Forums » General » Nomads vs OC Semi Finals

Messages for Nomads vs OC Semi Finals

Comment Posted by mbender Oct 02, 2006 05:32 AM

Glen:

Can you muster one more game with that gimp arm of yours? :)

How long before Jon throws? 1st qtr? 2nd qtr? FIRST SERIES?? :)

I just might get a chance to retire you now glenny......

The OC eagerly awaits those punt throws :)

Comment Posted by mbender Oct 02, 2006 05:41 AM

we have 2 weeks to talk smack.... figured I'd start early :)

Comment Posted by mltaylor Oct 02, 2006 06:09 AM

Hope you can back up your smack talk. Clubber Lang for St. Vital's "Not so" Finest was talking smack all game - he couldn't back it up though. Lang, you said you were going to throw two TDs not two INTs. oops. You must get those confused.

Comment Posted by Crawdad Oct 02, 2006 06:13 AM

I pick Nomads...and mighty Glen's big arm to take 3rd. And he will do it scrambling and deeking everyone out with his mighty speed. Franklin will be just one of his mighty receivers the rest of the way.

Comment Posted by mbender Oct 02, 2006 06:22 AM

Mike,

just having some fun since I get to look forward to 2 weeks of rattling Glen's Bird Cage from now till our next game. Maybe now that roger is playing TOC with the OC we can interrogate him with bamboo under the fingernails to give up your secret offensive plays and Audibles.... wait I've see Glen throw.... everything goes to Brad :)

Congrats on knocking off the top seed.

PS Brian... Your crazy :)

JJ
OC QB#18

Comment Posted by Byatch Oct 02, 2006 08:31 AM

I do beleive that Lang did throw 2 td's as well.

St'V was not at our finest. Not even close. So don't blow your chance.

Put Jon in right from the start and give Brad a steady diet of pigskin.
Hopefully you can ride the Golden Horseshoe all the way to the Finals.

Good Luck

Thurston

P.S. Watch out for the Drillers. They're my pick to take it. Sorry OC.

Comment Posted by nomads Oct 02, 2006 06:33 PM

Just Show Up
Glen

Comment Posted by mbender Oct 03, 2006 06:57 AM

taking the high road eh? I like it!

See you on the field Mr.Dyck, just some advice though, Don't forget the Ben Gay for when that arm acts up :)

Comment Posted by Long Island Ice-T Oct 03, 2006 07:24 AM

Where's that Malone dude from St. V's? Pretty quiet now.

Vaughn

OC

Comment Posted by nomads Oct 03, 2006 06:49 PM

Marty: With your pin point accuracy and bullets I don't think our team should even show up.
Glen

Comment Posted by marcus Oct 03, 2006 07:42 PM

Both you guys choke in the playoffs. And I know what I'm talking about, I threw 8 Ints in my playoff game :)

Comment Posted by nomads Oct 03, 2006 07:56 PM

Well I hope he gags more than I do. However we have Jon in our corner.Who is their backup. Yikes!!!
Glen

Comment Posted by Long Island Ice-T Oct 04, 2006 02:22 AM

Backups??? I can't see Marty faking an injury to get out of this game.
Let's see where your ass is next game Mr. Dick.

Vaughn
OC #7

Comment Posted by mbender Oct 04, 2006 04:09 AM

Marcus : "I threw 8 Ints in my playoff game " Early in the season My OC receivers couldn't catch a cold our first game vs the Nomads and I got tagged for 6 deflections that turned into 6 picks against the Nomads (I threw 2 on my own to make it 8 in total, but we still won 26-6.... Go figure.

Glen : "Well I hope he gags more than I do" I won't even touch that one.

it'll be a good game regardless.

Comment Posted by ziggy75 Oct 05, 2006 10:35 AM

back-up we don't need a back up.but if the jello man gets hurt we'll be fine.

Comment Posted by mbender Oct 05, 2006 10:43 AM

who's going to be my back up? You zig?? if you are all I can say is Heaven Help us!! :)

Comment Posted by ziggy75 Oct 05, 2006 10:48 AM

i think it was in the above mentioned nomad's game where i started the opening drive and you came in to what....hmmmm....throw an INT....lol...

oh yeah it wasn't the opening drive.nomads had the ball first and i picked it for 6 (yeah that's right).

