Forums » General » TOC Final Results

Messages for TOC Final Results

Comment Posted by nomads Oct 09, 2006 07:00 PM

It's 12 Midnight October 10th and the Mickey Mouse operation running the TOC can't post who won each division, and give a synopsis. Now we know why touch football can't get the media attention it deserves.
Glen

Comment Posted by lucdog101 Oct 09, 2006 07:11 PM

Congrats Ass-men on an unbelievable performance this weekend!

Comment Posted by Byatch Oct 09, 2006 07:36 PM

They have better things to do Glen.

Like celebrating it's huge success. Those who were a part of the event know what happened. Obviously you weren't involved so you'll just have to wait.

Winnipeg represented very well.

Thirsty

Comment Posted by nomads Oct 10, 2006 05:44 AM

Thirsty: I was part of the event. The last time I checked, the fans of a sporting event are involved. Do the Bombers,Moose and Goldeyes just keep information to themselves or do they give it to the fans.
Glen

Comment Posted by snapper30 Oct 10, 2006 07:34 AM

Many thanks to Cliff and the volunteers who made TOC a reality
for many of the Peg teams who might never get the opportunity to experience this event in our own backyard otherwise. Another big thanks to all the refs that sacrificed their time to ref all the games that happened this weekend. Our first tourney and the Woodys had a great time!!! Unfortunately we lost in the finals to the Regina Warriors by 4pts.(REC div)It was a great battle by both teams. I would like to congratulate my teamates for a great effort on both
sides of the ball. Congrats to the Winnipeg teams that made it to the div finals: Assassins,Eagles,OC,Doggs, Winnipeg was well represented!!

Joey
Woodys

Comment Posted by mbender Oct 10, 2006 08:02 AM

After witnessing both Regina this year first hand and now the TOC I'd like to say that I would hope that nobody ever complains about winnipeg referee's either in this league or the other one ever again. The guys on the OC probably have a lot more respect for the WPG zebras after the 3 guys that we had to deal with out at Tec Voc on Saturday/Sunday. I don't know where they are from but they can go back :) The 3 referee's we had for our finals game were extremely good though, definitely top notch. Especially since they had to deal with both benches coming onto the field at one point during a heated trash talked filled game that saw a couple guys ejected. on a side note That rule about not touching the QB's arm thing still stinks though, it's a pretty lame rule.

Thanks again to the volunteers involved for making it a good tournament.

Comment Posted by Norm Oct 10, 2006 08:23 AM

You did leave one important detail out, Time Outs dont stop the clock :)

Comment Posted by mbender Oct 10, 2006 08:39 AM

just so nobody thinks I'm hating on referees or bitching un-necessarly but here is then worst of the scenarios and boy is it dumb: With 3:49 left in the game, OC down by 8 and after our opponent just finishes there convert and is walking back to midfield I call for a time out so we can save a few seconds off the clock as they are in no hurry to kick the ball. The referee tells me we can burn the time out but it's pointless because it will not stop the clock and why not wait 40 seconds for the 3 minute warning?? he actually tells us what is the point. He then goes on to explain it doesn't stop the clock till after the 3 minute warning - like WTF?? he is obviously confused but then the guy argued with our bench for 2 or 3 minutes and finally after all 3 brainiacs confirmed they re adjusted the clock, but between that and about 15 missed sacks (no exhaggeration in 2 games, Poor Omar... and my receivers getting raped every other series by the same 3 referee crew it was tough to handle. At least that team from Montreal (Circus Freaks) was a super friendly and classy bunch, not to mention very talented.

never again will I complain about ANY ref.... ok that's BS and everyone knows it but we still had a good time seeing all those great teams.

Comment Posted by gavin Oct 10, 2006 10:12 AM

Congrats to the Assassins on their best finish in team history (to my knowledge). You guys looked pretty amazing in that Spartins game, especially that blazing Shea TD run!

Way to go!

Gavin

Comment Posted by theprez Oct 10, 2006 11:30 AM

http://torontorockets.com/010~Welcome/2006TOC-MRESULTS.pdf

http://torontorockets.com/010~Welcome/2006TOC-WRESULTS.pdf

Most scores are here but not the finals yet. things will be updated asap.

Comment Posted by Crawdad Oct 11, 2006 04:29 AM

Did my guys ever get around to entering a team? I haven't heard from them since the No D game?

Brian
Chargers

Comment Posted by mbender Oct 11, 2006 04:54 AM

Brian,

Mr. Bartel entered a team called "Go Jet's Go" which played intermediate, they went 1 and 2 in the round robin (defeating a team from Regina called the Sharks 13-12) they played tough against a team from ottawa called the GT Tigers (being down by 21 to almost pull off the comeback - losing 28-21) They played against the Winnipeg Hurricanes (outsiders and Hurricanes) losing 23-12 and from what I understand they lost quite a few guys due to injury. They met up with the OC Plus team in the semi finals of the "B" Division (No Chad or Rick) where they were defeated as they had a very small roster (7 players). The only guys I saw from the Chargers were Chad, Rick, Ian, Billy.

Comment Posted by Crawdad Oct 11, 2006 06:46 AM

Did they all play on the same team???

Comment Posted by mbender Oct 11, 2006 07:03 AM

yeah they all played together, I think the team was made up of some Chargers/Aints/ and some Drunk and disorderly players from New team (Billy's gf or sister even played). I guess Chad/Rick got hurt on Saturday and didn't play on the Monday.

Comment Posted by ross Oct 12, 2006 03:01 PM

Not to mention the goodfellas, and who was that guy in the yellow pants, he's a really good football player. if anything i added color to the team!!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com