Forums » General » video replay comes to touchfootball!- First and formost

Messages for video replay comes to touchfootball!- First and formost

Comment Posted by spider Apr 05, 2011 04:35 PM

Yep the original Touch Football league of Winnipeg is going to do it again.

The first in many ways, is once again on the cutting edge of touch football in Canada. The introduction of video replay!!!

The WTFL is going to introduce "video replay" in specified games throughout the season!

While the practicality of the concept is likely to evolve throughout the year as we tinker with what is possible, it is possible.

Here's the initial proposed process:

1.) The headlinesman will do the play recording on each play, in addition to his regular duties.

2.) Teams will be given a chance for one replay per game.

3.) If the replay is used in the first half and upheld they will receive a second opportunity for an additional replay in the 2nd half.

4.) In the last 3 minutes, the replay will only be used if the officials deem it warranted.

Like the CFL/NFL the video replay must be conclusive to overturn an official's call.

Unlike the Pro's, the strategic part of making the call is somewhat more significant. That is, if you use it in the first half and it is not in your favor, you are out of replays for the game.

Secondly, as it is the Headlinesman that is filming it from the one sideline, it may have limited clarity on plays on the opposite sideline.

Third, depending on the HL who's area of coverage is 15 yards from the line of scrimmage, but can be extended downfield on long passes, will the running motion of the HL negate the clarity of the recording?

So, will it be perfect? Nope! But what is? However, on shorter plays, it could provide an ideal replay! What do ya think?

Comment Posted by marc Apr 12, 2011 08:26 AM

I think you're crazy.

But if you were going to do such a thing, you'd want to strap these on all the refs:
http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-helmet-hero-camera/

Comment Posted by spider Apr 12, 2011 09:01 AM

Yeah, it's not bad. But where would you play it back?

In contrast, The technological wizards at WTFL.com have come up with a camera that not only lets you record the action, but play it back within seconds. In this regard it will be even quicker than the CFL and NFL. As noted the one downfall is that the view will be taken from the sideline, and if the play is extended downfield and the HL runs a lot it may be bouncing. But that would hapen in any event.

The beauty and key to this option is the immediacy in which the replay can be looked at. Strategy will have to be involved as to determine when and if a videoreplay time out will be called. This adds to the cerebral crdeibility of our teams. The question that would have to be asked by a team would be:

1.) Is the play near the camera?
2.) what is the liklihood the HL caught the play.
3.) Would there be players blocking out the desired play?

All careful things to consider when taking a video replay timeout. But I know our teams can handle it.

I mean remember that play when you said it was catch and the ref ruled it no...???...

The dub, a leader in innovation and development in the world of touch football.

Comment Posted by cwentz Apr 12, 2011 01:14 PM

better yet, why not look bad ass while doing it, and listen to some tunes. all you need a sideline laptop - would need it in a tent to block the sun and should probably have a cooler for ice cold beverages on hand just in case there isn't conclusive evidence and the play must be discussed by head officials in Ontario. plus 3 of these cost the same as the miner headgear.

http://www.cbit.ca/product.php?productid=12873&cat=1342&bestseller=Y

Comment Posted by spider Apr 12, 2011 01:32 PM

That is so cool and cheap. I'll propose it to the exec and see if we can get a few sets. plus if we got those we could check out the .....wait I better not say that,,,the action!
hey come to think of it I need a new pair of sun glasses.

Comment Posted by captainwoody Apr 13, 2011 09:53 AM

Still not sold on this Darrell.

Comment Posted by spider Apr 13, 2011 12:16 PM

Hey that's what Sam Clementine said to Alexander Graham Bell!!!

Comment Posted by Marionn Dec 29, 2020 06:43 AM

Rome Ciampino airport transfers: Ciampino airport to Rome taxi. AtoB Taxi will pick you up at the Ciampino Airport and transfer comfortably anywhere in Rome
https://atobtransfer.com/italy/rome-ciampino-airport-taxi-transfers/

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com