Forums » General » Playoff Eligibilty Clarification

Messages for Playoff Eligibilty Clarification

Comment Posted by liquidgrace Jul 18, 2006 08:34 AM

I know there has been lots of discussion about this in other threads, but I'm looking for some clarification without having to weed through all the smack-talk.

To be elilgible:

I've seen posts that say 9 games minimum for "upper" division teams. I'm assuming that's every division above New Team. Is that correct?

I've seen posts that say 50% of games for ALL divisions. I know this leaves the same number for "upper" division teams. I'm not in New Team so it doesn't matter to me, but I'm sure there are people who would like to know.

I've seen posts that say it's just (at least) one game before the Aug. 15 roster deadline. This would leave different numbers for most teams and, I would think, be very hard to inforce.

Thanks for any help clearing this up.

Brad
12 PAck

Comment Posted by mbender Jul 18, 2006 09:04 AM

I'm bored at work so I'll answer this one longwinded style ;)

When it is said that "I've seen posts that say 9 games minimum for "upper" division teams. I'm assuming that's every division above New Team. Is that correct?" - NO what that means is that in order for a higher division player to play in the playoffs for ANY lower division team they MUST get in 9 games (or 50 percent of the lower teams total amount of games.) for example, I play QB for the OC in the 3rd division, but I also play defense for Venom in New Team 1 division, if I want to play in the playoffs for Venom I must get in 50% of their total games (New Team play 14 so I have to be on the game card for 7 games) If I decide to join another team say yours in Division 5 or (any division lower then 3) Because that is the highest division in this league I am playing I have to get in 50% of your total amount of games for the season, if you have 9 left and I make all 9 then I'm good, if you only have 5 left and play an 18 game season ( then I won't make your 50%) so then I can't play in the playoffs. If for some reason I joined a higher division team for a single game I would now have to get in 9 OC games to be eligible to throw for them.

Regarding how he August 15th deadline comes into effect, If you find a player and he joins up as late as Aug 14 and plays that day he is eligible to play for your team in the playoffs (that being that he hasn't played a single game in a higher division of course, if a different guy joins your team on Aug 16 then he is not eligible for playoffs regardless of getting in 1 or more games because he has gone past the deadline.

remember if you have any players who play on multiple teams then it only affects them (playing 50%) otherwise the only deadline you have to worry about is having all newer players join up before August 15

Marty B
OC QB #18
Venon MB

Referee

Comment Posted by liquidgrace Jul 18, 2006 09:27 AM

Mary B.

Thanks very much. Exactly what I was looking for.

Brad

Comment Posted by mbender Jul 18, 2006 09:36 AM

it's MARTY Mang!!!!

Comment Posted by liquidgrace Jul 18, 2006 09:45 AM

Oops! Sorry Marty (not Mary) B!

Brad

Comment Posted by Norm Jul 18, 2006 10:03 AM

I think I will hold back on that one, too easy. Mary

Norm
OC

Comment Posted by Alzies Jul 18, 2006 10:10 AM

Sometimes Marty throws like mary so I can see how easy it would be to confuss the two. just joking.

Comment Posted by rey Jul 18, 2006 10:29 AM

no you're not.

Comment Posted by Alzies Jul 18, 2006 10:44 AM

Rey behave or I will bring a shavor to our game on thursday

Comment Posted by kirby Jul 18, 2006 04:33 PM

I believe you just have to be signed up on the roster by Aug 15th, and that you don't actually have to play a game by Aug 15th. So you can get signed up by the 15th, not play a regular seaon game at all, get your insurance in 1 bus. day before the playoffs and still be eligible for the playoffs (technically speaking and assuming you don't play on any other team).

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com