Forums » General » National Tournament of Champions heating up!!

Messages for National Tournament of Champions heating up!!

Comment Posted by theprez Jul 31, 2006 09:18 AM

Hey there everyone, as the football season heads into the midway point talk of the Nationals here in Winnipeg is starting to heat up.

5 to 6 teams from Regina...I am sure perenial Labor Day finalists Meglomania are one of them...they had a great showing out east in Ottawa last year and should have a little taste of success in their mouths...

Top Women's teams from the east are booked...Toronto Shock, T.Litzen Rockets

Here is your chance to see how you rank against the other provinces...Tiers for all skill levels...4 games guaranteed..and here in the Peg, all its going to cost you is the entry fee of $400.

here is the entry form link

http://www.toc2006.ca/download/file_name/12/toc_regform.pdf

You can get the info at www.toc2006.ca

More info to come....

See You all there...

Comment Posted by theprez Aug 01, 2006 03:37 AM

Good morning, a little more info...

We also have some representation from Montreal Women's Montreal Maroons, Fleur De Lys, Hornets are coming, from Edmonton men's I believe

Rooms at the Fairmont are getting booked up, get your reservations in...

I will keep you posted...

Cliff

Comment Posted by spider Aug 02, 2006 07:39 PM

Hey Cliff,

Great job getting this organized.

Just wondering if you have decided on the other 5 fields you need, and since Maple Grove isn't going to staff their clubhouse, is it going to have food service available? (are we cooking and pouring beers??? I'll do that one!!!) The changerooms/washrooms will be open right?

Who from Winnipeg is entering? (besides the Assassins and the Ultimate league All-Stars)

Comment Posted by Norm Aug 03, 2006 03:52 AM

OC

Comment Posted by spider Aug 03, 2006 06:07 AM

Is that it?

Well this will be easy to organize

Comment Posted by avengers Aug 03, 2006 06:43 AM

Again, if there is football to be played, the Avengers will be there.

Jon

Comment Posted by spider Aug 03, 2006 06:53 AM

Nine! Nine!and that ain't German for NO! (OK well it is, but...)

What's goin on???

Are there no teams from Winnipeg with any balls???

Brad, what happened??? What's the exact score?..tough crowd...

Comment Posted by kirby Aug 03, 2006 08:06 AM

I don't see the dates listed anywhere (except when downloading the pdf form).

And do teams really send the cheque to Touch Football Ontario?

Comment Posted by Chefy Aug 03, 2006 11:30 AM

Hey just a question?
We are thinking of entering a team from the rural area with the guys that we played against sunparties with. What are our chances of competing and what division would you suggest. Also what is the cost and how many games etc

Comment Posted by spider Aug 03, 2006 11:57 AM

Ah,.... Cliff posted the info at the top of the post.

$400.00 entry (that's cheap) What is that the earlybird fee Cliff?

Here's part of what he originally posted,

"...Tiers for all skill levels...4 games guaranteed..and here in the Peg, all its going to cost you is the entry fee of $400.

here is the entry form link

http://www.toc2006.ca/download/file_name/12/toc_regform.pdf

You can get the info at www.toc2006.ca...";

As a 25 year vet of the tournament, I would suggest you would probably have the most success in one of the lower intermediate or rec divisions(only because many teams will have lots of experience playing would I suggest rec.)

(Sun parties would probably finish 12-16th in the Elite division.In other words they might win one game of their round robin, in their division) They would then be relegated to the A Division or the BB division, where they would only continue to play if they continued to win. (Four Years ago the Eagles went that route, and two years ago the Assassins went that route)

The tournament is like Grey Cup Week, only on a smaller scale. Hundreds of football people wanting to have a goodtime celebrating the game we love. A Guaranteed awesome (and I do mean Awesome) time. Easily the best $400.00 a group could spend and for $ 10.00, or less a game....that's a steal. The price should easily be 2x that much.

Great games, great players, great entertainment, great women, great location and for Ontario-ites, great fricken weather (probably be in the high 20's the way this year is going)

...but leave your flags at home. (There are hundreds of flag tournaments in the States. There is even a Flag Football magazine dedicated to the game,www.flagmag.com (www.cfont.ca has the link I believe) Check it out.

Two of the Sunparties guys, Craig and Colin Swanston play on Team Canada that travel all over the place for these tournaments. Last year they were in Florida, and Cleveland this past winter. Have you talked to them?

They will be playing for one of their Team Canada teammate's teams at TOC.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com