Forums » General » All-star Selection Process

Messages for All-star Selection Process

Comment Posted by marcus Aug 04, 2006 08:44 AM

To submit your players for the all-star game and skills competitions please send an email to admin@wtfl.ca with the following information and ONLY the following information. If you have questions about something else, send them in a seperate email please:

use subject: WTFL All-star selections

All-star selection: (select 1 player)
Fastest Man: (select 1 player)
Longest Throw: (select 1 player)
QB Challenge: (select 1 player)
Receiver Challenge: (select 1 player)
Team Relay: (select 4 players)

You can start sending in your nominations now and the due date is August 16th.

For those of you who have never been to the all-star game, I highly suggest you come out to the event even if you aren't playing. It's always a good time. Post game party is at hooters where we will have a jersey raffle again, and some free wings/beverages for the all-stars.

It is the best touch football event in the city, year in and year out so don't miss out!

Other info:
All-star night is Friday August 18th, doors open at 5:30pm
There will be 2 all-star games like last year, one for the "rookies" and one for the vets. The divisions for each game and the players on each team will be posted as they come in.

If you have questions, post them here or send me an email.

If anybody is interested in helping volunteer on the event night please let me know.

thanks and enjoy!

Comment Posted by marcus Aug 11, 2006 07:36 AM

Keep the player selections coming in. The game is a week away!

Comment Posted by Byatch Aug 11, 2006 08:28 AM

What about a kicking contest for guys like me that are slow, can't catch or throw?

Comment Posted by marcus Aug 11, 2006 09:26 AM

We took out the punting contest this year because of time constraints. Depending on how things shape up, maybe we can squeeze it back in, but I can't promiss anything just yet.

Comment Posted by marcus Aug 11, 2006 10:01 AM

I've put up a page for the all-star game information and sponsors:

http://wtfl.ca/allstars

It's also available on the menu on the left hand side of the site.

Comment Posted by marcus Aug 15, 2006 06:53 AM

Teams are still signing up, but we got a bunch that haven't sent anybody yet. You guys always like to wait until the last minute. Get your selections in!

Comment Posted by enclumes92 Aug 15, 2006 09:45 AM

Hey Marcus,

I've never been to the all-star and I've been selected by my team to go (woo-hoo!!). Just need some more info like, where does my groupies or DD or girlfriend park the car ? Where's the door to get in ? Can we make out in the endzone after I score a touchdown or does she or can she sit in the stands ? Anything else I should know ?

Comment Posted by marcus Aug 15, 2006 11:08 AM

The All-Star shirts and water bottles are now in. Each all-star game player will receive one of each when they get to the door.

Comment Posted by marcus Aug 15, 2006 11:12 AM

Parking is in the "parking lot" where everybody else will be. I'm waiting for the bombers to reply back with the gate that will be open.

Fans can and should be in the stands.

DD girlfriends can see me at the door for special instructions.

Comment Posted by lmitchnik Aug 15, 2006 02:43 PM

Marcus,

If you still need volunteers, I'll be there. I can ref and/or help with events. I haven't heard from my team rep, but I would assume I am not going as the Anvils rep (none of us are all-stars this year).

Leslie

Comment Posted by marcus Aug 15, 2006 07:48 PM

Awesome Leslie, we'll see you there. Thanks!

Comment Posted by marcus Aug 16, 2006 06:53 AM

I've update the allstars page with more information, including a map for which gate to enter and a loose timeline with the events and stuff.

Comment Posted by Cheeks Aug 16, 2006 07:32 AM

Thanks.
Out of curiosity, will the rosters for the All-Star games be posted online? Not that I will be playing or anything, just curious to see who from the other teams will be participating.
Thanks

Blair
South Side Trojans #3

Comment Posted by marcus Aug 16, 2006 07:36 AM

I'll will get those up tomorrow, once I get in all the players names.

Comment Posted by Cheeks Aug 16, 2006 08:08 AM

Cool.
I wasn't sure if that was the plan or not. Figured there was no harm in asking. Thanks!

Blair
South Side Trojans #3

Comment Posted by enclumes92 Aug 16, 2006 09:38 AM

Thanks Marcus, much appreciated. We're not all originally from this city and know our ways around the stadium. Great map.

As for Leslie, I am so disappointed that you would think of me that way. Shame on you...

