Forums » General » All-StarGame Review

Messages for All-StarGame Review

Comment Posted by spider Aug 19, 2006 08:58 AM

Yeah It was good.

TWO great games!

Way to go WTFL!!

Dennis Ponte and his NE Stealers connection were deadly in that first game. That's the best performance I have seen by the Stealers. While they wiped up in Indoor, the outdoor field really enhances their speed and ability! Definitly winners of New Team Div, for 2006. (DP get back on the Forum)

And I officially annoint JON ( J is on) as the 2006 Most Outstanding Player, as he lead his Team White All-Stars to a 35-12? victory over Team Blue. I hate to use a negative word (except as a TOKEN) but his performance was SICK! JON (J+on = JON), did you even break a sweat? What were your passing stats 10/10 with 5 TD passes. I don't have a clue about how they calculate QB efficiency, but I can't see how JF's performance would be below 100. (I think that is really good) Brett explain it all to me!

Unofficially, the undisputed Best Fans award goes to Team Nerf. Unfortunately, I was also 20 feet from them. Shutup already! They never stopped cheering. See my Kull comment re next year!!!

Unofficially, The best party team is the South End Trojans.
However, un-fortunatly, surprisingly, and this is true. They lost the drinking contest of slamming back a pint. (or whatever they were caklling it)

Yup uh-huh, first their rep(sorry, didn't get his name) and Master 50 year old official Rick, ( I am not an animal) Hoydelo, (old, long story)finished in a dead tie, smashing down their glass(s) at exactly the same time, in as remarkable a life moment that I ever witnesed. I was like three feet away! It was like being in the 3rd row of STOMP, the dance/percussion group show, or like having a lapdance in Vancouver, Ottawa, or St.Jean de sur de Richeliu. (I'll never forget that $220.00 half hour), with some sort of liquid splashing me in the face...(sweat, beer other?)

Then after a short recovery period, the Trojan rep challenged JON (J is on) Franklin!.....BIG MISTAKE!

Incredibly, JON (J is ON, "no gag reflex" Franklin, downed the pint like a 2 oz shooter! He was sitting finished, smiling,... waiting... for the SE Trojan rep!! It was devasting, as a hush fell over the 25 Trojan supporters crowded around the back corner, where this contest took place.

The three Avengers and JON's (J is ON) gorgeous girlfriend sat quietly, smiling, while the devasted Trojans walked away in silence, with many leaving Hooters directly, with half full beers, yet!!!Devastating!

So, for me, that performance by JON (J is ON) solidified his annointing as, "WTFL Most Outstanding Player."

The other seconday Contests....What were the results?

Team OC destroyed the field in the Mazur Indoor Team Relay, defeating SE Trojans, who dropped the baton!!!, and two other teams easily. Nice JOB OC. Congratulations and enjoy your prizes, and we will see you Indoor!

WTFL fastest man - went to none other than, the WTFL's second best team, the Assassin's,rushman, Chris Friesen, who I personally timed, with a 4.5 40. Ed(slow hand) Markowski had him at 4.7. Take your pick.

Longest Throw - Kull the conqueror, Jeff "elastic steroid arm guy arm" threw it 65? yards for the win!

Hey Transcona boy, isn't it time you got your company to step up and throw $100.00 on the line for this contest, and sponsor the win. "The Plasticoil longest throw...boinggg", seems a natural fit. Next year buddy! $100.00 to the winner plus a free binding machine with 500 coils! How much stuff have you won from this contest??? (Hey can you hook DMCI football team up with one of those for my playbook?)

The other two contests, (one which I timed) the Quarterback challenge was won by???Les help me out here? (Yeah I know, I was involved in the contest and I forget the winners name) Les? Who was that late entry fellow?

The Receiver Challenge - was won by the Aint's representative (again, a new Team guy), who I am also guilty of being ignorant of not knowing, so Marcus, who was the Aint's rep that won ?

Thanks to all the sponsors, the exec,the volunteers the players and the fans,who made it another fun party. Plus two awesome games. Great entertainment!

What's next?
Way to go WTFL!

Comment Posted by Snatch Aug 19, 2006 11:41 AM

just so we get things straight, ya we did lose slamming back a pint. unfortunately we were outin the parking lot pounding jd but no excuses, that guy could slam back a beer square and true. Good on him. But lets not make everyone think that we left after that. we stayed at hooters later than everyone, then followed that up with several rounds of shots across the street at movado's. We hung out there until about 1:15 or so at which point we went to our sponsers, club fantasy to see a few "dances". we brought a couple guys from other teams out to party with us so they can vouch for how much fun it was. After the clubclosed at 2:30 we went to one of our players houses and drank until 4:30 in the morning. Oh ya, and we still made it to our 9 am game and won 64-0. anyone who wants to challenge us for party team, we're going again tonight at club fantasy starting around 10:30. just show up and say you're with the football team. no-cover. the way i see it, if any team steps up and challenges us, we both win.

Derek
#10 South Side Trojans

Comment Posted by Snatch Aug 19, 2006 11:45 AM

and we didnt drop the baton. they were just faster than us. they were so fast it may have just looked like we dropped the ball. damn those guys were fast.

Comment Posted by ziggy75 Aug 19, 2006 02:11 PM

even the white guy...he was pretty good... you know the only one running for that team...lol

Comment Posted by beeks Aug 19, 2006 05:03 PM

Derek. Double stumble bumble. You even had an inteception return for a touchdown in todays game and YOU DROPPED IT ON THE 10 YARD LINE. SHAME SHAME.
You Guys are all talk. CAN YOU WIN WITHOUT TALKING. That will be your biggest challenge. Derek until you win something SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!

Comment Posted by mbender Aug 19, 2006 05:07 PM

When will we see Wayne Jackson finally run full out??? he only jogged for the win from mid field after Omar got you guys that huge cushion.....

by the way Derek, those are a few of the guys you would be trying to cover if you ever decided to play against my OC receivers....

but props derek on your 3 TD performance and to the rest of the trojans for playing which looked severely hung over.... Hopefully double Zero is okay from that collision....

Marty B
OC QB
Referee.

Comment Posted by Cheeks Aug 20, 2006 03:13 PM

Best thing about the All-Star game and festivities was talking and hanging out with some of the guys you actually play against. You have such a rivalry when you step out on to the field, that it's pretty cool to actually talk to them and slam back a few beers and get to know them.

Was also good to talk to some higher division guys, getting advice and tips from them. There was alot of beer slammed back on friday night. Was awesome seeing everyone having a good time and having fun.

Blair
#3 South Side Trojans

Comment Posted by lmitchnik Aug 21, 2006 04:50 AM

Darryl,

The QB challenge winner was Todd Stenzel from Bondiddy Bengals.

Les

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com