by marcus Jul 06, 2006 06:41 AM

All your players should be on your roster. Do this NOW.

Also, only players from upper div teams need 9 games. Players can only be added to your roster up to August 15th, otherwise they are not eligible for playoffs.

Comment Posted by DP Jul 06, 2006 08:22 AM

all my players are on the roster that i have handed into the league. some of them don't want to be online,isn't it their choice? nobody had told me that it was mandatory to have all my players signed up online,but they did have to be in the roster that i had gave to cliff? what does it matter if they are online is it just for stats? i have recorded exactly who have showed up for what games, some are sub players and don't feel the need to be put online. i'm sure that there are a bunch of other people that aren't on the online rosters out there in all the divisions. whats the penalty, if there is one, for not having some players online? thanks for the clarification on that question marcus.
cheers
Dennis

Comment Posted by marcus Jul 06, 2006 09:35 AM

You should've received an email the beginning of the season outlining this. But if not, click on the tips menu at the top which explains what you need to do to register a team and players.

EVERYBODY HAS TO BE REGISTERED, this is not optional. And when I mean registered I mean:
1. Filled out a waiver and mailed it to the league.
2. Paid the $15 fee.
3. Signed up on the website.
4. Added to a team roster.

We use the roster information in the database to make sure people aren't violating the multiple player rule, we also use it for the insurance information. The WTFL is not sharing this information with anybody, so there is no reason not to signup.

If you have players that don't follow those above rules, technially you should be defaulting games. There has been some slack given to teams because the online signup was new this year. But if you don't have it done by now you will start to lose games.

Get your stuff in order!!!

Comment Posted by avengers Jul 06, 2006 09:36 AM

Eligibility for playoffs. The league isn't going to take your word that some guys have played and are not on the website. Come playoffs any of those guys play on your team you will take a default for the game regardless of the outcome (read you will be out of the playoffs). In fact those players will need to be signed up and have played at least one game prior to August 15th (as indicated on the website) or they will not be eligible.

Griz end this guy!

Jon

Comment Posted by Grizzled Old Vet Jul 06, 2006 10:25 AM

Hey, give my man DP a break fellas. Maybe some of his boyz from da nord end don't want their names online because they're already online with another agency or two...... Those most wanted trackers surf the net too ya know....

Comment Posted by ren22 Jul 06, 2006 12:16 PM

Marcus you say that all upper division players must play 9 games does this include new team division . we only have a 14 game schedule therefore 7 games should be enough. (50%)

Reynald

Comment Posted by marcus Jul 07, 2006 05:24 AM

It should've been 50% of their games, not necessarily 9 games. My mistake.

Comment Posted by silver fox Jul 07, 2006 05:41 AM

Marcus,

I have a name that I want to add to my roster today. I would like to have the player available for our Sunday game. I can have the roster and insurance forms completed today.

My question is, can I fax to someone today so that he is eligible and can I givwe you the $15 at the field on Sunday....assuming you are there.

Please advise as I do not want to get caught in a technicality here.

Thanks for your help.

Comment Posted by DP Jul 10, 2006 10:55 AM

Great thanks for the clarification marcus.

Now if you would have expained in detail on that e-mail as you have now then there wouldn't be this much confusion in the frist place. As you can see i'm not the only one with questions Avengers, so if you want to bust some balls on the net then do it to everyone.
thanks to those of you who actually answered my questions so that we wouldn't have to default any of the games. this is the whole NEW TEAM idea isn't it. to learn the game. you don't like what i have to ask then don't read it. it's pretty lame that as a new team rep i have to put up with higher div team players talking shit that doesn't concern them...we had asked to play and had no takers, so if we aren't playing you, then what are you so concerned about me asking questions for ..give it a rest.

i actually have another question so if you plan to respond I hope it's not cuz you feel like you got to talk shit...in other words this Question is for Marcus or for someone that can give me a straight answer.

I had added players who have played in games before then where entered online but they are on the game card for those games, now do those games get entered now and do they count as a game played? I have noticed that the guys who i had entered late now have stats but not from the earlier games.

