Forums » General » Who won???

Messages for Who won???

Comment Posted by Crawdad Oct 21, 2006 01:59 PM

Just wondering on how well teams did today? How many wins did Franklin get?

Fill us (little ones who didn't make the finals) in.

Brian
Chargers.

Comment Posted by trhoden Oct 21, 2006 02:22 PM

Well here is the short update. The full verison will come tomorrow.

Morningwood def el picitos

Aztecs def Blazers

Bosos def Warriors

Assassins def Avengers

Chargers def Flash

No D def Nomads

Drillers def Red Fire

What a killer day!!

Todd

Comment Posted by spider Oct 22, 2006 11:50 AM

Who's got the dirt?

What happened in the girls game? Did Sonia extract revenge on her ex-teammates?
How did No D defeat the living Legend? (Glen igab Dyck)
Who are the BOSOS and how did they defeat a great named team the"Weekend Warriors?"
Drillers defeated Red Fire? Drillers - Indoor team? Did Indoor help?
Man was it cold out there?

Todd what's up?

It's half time on Sunday, show us alittle love

Comment Posted by trhoden Oct 22, 2006 01:03 PM

OK here is the dirt... That I witnessed

Game one Mike Piecuch put his skills to work on the el picitos (man I can not spell that team name). Mike not only had a great game at QB but was a hawk on defense. He was an over the field. There was not much that could be mustard on offence for the picitos the defense was too much after intercepting the ball around 5-6 times. I guess this game was the best way for Mike to remember Winnipeg and all the good times he has had now that he will be leaving us in May.

Game two a battle of the div two top two. Well this was a great game to play in. First started with the Aztecs going up by 16 points only to let the Blazers work they way back in to the game to cut the lead to 2 at half time. I should have been 8 but Rey decided that he is only a part time offensive player and wanted to leave the stats to Wayne hahaha.... The second have was a long third quarter of back and forth interceptions by Mike Piecuch and Al Desaulniers. Not to mention a crazy 60 yard dash by Mike Brownridge only to be two tired after and give the ball back to Mike P. Aztecs would eventually capitalize and put the score back to 16 only to once again have the Blazers come back and reduce the score to 8. It all came down to one last drive with 3 minutes left where the Blazers drove the ball down to the Aztecs 40 yard line where on third down Wayne who else Jackson came through with the winning interception to put and end to the Blazers and lead the Aztecs to there first title in there rookie season.

Game three...

Avengers versus Assassins. Well you here stories of elite game where there is no such thing as defense only offence that score every drive and get the convert. Well the first half of this game was exactly that. Every team capitalized on all of there drives along with getting there converts (except the assassins last convert). So the score at half time was assassins up by 6 with the Avengers to receive the ball. I wish I could continue and say that the patterned continued but it did not. Assassins would gear down taken the game away from the Avengers and continuing to the once again title rein in div 1. All I can say am I doing believe this could be one hell of a new rivalry.

Game four...

Nomads versus No D. When can Glen go out with a bang? After the first quarter I really thought that was going to be the case. Glen would throw deep and deeper hitting deferent recovers left right and center. Make No D look like there name. However No D would not let that bother them they would fight back in the 2nd quarter with the deep arm of Martin Windus and tie the game up at 12. Going into the 3rd Nomads would start to tire and begin to make mistakes. No D would score and then score again with an interception for a TD in the end of the 3rd. So with the game in the balance the Nomads would turn to Jon Franklin to come through in the end however, it was a decision made to late while No D would hold onto the ball long enough to make sure Jon could not get more the one score in. Making No D the div 3 champs with and impressive second half win showing they will be a team that will make some notice in the future.

Well as for the other game some one is going to have to help me out I am only one person and can not see two fields so please let us know. All I can say though is that it was a day filled with the best teams in Winnipeg best talent in Winnipeg and the most heart I have seen from everyone in a long time. Thank you for letting me is a part and I can not wait until next season.

Todd Rhoden
Avenger
Aztecs
Your favorite ref!

Comment Posted by Mark Oct 22, 2006 05:13 PM

I reffed on the other field and saw the first two games there.

Game one was the new team final between Six against the Steelers. This game showed how defensives build championship teams. Both teams had at least 6 interceptions and the rushers were the real stars getting several sacks and at key times. Six got on the board in the late first or early second quarter. Both defenses held the other team off until the forth when Six managed to put in a second TD and hold on to their lead.

Game two was the division 5 final and fittingly it was the #1 and #2 ranked teams that made it. Again these teams showed why defensives win championships with both finishing the regular season as the top two for least points allowed. The game followed suit. The Bosos jumped out to a 7 point lead early but then stalled in the red zone with the warriors picking up two end-zone interceptions. In the second half the Warriors actually began to win the battle of field position and had the Bosos lining up on their own goal line a few times until the Bosos finally moved it down and pinned the Warrior deep. With time running out an errant snap was tagged in the Warriors end zone giving up the safety and giving the Bosos a 9 point lead with less then 3 minutes remaining.

Both were hard fought games and definatly can't wait till next year.
Mark

Comment Posted by rey Oct 23, 2006 06:58 PM

"should have been 8 but Rey decided that he is only a part time offensive player and wanted to leave the stats to Wayne hahaha."

Actually, you will find that I am one of the most empathetic football players in the league, and was just torn to pieces over scott's mishandling of a ball earlier in the half. Not wanting to let him or anyone feel badly over such a simple thing, and letting my experience show, I decided that a dropped touchdown pass would put everyone in a serious football mindset for the second half. Wayne, you will recall, also thought it was a good idea to let everyone know that anyone can drop the odd ball and provided our opponents with a bit of (shortlived) encouragement in the second half (was that goose shit all over the field or was that kryptonite?).
I have on more than one occasion been known to avoid the end zone in an effort to get others involved in the game by helping them with improving their statistical performance. For instance, on the final play of the game, I decided it was best to let Wayne intercept the ball instead of me, otherwise my three pics may have swayed the judges decision regarding game MVP. I also felt that it was not in the Aztec's best interest to try to outfight Mr. Jackson for the ball, unlike some of the members of my team.

But yeah, that was a pretty bad drop....

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com