Comment Posted by mbender Oct 05, 2006 12:18 PM

I still can't figure out how you get that OC Jersey over your head sometimes.

Comment Posted by marcus Oct 05, 2006 02:23 PM

That's easy marty, he lent it to you and you stretched out the neck hole (like that seinfeld episode).

Comment Posted by malone14 Oct 06, 2006 07:25 AM

"Where's that Malone dude from St. V's? Pretty quiet now.
Vaughn
OC #7"

The point of this forearm is to take jabs and give props.

Sorry if you didn't like my earlier comments Vaughn #7 (LOL at how you sign your name everytime) It wasn't personal I think you guys have a good team, I just hate the OC lovefest on this forum sometimes.OC will forever be a div 3 team. Jackson already plays div 1 and 2 and you may have Vaughn #7 but without Jackson you should maybe consider div 4.

Good job too the Nomads, Glen is a smart QB who took what was there and Jon and their center (Brad-maybe)had great games. A good season doesn't make up for a playoff loss like that.

Comment Posted by mbender Oct 06, 2006 08:14 AM

"OC will forever be a div 3 team" , "you should maybe consider div 4." - Thomas your on Glue.

we shell shocked you 28 - 1 in the first half alone in the middle of the season then we were being mentioned with some of the better teams in the league. You guys pulled off a first place finish but were too busy fighting among yourselves to knock off the 8th seed?? seems that is something a less experienced and talented team would do so maybe you should consider the lower divisions.

Bottom line is that the OC has a great shot at playing in the finals on the 21st and it's too bad we can't beat your team one more time this year again but I would say we have to wait till next year but then again I hear you might not have a team next season and we'll be in Div 2 so we'll never know.

enjoy the winter.

Comment Posted by Long Island Ice-T Oct 06, 2006 08:26 AM

"The point of this FOREARM is to take jabs and give props."
Nuff said there.

"LOL at how you sign your name everytime"
Yes...I can see the humor in identifying one's self. Hilarious stuff.

"It wasn't personal I think you guys have a good team,"
I didn't take it personal and thanks for the compliment.

"... I just hate the OC lovefest on this forum sometimes."
Now we are getting to the root of it.

"Jackson already plays div 1 and 2 and you may have Vaughn #7 but without Jackson you should maybe consider div 4."
That Ziggy guy is pretty darn good too.

"Good job too the Nomads, Glen is a smart QB..."
They played us hard last game and we barely came out on top...we are expecting an even tougher battle this time around.

Vaughn
OC #7 <-- That was for you M. Join the LoveFest bro. :)

Comment Posted by malone14 Oct 06, 2006 08:47 AM

Marty you guys split with us this year that hardly equals shell shocked.
Check your sources when you make a comment like we won't have a team next year, we might make a few changes but you don't fold a team after a first place season.

Does this mean I can't play for the OC "plus" team??

Comment Posted by malone14 Oct 06, 2006 08:53 AM

"LOL at how you sign your name everytime"
"Yes...I can see the humor in identifying one's self. Hilarious stuff."

Great come back..
This is how I read it..

Yes..mmmm..I can see the...mmm...humor in...mmmm...indentifying one's self.

Dude you're a geek, better luck in the game this week than in putting me in my place.

Comment Posted by Long Island Ice-T Oct 06, 2006 09:00 AM

Struck a nerve I guess.

Who are you again?

Bundle up...it's supposed to be a colder than normal winter.

Comment Posted by mbender Oct 06, 2006 09:11 AM

Regarding the plus team Sorry we already have one of "St. Vital's finest" playing OC Plus Ball and he was definitely our top defensive player for us in Regina so we will have to turn you aside. He's making his Winnipeg Debut in a OC jersey tomorrow as he is playing TOC with us now also, One St. Vital Finest is enough for us thanks ;)

98% sure he will be an OC player next season anyways in div 2.

From what i hear if you don't fold, that team will not be the same as it was when the season ended as more than a few guys are moving on but what do I know....

regardless enjoy the offseason and maybe we'll see you at indoors.