Thanks
Dennis

Comment Posted by marcus Jul 10, 2006 08:32 PM

If you want those stats entered from before you'd have to ask the officials to go back and enter them in. They probably don't want to do that though. So consider that your motiviation next year to get your rosters in order so that your teammates get all the stats that they earned.

The officials have the game cards, so I couldn't enter them even if I wanted to. And no, you can't send me an email telling me what your stats were :)

Hope that answers your questions...

Comment Posted by DP Jul 12, 2006 06:41 AM

They don't want to do that?(the refs)...okay, well i also was told that there would be no rush to sign players up cuz we have till august 15th, this is the first year of online reg. right? so i hope that you are taking all of these kinks in to consideration and clear this up before next season. now the fate of some players in the league are in the ref's hands.
but its' only the players that are from a higher div that have to play 505 of the games right? so if a player who is only on my team hasn't played all year but has been on the roster shows up at the play-offs, he is alright to play? correct?

Comment Posted by Token Jul 12, 2006 10:46 AM

Upper div players have to play 50% of your games.

Non-upper div players have to play in at least one game before the playoffs... Not that it would be fair to the rest of your team to have some ringer with one game under his belt come in and take someone else's spot.

And don't put the "fate" of your players on the refs' shoulders... It was made very clear that we needed to have our players registered online. My team, and almost all the rest of the teams in the league had their rosters filled out by the beginning of the season. Like you said, this is the first year of online registration, so it's new for ALL OF US, not just new teams. Don't blame your team's BONEHEADED mistake on anyone but yourselves.

Mike

Comment Posted by Token Jul 12, 2006 10:54 AM

One more thing,

The few refs we have bust their asses on the field for us, and all they hear is shit. We all know that comes with the territory, but why the hell should they go back through 2 months of game cards to enter stats for people who were too damn lazy to get registered when they were supposed to?

You keep saying we shouldn't be harping on you because you're new to the league. But you are rude and not tactful at all with your questions. Not to mention, you are THE ONLY new team captain who doesn't seem to get it.

It's rumored that you're not a prick in person, but online, and I think everyone agrees with me here, you are an asshole.

Mike

Comment Posted by DP Jul 12, 2006 03:38 PM

well then we'll have to met in person so you can decide, i don't go around picking fights on the net, clearly the post didn't concern you so if your gonna base who i am by my posts and come up with that kind of reponse so be it man. i'm not gonna sink to that level, and if everyone agrees with you then man i really should care what you guys think man,....we are still 7-0
cheers
Dennis

Comment Posted by scott Jul 12, 2006 07:58 PM

Kill this thread Jeanmachine.

Comment Posted by DP Jul 13, 2006 05:10 AM

by the way it's not august 15th therefore the rosters aren't even due...BONEHEAD!

Comment Posted by Norm Jul 13, 2006 05:49 AM

Rosters have always been due before the season starts, when you pay your registration your suppose to hand in your roster.Just b/c it is online this year, doesnt change the fact that rosters are due with registration.

Norm
OC

Comment Posted by DP Jul 13, 2006 06:10 AM

if you were to read the first posts you would have seen that i had handed my full roster and $$ to cliff before the season, but i was told that last day to register online was the 15th.

Dennis

Comment Posted by DP Jul 13, 2006 06:56 AM

whatever i got my shit together, it took awhile, but it's done. see you in the playoffs.

Comment Posted by rey Jul 14, 2006 07:20 PM

just going to bump this back up to the top to make sure all questions have been answered to everyone's satisfaction.

Comment Posted by rey Jul 14, 2006 08:04 PM

(ed. note: i tried to post this all at once but it wouldn't take so i'll try again in pieces. apologies to all of those with no sense of humour if this gets posted twice (or more).)

hey, glad this got bumped up. i have a question. i registered online when i was told by my team rep that i was required to register online. i checked the wtfl website and lo and behold, it said there as well that i was required to register online.

actually, my question is twofold. is the info i provided online being handed out to any third party as i find it suspicious that since may, i have received three mailings for a wtfl mastercard?
secondly, is my registration in any way in danger of being nullified for me being a smart ass with too much time on my hands?

as a matter of fact, i have another question. marcus, i notice in your first response to this thread that you say that everyone should be registered online and if not they should do this now. my question is this: do i need to be registered online?

