Forums » General » ATTN WTFL PLAYERS

Messages for ATTN WTFL PLAYERS

Comment Posted by trhoden Aug 29, 2006 04:06 AM

Hello All,

I just wanted to put up this post for to perhaps answer some questions players my have or teams may ponder. Over the last month I have seen a lot of complaints on the forum regarding time of games scheding etc...

Yes this year has been a little hectic with the huge increase of teams. However this does not mean this is what you can expect in the following years to come. Do to the fact it is very hard to make large league changes during the course of a season that does not mean it will not be rectified for the following season. Keep in mind the executive do see the problems the come up during the season and do the best we can to fix them. However not all problems can be solved.

I can personally tell you that come next year we will better prepare to accommodate such a large league to the best of our abilities. These may mean starting the season earlier to avoid the end of Aug 2 game time slots. I am always on the look out for people looking to ref. I have had some volunteers but could not commit to a full season but will be prepared to help next season. Also keep in mind that this league is not owned by one person this league belongs to all of us!! That means at the AGM that is held at the end of the year we are always interested and what the players have to say to help better this great league of ours.

So to keep a long post some what short please do not lose sight that this is a very strong league with many dedicated members working as hard as they can so that each and every player not matter what div the play in can look back at the year and think to them selves man I had fun!! I can not wait until next year. This ladies and gentleman is why we play this game because we love it and it is the best damn game out there!

Todd Rhoden
P.S. Don't forget the best part of football is almost where PLAYOFFS where it is a whole new season!!!

Comment Posted by spider Aug 29, 2006 05:12 AM

Great post Todd! Glad to hear the exec's are workin!
You guys don't hear it enough.

Thanks!

Comment Posted by Crawdad Aug 29, 2006 05:36 AM

It is a great league to play in and the refs do a great job all in all. Many of the exec bust there buts to make things work. However, maybe an actual cap on the number of teams in the league might make it easier to manage and ref. With a preference with teams who have been in longer before adding new teams.

Constant posts have been made about a ref shortage and refs doing a tonne of games. If there are too many games for them to manage maybe even cutting back the number of teams may also be in order.

Just my opinion. I will be at the AGM if at all possible.

Brian
Chargers

Comment Posted by rey Aug 29, 2006 08:54 AM

"it is the best damn game out there!"

well, except for basketball....

and maybe hockey.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com