Forums » General » WTFL H.O.F

Messages for WTFL H.O.F

Comment Posted by mbender Oct 13, 2006 06:26 AM

Hey Mr. Mazur,

Once the bell chimes 1 PM and Glen's Nomads are defeated this weekend thanks to the OC, my question is: "Does Glen have to wait the 10+ years to be inducted into the Winnipeg Touch football Hall of Fame" or can we just for go that for this special individual and place him and his monkeys in the hall right away??

He's retiring anyways..... 2 more days and it's an end of an era (insert tear here :)

See you sunday Mr. Becker

Comment Posted by nomads Oct 13, 2006 08:46 PM

YUP

Comment Posted by spider Oct 14, 2006 04:05 AM

Glen "I have a big" Dyck is one of the nicest WTFL Heroes the league has ever had the pleasure of having as a member. As a true leader, Glen has appeared on numerous teams, of which many have competed for the divisional championship for most of the years he has played.

Blessed with those youthful good looks, an always smiling face, and a "Denace the Menace," type haido,Glen is always in good spirits, and always has a "witty" comment to make.

Did you know that Glen, "I have a big" Dyck along with his then teammmate Rob Truthwaite, invented and distribued a WTFL Board Game. I still have a couple of copies. These collector's items are now worth $100.00. Theyw re given to each leaguemember to sell, for $10.00, and the league raised a few thousand ucks way back in the 1980s!!!

Recently, an old teammate of mine, gave me a couple of his stock, that appaently had not sold. It is proudly displayed in my officde closet on the top shelf, under my "ex's" fitness instructor manuals.

Thank God for Mr.Bender and Mr.Dyck as well as our other regular touch football Forum "posters" What a crappy day it would be if we/I did not have something to read about, for our favourite sport football,specifically Touch Football, where us "passing game fanatic," get our daily fill.

Yes I know the running game is the bread and butter of American football, but come on, really, the passing game is so much more exciting.

So speaking of which, our inauural "Hall of Fame?" inductee, Mr. Glen "Iv'e got a big" Dyck, certainly fits into that category. He came up with the forward underhand "shovel pass" before anyone has even seen it, before on TV....

er...wait a minute, that is his normal downfield throwing motion!!!:)

Amazingly, at the age of 35, Glen "I've got a big" Dyck is retiring??? Hmmmm! I don't believe it. He has outlasted the Krahns, the Urchenkos, the Truthwaites, Kevin???? who else was there on the Bandits??? It's OK..... I have them on BETA from the old WTFL Game of the WEEK, when we broadcast games every two weeks from Vincent Massey (Garry Hobson)

What's that new website thingy where you can post videos. I should get one set up for the WTFL and put on those old games. "Mazur Classics." We could see and hear WTFL legends, Paul Smith, John Horn, Fred Robertson, and others, broadcast the games and see the young Ronnie "stompin" Allen and a young long haired Tim Shea, and of course the inaugural WTFL Hall of Fame inductee,Glen,"I've got a big" Dyck, who through no word of a lie, looks exactly the same.

He's an Alien!

In any event, MR Glen IHABD, Iwll seeyou upin the PlayersLoungeat the next Bomber game, and you can buy me a beer!

Nice idea to honour the old fart Marty!

Comment Posted by nomads Oct 14, 2006 07:47 PM

Ahhhh those were the good old days.
By the way how do you know IHABD.
Are you watching my throwing motion or something else?

Glen

Comment Posted by spider Oct 15, 2006 06:08 AM

RRRRRRR

Big Guy!!!

Your Throwing motion????

It's your footwork. Dancin Gabe has nothin on you!

It's your limp!!(not the....)

I mean swagger!It's your swagger!

ahem! cough, guffaw (Whatis a guffaw!??):)

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com