Forums » General » Blue Devils Fold

Messages for Blue Devils Fold

Comment Posted by theprez Jul 15, 2006 08:45 AM

Unfortunately, starting with a roster of 14 we are now down to 8 with the loss of 6 players for various reasons. Out of those 8 we can't field enough game in and game out. We do not want to get into a penalty/fine situation; therefor the team is ceasing operations effective immediately.

My apologies to the league and all its members, however if you did play us already, you would see we are struggling to get 7 players out.

Thank you.

Cliff Kitchen
Blue Devils Rep

Comment Posted by spider Jul 15, 2006 09:38 AM

Cliff that's unfortunate,

How long have the Blue Devils been around (counting the Chargers), and were they the West K Chargers before that? With former Sisler/Bomber great Garry Rosolowich, playing That's like a 25 year run isn't it?

Wouldn't you guys be the 2nd oldest serving "franchise" in the league?

Assassins since 1978? I believe.Is that right Tim?

Hey why don't you bring down a couple of Elite team players. Maybe Jim Bell and his son? Maybe The legend, The Shea berg.

C'mon league help out this old cherished institution.

Save the devil, save the devil, c'mon people. OKthatdoesn't sound quite right, but maybe you only need a couple of guys illthe summer doldrums are over

We just can't let you die

Hey I'll even come out and walk a 5 yard hook if it will help. (Ya have to switch wednesdays though)

Comment Posted by rstatman Jul 15, 2006 05:19 PM

Actually, the team folded on February 12, 2006.

Comment Posted by nomads Jul 16, 2006 03:33 PM

Hey Blue Devils: We could use a few bodies. Call me 981-1846
Glen

Comment Posted by captainwoody Jul 17, 2006 09:16 AM

Sorry to see you go Cliffy.

What happens to the games that were supposed to be played against the Blue Devils? Do we get the automatic wins as a result of the fold? Or are we going to toss an extra game in there?

Comment Posted by rstatman Jul 17, 2006 01:15 PM

Real smooth Captain Woody. Gee Cliff, we're going to miss you and by the way when are mailing us our 2 points.

Comment Posted by marcus Jul 17, 2006 04:18 PM

Randy, retype that last post, you made no sense.

Comment Posted by rstatman Jul 17, 2006 05:31 PM

Nothing new there.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 17, 2006 06:42 PM

R -Man Let it go!

Don't let that bitterness consume you. It's better to give than to receive...???Thou shall not kill?? Walk a mile for a camel...???, LOve the one you're with! (Yeah that's my favourite..)I always think it's a sad day when a franchise folds.

Is the Devil dead? or will they rise up like the mighty Phoenix??? Joe?

Rey where are you? Does that mean God has won? (Devil is dead!)

If we were in the Middle East, who would have won?

Rey, Are too busy with your High coo or just hi?

What is the answer? Allen Iverson?

Rey?

Comment Posted by marcus Jul 17, 2006 07:17 PM

pot...kettle...black...

Comment Posted by rey Jul 18, 2006 05:08 AM

thanks for valuing my input, d....
i'll be honest though, i have occasional difficulty deciphering some of your comments in most of your posts, but constant difficulty in deciphering most of your comments in some of your posts, and this post is no exception. Middle East? whoosh, right over my head, but i've read enough X-men comics to get the phoenix reference....the camel? what?

at any rate, i don't feel i have the requisite experience to comment on the specifics of the Blue Devils demise, other than to say it is definitely unfortunate. given the difficulties they were having though, i could see how it would not be fun playing football in that situation. hopefully they can conjure up something for next year, but that is kind of a pisser when you get commitments from guys only to have them back out during the season.

i did find the convergence of certain threads quite interesting however.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 18, 2006 07:23 AM

OK

Deciphering my gibberish 101

You first emotionally reply to a previous topic, without any planning. You eliminate the space bar between words(frick I hate this keyboard), and then stir! Add an amalgamation of previous posts, (Thank you)and there you are. Take two aspirins, and push "send"

The Middle East reference was with reference to whose (who's?) God would view "who" or which "religion" as "right?" (yup, found a new key)Regarding slaying the other side's "demons"/invaders

The reference to the camel was a combination of a cigarette commerical from the 60/70"s "I'd walk a mile for a camel." and the wise saying, "don't judge another, unless you walk a mile in his shoes!" (something like that)

But for the purpose of this forum, perhaps that is a little too deep. OK back to football.

man those Refs ripped off the Bombers last game. And how about those WTFL refs?At least our guys know when an interception is an intereption, and a TD is aTD catch. (Julian, I know you're gonna argue with me on that one)

I propose a new rule. Tags will only be considered a tag when the "tag" concists of four fingers and a thumb making contact with the opponent. There that should eliminate all the Sun Party experts complaints. How many guys on Sun Parties ref or know the rules?

Rule # 2 Swearing under one's breath in frustration is allowable. However, any other swearing deamed offensive (by a ref) may be flagged

OK, OK... So I cheated.... proposal # 2 is already how it is supposed to be called according to the Case, Rule book,and the Philosophy and Intent of the rules manual which, I bet zero people have read in the last two or three years.

Wayne. make those constitutional amendements,so the league can not suffer an anarism. DR. Kanwal is that how you spell it?

and Marcus...am I bitter? No, Just pissed off with circumstances! But hey, you can't win them all, and I am still enjoying my summer "off" and your website!

How's TOC coming?

Hey who's going to Regina?

Comment Posted by lmitchnik Jul 19, 2006 08:40 AM

I am supposed to ref the Blue Devils vs. Portable Junk tonight, has there been another opponent scheduled for PJ or is there no game at 7:45?

Comment Posted by avengers Jul 19, 2006 08:41 AM

Nope, you are off the hook for reffing that game. Portable Junk will be given the win.

Jon

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com