Comment Posted by marcus Aug 16, 2006 11:00 AM

I've started to put all the names of the players and skills competition guys on the allstar page. If you don't see your team listed there, get your selections in to me!

For you people who like to wait until the last minute, well it is approaching. Get your guys signed up!!!

All-stars get free stuff (t-shirts, water bottles, wings/beer) why would you not want to send somebody :)

Prizes for contest winners as well!

All the guys who won events last year, come back and defend your titles!

Comment Posted by Byatch Aug 16, 2006 11:13 AM

I'm willing to donate a bag of super-fries for the throw like a Dyck contest.

Thurston

Comment Posted by marcus Aug 16, 2006 01:54 PM

Still have some teams that haven't signed up, especially in the upper divisions. I guess folklorama and the Snakes on a Plane opening are bigger in this town than I thought!

Comment Posted by Cheeks Aug 16, 2006 04:41 PM

I know i'm crossing my fingers that I can get my free Snakes on a Plane movie tickets from work tomorrow. Its about all my work is good for.

By the way Marcus, Good job getting everything up today.

Blair
South Side Trojans #3

Comment Posted by Lils Aug 17, 2006 04:49 AM

Is there a list of the rookies playing in the rookie game?

Comment Posted by marcus Aug 17, 2006 06:38 AM

Right now all the all-stars for both games are lumped together on the site. Once all the final guys are emailed in, I will divide up the teams and post them to the site.

Comment Posted by laping_baby Aug 17, 2006 07:12 AM

Can I play on the guys team this year?

...those girls are too mean

Comment Posted by marcus Aug 17, 2006 07:22 AM

laping, this is for football, not that other hobby of yours. :)

OK FINAL NOTICE, if you want in on this action email me today otherwise you'll be watching from the sidelines!!!

If you are not on the list, you won't be getting the WTFL All-star t-shirt, wtfl water bottle, free wings/beverages at hooters, and you won't get to play in the game. You won't have a chance to win other prizes which include footballs, bomber tickets, gift certificates to some of winnipegs finest restaurants etc etc.

What about the Assassins? Eagles? Titans? Sunparties? All-star game without the so called "Elite" guys, but I guess they suck. Ya you heard me, no all-stars on your team means you obviously suck.

That goes for all the other teams who haven't signed up yet either. You suck. Face it, your afraid to put your "talent" against the rest of the league, and you don't like getting free stuff.

You suck.

Comment Posted by marcus Aug 17, 2006 07:23 AM

Suprisingly enough, Laping doesn't suck. He's playing in the game and his team is signed up.

What is the world coming to? Laping is better than all of you!

Comment Posted by laping_baby Aug 17, 2006 07:25 AM

I've been telling every one for years I'm better than them. :P

Comment Posted by laping_baby Aug 17, 2006 07:31 AM

Sorry for the double post but I actually read Marcus's post.

No Elite guys! I'm the only one! Come on guys I'll sign your shirts or water bottles what ever it will take.

This games a blast, come out and play.

Sunparties doesn't have a team in yet for fastest team? That's like me not showing up for the hottest man contest, I win every year and I have a rep to protect.

Comment Posted by marcus Aug 17, 2006 07:57 AM

Well that didn't take long, Assassins are in now....guess they didn't want me calling them Dicks :)

Ok who else?

Comment Posted by laping_baby Aug 17, 2006 10:31 AM

Who's entering from the Assassin team so I can make sure to bring my Sharpie to sign their shirt?

Comment Posted by spider Aug 17, 2006 01:22 PM

Who is this "lapping babies" guy?

Comment Posted by avengers Aug 18, 2006 05:36 AM

Hey guys,

As of last night the Eagles, Titans, Aztecs, Bowflexors, Portable Junk, Chargers, Drillers, No D, Nomads, Rude Boys, Blitz, Isotopes, Shmucks, Ninja Milita, and Vipers from Divisions 1-4 have not signed up a player for the all-star game. Send Marc an email by this afternoon or you will not have a representative this year.

The exec isn't pulling people out of the stands to play in the game, so if you are not signed up you are not playing.

Jon

Comment Posted by marcus Aug 18, 2006 10:36 AM

Sounds like we got some last minute entries which should make some of contests very interesting. Longest throw should be something to watch.

Everybody enjoy the evening and be sure you thank the volunteers that are helping out at the events tonight!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com