Comment Posted by rey Jul 14, 2006 08:06 PM

here's another and i am not sure who should answer this one...maybe a ref...but what if our team decided that we only wanted to play defense. is that allowed? could we not just kick off after our opponent has scored and allow them to advance the ball again? this would be ideal as our quarterback sometimes is too drunk to be on the field and our defense more often than not has a better chance of scoring.

Comment Posted by rey Jul 14, 2006 08:08 PM

hey! i just noticed that some of my stats from my ratz days are not entered. could you please have darrell check all his old game cards and enter my stats so that i am not cheated out of a possible hall of fame entry? these would be games from around 95 to 98. i wasn't registered online for those years but les barrett could verify that i did indeed play those games.

Comment Posted by rey Jul 14, 2006 08:11 PM

oh, and another thing....could we start a new stat? could we get 'tags' as a new stat?
i usually get a few every game and it would be cool if we could add those to the stat list.

man, that brings up another question. would i have to be registered online in order for my tag stats to be counted?

am i going to have to register online every year, or will just this year be enough and my current registration be carried over to next year? i sure as hell hope so because i don't have enough time to be sitting at the computer all night filling out forms on websites.

Comment Posted by rey Jul 14, 2006 08:20 PM

can i use a library computer to register? that way my ip address won't be logged and used for unsavory purposes.

if i tell cliff that i am playing for a certain team does that count as being registered online as cliff is a pretty wired type of new century guy?

also, would it be possible to hire new refs? preferably ones that like being yelled at and who don't mind registering my bountiful tag stats complete with footnotes and annotations

Comment Posted by rey Jul 14, 2006 08:21 PM

does anyone wonder if shakespeare went to a writing school? he always seemed kind of....off... to me. all these weird words and such, like perchance and pluck and bear'st. i mean, what was with all the hyphens?
oh, so the question is, would shakespeare, being fairly well known and all, would he have to register here? i mean, it's not like you wouldn't notice you were playing football against shakespeare, what with those crazy outfits and all. you could probably count on one hand how many people in this league would dress like that....let's see, there's laping, and i just heard a story tonight about another guy wearing a pink tutu to a cfl game, then the guy who wears the fishing hat, and the two guys with orange cleats. so that's what... six, including shakespeare?
so again, my question would be, if i got orange cleats, like the guy who thinks he's shakespeare, would i still need to register online?
if someone could answer all of my questions in a timely fashion, i would be greatly impressed (especially if it were in sonnet form (or haiku...i've always been partial to a good haiku).

Comment Posted by Token Jul 14, 2006 09:39 PM

Had a lot to drink

So I think Rey's post was great

DP's still a dink

Aztec's beat Blazers

Blazer's O did no favors

Rey needs a razor

(haiku is 5-7-5 right?)

Comment Posted by avengers Jul 14, 2006 09:59 PM

I have an open-ended straight draw and an ace after the flop. Damian raises with pocket 5s, all cards on the flop are higher than his pair. I re-raise huge. Damian calls (donkey-call). I raise on turn and river, hit nothing. Damian calls each time. He wins. Stupid poker. Damian you are a donkey, Rosenby sucks, Rey is funny.

Jon

Comment Posted by Grizzled Old Vet Jul 15, 2006 04:20 PM

All hail King Rey!! Hippie dude, you da man.

Comment Posted by beeks Jul 15, 2006 04:58 PM

I think Ray has longer hair than the Ratz days. Ray have you had a haircut since the Ratz days? People are asking questions. Did not get a hold of Les Berrett but Bill Telford tells me that that you are a Rebel but a mighty fine receiver. By the way?? How much did you have to drink?? Friday or is it Saturday. BK

Comment Posted by rey Jul 16, 2006 09:36 AM

i haven't had a haircut since high school, and i have never been, nor do i suspect ever will be, a Rebel. the rest of mr. telford's information is however, quite correct. now if only i could still run.
also, i would like to clear up a common misconception that i grew up in the days of hippie weirdness. it is the METAL influence (and the dearth of gainful employment), not the 60's, that has resulted in the long hair. hence griz, my appearance at the judas priest concert.
finally, to paraphrase emperor kusko, 'drinkee me no likey.'

