Forums » General » Gong Show League

Messages for Gong Show League

Comment Posted by Alzies Sep 15, 2006 11:30 AM

In a game for first place in the second division this league
could only provide two refs, say what you want
about there being a better calibre first division then the U but I choose that league any day. Let me tell you all about the gong show that was this game. First off there was forward pass that almost went the distance (and it was clearly forward) but what ever only two refs. Then the comedy act continued, a player on my team was flagged for uttering threast, this flag came not from the ref that was standing 5 feet away but from one that was clearly 40 yards. Later in the game on a great interception by rey we proceeded to advanced the ball out of the endzone when one of the blazers (Cliff I think, might be wrong here) tried tp make a tag and pushed his on teammate out of the way. This teammate went out of control and ran into me as I was catching the pitch, totally out of control. Was there a flag you may ask, nope. This only started the biggest whinner Franklin to come off the field at halftime and threaten me (man was scared), once again was there a flag, NOPE. On a couple of plays there was some handwork between gavin and myself, one could of been clled offensive interfernce, did I whine complain, nope part of the game. The gong show continued when the three minute warning was called and the blazers offered to down the game, I said no we want to play as I am a captain, only to be told by the ref that he doesn't want to hear from me, wow how professional. Then after the game, I told the ref that is was gay they way he talked to me, only to get flagged again. The morale of the story folk, don't be agreesive and never join us on the DOGGS cuz then you are public enemy number 1.

Comment Posted by Grizzled Old Vet Sep 15, 2006 11:41 AM

You fit in well in the U. U can't spell either, just like their president......

Comment Posted by marcus Sep 15, 2006 12:06 PM

Al, you're the gong show. You're usually good for an OC call per game regardless of how it's going. If you'd rather play in the U, I'm sure you won't be missed.

Comment Posted by avengers Sep 15, 2006 12:43 PM

Al, I have always said you were a good player, let your skills to the talkking. You become a distraction for yourself and your team when you let your temper come out.

Jon

Comment Posted by avengers Sep 15, 2006 12:46 PM

Sorry about the spelling, my text box no longer wraps around after the first sentence - once I get off a line I can't see my sentences anymore? Marcus do you have a fix?

Jon

Comment Posted by marcus Sep 15, 2006 12:56 PM

What browser are you using?

Comment Posted by avengers Sep 15, 2006 01:04 PM

Internet explorer. The text will wrap if I wait long enough - but I am very impatient! If I go back and correct a spelling mistake the text again disapears and I have to wait a few seconds again for the text to "re-wrap" itself.

Jon

Comment Posted by marcus Sep 15, 2006 02:31 PM

How much are you drinking? :)

Comment Posted by Crawdad Sep 15, 2006 04:47 PM

I have the same problem with it going on and on off the screen. Very annoying.

I use IE as well. And I have only been drinking since 4.

Comment Posted by el_p_68 Sep 15, 2006 06:05 PM

go firefox. works great.

Comment Posted by Token Sep 15, 2006 06:15 PM

In regards to the call made from the ref standing 40 yards away instead of 5... I was standing right next to Brad, and all we could hear was Wayne telling Cliff, and I quote, "I'm going to break your fuc*ing ankles." From that far away, what is he supposed to think? There had been talking between both sides up to that point, and we all knew the slightest bit of talking was going to get a flag (whether it was a joke or not).

In regards to the blatant forward pass... I caught the ball, turned 90 degrees and fired to Scott. it was close, but I maintain that it was at the most an even pass, which is legal, and was by no means blatantly forward. Besides, the way you were jumping in on me, that pitch was there all day.

As for the supposed PI on Gavin, maybe you should worry more abount that wide open 5 yard out you dropped on 3rd and short rather than some imaginary PI call on a jump ball that both you and Gaving had position on.

Mike

Comment Posted by jmack Sep 16, 2006 07:30 AM

Once again another forum post that becomes a bunch of ignorant comments shooting down other people.
Is not the real issue here that once again the league only had two referees at an important game?
Where are the comments about that instead of being ignorant and rude to people that have legitimate beefs. Al may be an intense player on the field, but a great guy off the field. People that would make these rude comments regarding spelling or the proper use of grammer, should grow up, and quit being asses of the field. It is there where a ture measure of what a man is.
As for gizzy old vet... (yes that was a typo on purpose) Even if the president from the "other league" does spell up to your high level, go read the forum there. You dont see nearly as many issues as there are in this league. I was speaking with someone from that league and there have been only two games all year. Yea all year that have had less that 3 refs. Never one. Maybe we can learn something. I think that for each game that there are less than three referee's we should get some money back. (never mind those lovely 50 minutes games because of darkness)

Comment Posted by marcus Sep 16, 2006 09:40 AM

You will get money back for those missed reffing days. You have to be at the AGM to collect it though.

Comment Posted by marcus Sep 16, 2006 10:44 AM

ok IE guys, try it out now.

Comment Posted by Alzies Sep 16, 2006 01:32 PM

See Jon boy, I don't recall me losing my temper. I do recall you threatening me at halftime, I was in joking spirits with my teammates. If Scott got hurt I am sorry for that but I 100% guarantee that it was not done with intention, I do recall him being pushed and coming out of control into my legs, so if anything flag on him. I would of checked on him when it happened but you and CLiff were going off about how dirty I am, so I thought it was best to go to my bench.
I am falling behind in my old age marcus, I think I have only three OC with the Aztecs, maybe four. Now token, you seemed to miss the whole point with my comment about gavin, I was trying to show that I play the game agressive and don't mind the same. I am willing to play hand check down the field. That comment about the drop, ouch that hurt, it was hard to catch that wide open out, but it was hard to catch any ball with a bad wrist.
As for Vet, I have nothing for you, not worth it.
If I get tossed for the playoffs for simply stating it was gay the way Brad address me when I said we wanted to play the last three minutes of the game, well then I apologize to my teammates, but I am tired of the biased refs that seem to patrol the sidelines on the W.
That should be good for a few OC next year.

Good job marcus I can see my typing now

Comment Posted by Alzies Sep 16, 2006 01:36 PM

One more thing I am not sure who jmack or what is was smoking when he said I am great guy,but he must be the one who started my fanclub, keep on believing.

Comment Posted by mbender Sep 16, 2006 01:48 PM

forget ORANGE CRUSH - We'll Call ourselves the Objectional Conducts for now on!!

Thanks Al for the name change :)

Comment Posted by Alzies Sep 16, 2006 01:50 PM

With a name like that, I have to be on the team.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com