Forums » General » 4th best team in the league

Messages for 4th best team in the league

Comment Posted by spider Jul 24, 2006 09:13 AM

It's none of my business, but....

Just finished watching St.Vital's Finest and OC, last night. Wow!

OC looks pretty strong. Finally, OC has a core of receivers that can catch. Mr. Bender looked like Anthony Cavillo, as he picked apart another division leading team in St. Vital's finest.

Ziggy Haliuk, has to be the best receiver in the league this season. The difference between him and the rest of the previous year's top guys is that he is playing with passion, and of course he can fly, also.

And on defence, time to give this guy some "kudos" (whatever they are) but Ron Allen, at 49, plays like 29. "Coach" Allen has the OC defence coverin everywhere, doin everything, and flying to the ball and communicating!!!

That was like watching a clinic last night!

Congratulations on putting a fine team together!

Comment Posted by mbender Jul 24, 2006 09:40 AM

Hey Darryl,

thanks for the props about the first half last night (man was I hung over!) We seemed to have St. Vital a bit frazzled on what we were going to do next but I'm sure they will be more than ready if we meet in the playoffs, good team with some great players.

The receivers on that team are something aren't they? never have I played on a team with so much depth and guys who make things happen regardless of how a ball is thrown, very few drops if any with this allstar crew hitting the dirt or making the highlight reel catches.

Funny thing about the success of the OC this year hasn't been the offense far from it, it hasn't been just the Dynamic Duo of Jackson and Haliuk on defense either but I think the catalyst has been our rusher Omar "Blur" Dwyer and Ron Allen's game plans. facing that speedy defense with a rusher as quick and athletic as Omar is a tough task, throw in the experience and game defensive sets of RA and I'm sure the past 6 teams the OC has faced since Omar has joined us would agree that defense is pretty good..... Speaking of rushers did you see Ferand (st. vitals rusher) run into the Great Wall of Bender last night? man that poor guy hit the dirt pretty hard after literally bouncing off my 270 lb frame AND NO ROUGHING THE RUSHER CALL EITHER? :)

Comment Posted by ziggy75 Jul 24, 2006 10:11 AM

thanks for the kind word darryl,but lets face it having one of the best players in the province on your team makes a great difference.what wayne brings in the huddle and those small chats on the field outweight even his on field production.the amout of leadership on this years oc squad seems almost unfair,with the likes of "big thunder" phil,wayne,and mr. allen you'd be hard pressed to find a team with that kind of "coaching" ability.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 24, 2006 10:17 AM

Hung Over!!!?? It was a 7:00pm game!

Yeah that Omar dude looks like the real deal.

I'm sorry, did you say St. Vital rushed you???
I guess you didn't feel him hit you, and I didn't see him rush you! C'mon, Did you even work up a sweat?

Yes, as noted, that Defense, looked pretty "in sync" Again, "kudos" to the old guy ....er 29 year "old" guy!

I bet you guys beat the Eagles and the Outsiders up in the "E"

No roughing the rusher call???? from Kelm??? Those dark glasses must have hid those sleepy eyes that must have been closin after 6 games in 34 degree heat.

OC all the way! Congrats!

Comment Posted by Byatch Jul 24, 2006 10:23 AM

Props go out to a great OC team for the beating they gave us last night.

This year's OC seems to have all the tools necessary to make a good run at the championship. The addition of Wayne and Omar give you guys that confident swagger needed to put teams away.

If ST'V's Finest can get our shite together and quit fighting amongst ourselves, we'll be more than ready to challenge for the Division.

Till we meet again.

Thurston #8

Comment Posted by rstatman Jul 24, 2006 11:15 AM

If it wasn't for the playoffs....

Comment Posted by marcus Jul 24, 2006 11:48 AM

Darrell Darrell Darrell....OC isn't beating anybody in Elite. Get real.
You put the Ass in Assassin. :)

Comment Posted by spider Jul 24, 2006 12:10 PM

Hmmmm! Must be a bad day.

I may have a nice Ass, but I wouldn't go and say it. So thanks for the props!

But as Byatch and Marty stated, OC played pretty well. Now I admit, I have yet to see the vertically challenged outsiders STEP UPI and play any match with such intensity.

Perhaps, you might let me know when such a contest might be watchable(damn shouldn't have had that beer for supper!)

Now standup!

Oh...you are! :)

don't cut this post, don't cut this post, don't cut this post!

heh heh!

Hey Assassins/Sun Parties 7:45pm, at the Cross Bowl....another battle for first

Comment Posted by ziggy75 Jul 24, 2006 12:33 PM

sorry but i must disagree with the spidy on the outsider coment,the last game they played still best game i've been apart of.

Comment Posted by marcus Jul 24, 2006 09:04 PM

Just because I'm the best, I'll quote Darrell after the last Outsiders vs Assassins:

-----------------------------------------
Comment Posted by spider Jul 17, 2006 01:38 PM

Hey Ziggy's a helluva player!

Oige made some nice catches, as did Corey Hansson. man that guy is good!

Outsiders are looking pretty good! 8 guys and a lead for 58 minutes!! The future looks rosy!

Gettin ziggy wit it! :)
-----------------------------------------

Comment Posted by Byatch Jul 24, 2006 09:09 PM

Marcy, you're right. You are the best!

Beers after the game Sunday? Earl's patio?

Comment Posted by guru Jul 25, 2006 07:40 AM

now that season is half over, who is all pro team offense and d?

Comment Posted by spider Jul 25, 2006 02:39 PM

Hey G-Man,

It's a weird year up in Elite.Qb's have thrown a ton of ints.... Must mean the D is pretty good.

Here's the All Maze team (These guys play against the BEST the league has to offer,and seem to have stuck out, IMHO!)

Defense

Kanwal Saran
Martin Windus
Dave Suehn Jr.
Suk Singh
Ogo Okwumabua
Mike Brownridge
Craig Keyser

Offense

Tim Shea
Kelsey Grey
Ziggy Haliuk
Suk Singh
Dave Suehn Jr
Brad Black
Wayne Jackson/ Dan Johnston

Hey Guru, Is it time for WTFL IDOL?

Comment Posted by Crawdad Jul 25, 2006 02:48 PM

How about the other Division Mazur???

Comment Posted by spider Jul 25, 2006 07:16 PM

Huh?

There is an other division?:)

To be honest, I have not seen a lot of other divisions this year, as I am not reffing as many games. Therefore, I'll limit my opinion to what I have at least seen.... and besides, the "guru" wanted an All-Pro team. I like my selections.

I am sure there are about 60 more guys you could include so, why don't you give us your opinion on the 3rd div all-stars, from a rural/ medical point of view?:}(That is you isn't it Brian?)

any other takers?

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com