Comment Posted by malone14 Oct 06, 2006 09:36 AM

"Does this mean I can't play for the OC "plus" team"

This was a joke...get it?? hint= it wasn't a real request

Comment Posted by mbender Oct 06, 2006 09:39 AM

oh my bad Thomas, here I thought you were just trying to be apart of that OC lovefest you were talking about previously..... (insert sarcastic roll of eyes)

of course I knew you were kidding.

Comment Posted by malone14 Oct 06, 2006 09:40 AM

"Who are you again?"

What does that even mean--this is some highschool shit and
Who are you?? oh i forgot the amazing Vaughn numba seven

Anyway buddy I'll introduce myself next time we play eachother.

Comment Posted by Byatch Oct 06, 2006 11:57 AM

There you go again Marty.

Stealing another one of my players(Dopewell). I'm not your talent scout!!

I beleive that if it wasn't for me, there might not even be an OC. I was the architect when it all started indoor a few seasons ago. I was taking the few original members(Jay/Spoon/Norm) for my team and then the "Jiggler" shows up and ruins everything. Nice guy.

I hope Omar isn't too upset with Ferand taking some reps. He's a good guy.

Hope those rooks you picked up can adjust to Bender Ball.j/k

Good luck this weekend.

Thurston
#8 Hurricanes(Nomad at Heart)

P.S. "Jiggler" was my creation as well. You take everything!!

Comment Posted by nomads Oct 06, 2006 05:06 PM

Marty: If I had your receivers we would be undefeated. My receivers suck. If it wasn't for my perfect spirals my receivers would be playing in 6th division including Brad who always seems to fall down even when the ball is thrown at his chest.
Glen

Comment Posted by mbender Oct 07, 2006 08:31 AM

Casper: I guess you could say you were the architect who did help start create The "OC" - "Orange Crush" was a 4th division team that went over a change over of teammates and If you didn't introduce me to Norm, Spoon, Jay and Ade, Vaughn and I wouldn't of joined. Throw in Phil, Kirklin and Ron who joined up right after and I would say you did get the ball rollin - but remember you had a chance to join too but you decided not too :) Ferand is a keeper, he caught 6 passes alone this afternoon - Guess he isn't just a dominating rusher also.

Glen: I totally know your being sarcastic, hopefully your entire receiving core knows that too! FYI one of your receivers just caught a TD for me this afternoon and represented the Nomads and Dogg Pound very well. We defeated a Team from Saskatoon 44-8 (by the way Brett) JJ RAN IN FOR A TD ALSO - RB got 4 scores also :)

Comment Posted by Grizzled Old Vet Oct 15, 2006 03:11 PM

So, let's get this one going again. I hear there are some "burnt by DYCK" Tshirts out there now.......

Comment Posted by nomads Oct 15, 2006 05:10 PM

Reverse Psychology works again.
Glen

Comment Posted by malone14 Oct 15, 2006 07:48 PM

Are the OC still going to division 2?

Comment Posted by Norm Oct 16, 2006 03:01 AM

You Bet

Comment Posted by Long Island Ice-T Oct 16, 2006 06:21 AM

Great game Glen and the rest of the Nomads.

Vaughn

Comment Posted by mbender Oct 16, 2006 06:52 AM

Glen: It was a tough pill to swallow getting knocked out in the semi finals but you definitely played an excellent game, you ran when you had too and you made some great throws. Congratulations and like i said, go win that final.

Nomads: I'm glad to see that a team that has been as good as you guys have been for years is back in the finals, I know it you had a rough start to the season but like the veteran team you are you guys are playing your best when it counts.

Comment Posted by Byatch Oct 16, 2006 08:44 AM

I hear that the OC and StV's fineat are putting in a super team.

Is this true?

OC's Finest?

Comment Posted by nomads Oct 16, 2006 10:47 AM

Thanks Marty
Glen

Comment Posted by nomads Oct 16, 2006 07:06 PM

Thanks Vaughn
Glen

Comment Posted by rey Oct 17, 2006 05:52 PM

Thanks Glen
Rey

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com