ps. mike, usually, if not always, haiku requires a seasonal reference, whether explicit or implicit.
for example:

'had a lot to drink
so i think rey's post was great
dp's a cold dink'

it is in the mention of cold that one could infer the presence of winter so often a part of playoff football, that which we as sportsmen so long to participate in, as opposed to a lack of warmth in an emotional sense, i.e. the cold shoulder.

again, we could try the following:

"aztecs beat blazers
blazer's O did no favours
rey needs a swather'

swather being the connection to the fall harvesting season, the time of year when many an important football match is played.

anyway, many questions, no answers.

.....tap tap tap......

Comment Posted by spider Jul 16, 2006 09:54 PM

Ok let's get this straight strait

Let's see if I have this Hy Coo-coo down right.

The WTFL has no censor
that's why the Rey hycoo post is still in
this makes my headspin,

OK, so this refers to; cut the poetry crap
in Rey's crazy post
because that English crap sucks!

Scott was right. Cut this thread

Comment Posted by marcus Jul 16, 2006 09:57 PM

go to bed Darrell :)

Comment Posted by Token Jul 16, 2006 10:16 PM

Darrell,

Don't you have to get up early to get your dentures in and watch the Price is Right??

Comment Posted by spider Jul 17, 2006 08:13 AM

I can't believe it!!!

I try slaggin my old Ratz nemesis, and you guys turn on me! Is it no wonder I got a D in University "English" Here's the assignment Interpret "Waiting for Godot!"

The most incredible story of a loser ever.... and they me, a budding football player, have to sit and read and get tested on that!

Token, got those taken care of a few years ago, no dentures, they are all cemented in. Just waiting for other body parts to arrive!

Man....my Indoor buddies are slaggin my lack of sleepin habits...I am on Indoor time!!!The price is right is on in the morning???? No one told me!!! What channel? I saw "Days" on Friday, so it's a repeat at Noon the next day....Hey is that show with that Asian chick,Relic Hunter on anytime?

Another Assassin game tonight. Outsiders had the lead for the entire right up to the end. Hey that was a great idea about the team folding chairs. Rick Does Shippam make those?

Hey has anyone noticed, but all these first div QB's are throwin like 10 Int's a game??? and that's only for one team!!! What's up with you guys? Arethe Defence's thatgood.Kanwal what's goin on out there. Your Avenger Chinese Fire drill, is faster than a Japanese Rythm section. (Hey this is Fred Robertson stuff so don't blame me) But Hey Rey can you metaphorically visualize that???Kanwal, Everyone is raving about your D. What is it that is going on out there?

I mean other than kind of rotating and crashing leaving the backside out open....that middle stuff is like a dog's breakfast (Re, another ....what would that be an alogorithim?)Give me a detailed strategy explanation on the http://mazurfootball.blogspot.com/

Hey Rick that was hilarous last night when I asked you why no one covered the Outsiders guy when you guys were in a 4-2? You looked over and said "what?"

No one covered him 'cause you guys are deaf and missed the call!!!

Price is right, ..daytime....must sleep before 2:00am, must sleep before 2:00am
Clue me in Dr. Kanwal and Dr.Rick and Dr. Mike

Comment Posted by rey Jul 18, 2006 05:22 AM

darrell, your haiku form is atrocious. and that's 'arch' nemesis to you.
as far as a metaphor goes, try this. defenses are actually starting to play now. instead of the classic nba, where teams would just try to outscore you, elite is turning into a pistons style defensive game, for the most part, where teams are actually developing serious defenses meant to stop the offense, not just impede it and hope for a break along the way.

i say keep this post alive. dp's threads always, and i mean always, invite such interesting and considerable discussion.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 18, 2006 06:53 AM

(sigh) I have never learned so much, in so short a time. My ears are sweatin and my brain hurts.

Hey, At least I use capitals(evidently not the space bar,but capitals!)

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com