Forums » General » New Team

Messages for New Team

Comment Posted by JC Nov 20, 2006 01:29 PM

Hey guys, just wondering if you could give me a few tips about making a team. I already have 10 members I'm just not sure what to do next.

Comment Posted by ging11 Nov 20, 2006 02:28 PM

Go and get as many upper division players as you can then go and register in as many divisions as possible. This should do for now. Right Spido?

Or better yet, check the league home page and that should guide you in the right direction. If you still have questions, Marcus can help you the rest of the way.

Comment Posted by spider Nov 20, 2006 03:18 PM

ginger, ginger, ginger....(sigh) Your second paragraph is write on! :)

Comment Posted by marcus Nov 20, 2006 08:31 PM

click on the "Tips" menu item. You should find some information here.

Comment Posted by Nolby Mar 22, 2007 01:28 PM

Hey guys,this is my first post on this site and I am looking for help.We have a crew of 11 guys ready to play some football,my question is,we are looking at getting some jerseys or soccer shirts,what is recommended for use?,do we need our name and a number on our jersey?how are division 4 or 5 for starters?thanks alot.

Comment Posted by avengers Mar 22, 2007 02:07 PM

Div 4 is intermediate with touch football experience. I would recommend if you are a new team to perhaps look at division 5 or 6 - no sense getting over your head early. If you think you have some athletes and are pretty competitive then perhaps div 4 is a good starting point. However, remember that in touch athletisim is a nice asset, but experience is just as valuable (if not more).

Jerseys with numbers is the best way to go, names are not a requirement.

Jon

Comment Posted by Nolby Mar 22, 2007 03:01 PM

Thanks,one more question,does it have to be a jersey or can they all be a t-shirt(the exact same t-shirt for everyone)thanks again.

Comment Posted by nomads Mar 22, 2007 07:03 PM

Jc And Nolby: As a veteran of 25 years in this league, you couldn't have made a better choice. Our league is first class with an executive that is first class.
Glen
Nomads 3rd Division

Comment Posted by marc Mar 22, 2007 07:24 PM

Nolby, the most important thing is that they are similar in colour. They can be t-shirts, but most teams have something that resembles a jersey. You don't need names or numbers on them, but having numbers makes the stats tracking a lot easier for the officials so I recommend that.

Home Run Sports (a league sponsor every year) can hook you up with jerseys, click on the sponsors page for more information.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com