Forums » General » Give us your feed back

Messages for Give us your feed back

Comment Posted by trhoden Jan 29, 2007 07:35 PM

Hello Everyone,

With the 2007 season approaching there is still much to be decided and seeing that we are in the process of fixing some of the problem we have had in the past I wanted to get some of the members feed back on a couple of subjects.

First of all is the ever demanding field situation. What did everyone think of the Little Mountain project? I have heard mixed revues to date but most of them leading to positive. Some of the concerns were the lack of water on the field preventing it from leveling out along with softening out. What does everyone think of out city field i.e. Charring Cross, George McDowell, and Optimist etc? Where would you rather see us play this up coming season???

We do have plans that could work out for Little Mountain where fields would be water and maintained on a regular basis. It does come with a cost of course do you guys think it would be worth playing 90% of your games there if it is maintained better. Would that be better then a dirt field like Charring cross with short end zones or a pothole field like George McDowell??

How can we get more refs for the up coming season?? Anybody interested?? It is good pay and we have also decided that we are no longer going to tolerate abuse of referees. Not that we should have in the first place but that is beside the point. If anyone is interested please contact me and we can talk further. Remember it is your league and with out your support we can only go so far.

Have you heard about the new rule changes that were voted in at the AGM?? There are a couple good one like no more asking what time out carries over because they will all be 1 minute. A rusher is not allowed to contact the arm of a QB while in the throwing motion or it will be a penalty. Head tags will be 15 yards or nothing on the judgment of the referee.

Have you heard we have a new executive with some new faces? The executive will look like this for the 2007 season Todd Rhoden Prez, Darrell Mazur Vice Prez, Brian Crawford Communications, Wendy Shupenia Women’s Coordinator, Scott McAurthur Fields Coordinator, Jon Franklin Scheduler, Adam Lozchuk Web Master, Wayne Harmon Secretary, Raj Brar Treasurer. Wow lots of new faces will be a good way to get new ideas into the league.

Do you feel like you are really out of the loop yet? Don't worry that is going to change. We are going to start a WTFL news letter that will keep all members up to date on all the important up coming dates, any news, changes or events scheduled in the WTFL. So keep tuned to the forum and keep us up dated on what you would like to see. We all play in the WTFL so let’s make our years playing memorable.

Todd Rhoden
Prez
Avenger
Ref

Comment Posted by mbender Jan 30, 2007 02:21 AM

I will not be refereeing that much. Did 80 last year, probably will do less then a 1/3 of that this year.

New Rules seem fine.

My suggestion for fields are - Little mountain was fine but when the field is as dry as a corn broom we have problems get the guy to water them, those baseball fields seem alright so he has the means to do it.

Regarding the talking back to referee's, I think more suspensions are needed to be given out, at the very least more 5 minute warnings. I had a few guys come up to me and ask why I take the verbal abuse from some guys that I do when I ref and I didn't really have a good answer for them and I think too many referee's were verbal punching bags, if anything you need more support for the zebras.

the only thing that i found concerning was that the schedule was a bit questionable regarding some teams had preference on times they played (late sunday night every game) but that is a dead horse now so I am sure this year things will be alot more even out.

Looking forward to playing in the "new" WTFL

JJ

Comment Posted by Long Island Ice-T Feb 02, 2007 02:06 AM

I thought Little Mountain was fine. Nice fields with Big End Zones and no goal posts to juke. It just needs to be watered regularly a la Regina and things will be fine there. It's a helluva lot better than Charring Cross and GD IMHO.

Comment Posted by Kip Feb 04, 2007 01:10 AM

The only note that I would like to make is that Charing Cross was the only field in the south end that we played at. Every other field that we played at, was at least a twenty minute drive and was sometimes up to 45 mins. I know it's hard and more expensive but Maple Grove has the best fields to play on and there are multiple fields to play on.

Comment Posted by spider Feb 04, 2007 05:25 AM

Kip that point was brought up and we will be playing in almost all areas of the city.

Excellent point!

Comment Posted by Crawdad Feb 04, 2007 08:25 AM

Us Portage guys drive at least 45 min no matter where in the city we play. Some times over an hour. Little mountain is a good option. Perimeter driving and the fields are improving.

Maple Grove is a lot more expensive and hard to book.

Comment Posted by nomads Feb 06, 2007 06:36 PM

What a bunch of dopes. Get the CanadaInns Stadium. Get rid of these cheap skate teams and have an all stadium league. Let the cheap skates play on Broadway in the median.
Glen

Comment Posted by Long Island Ice-T Feb 07, 2007 02:22 AM

An All Stadium League would rule and stuff.

Comment Posted by spider Feb 07, 2007 04:45 AM

I told ya so.

Lets do it.

$1800.00 registration fee for the Golden Elite Div! Contact D. Mazur to register. I am in for reffing there every game!!!Anyone else? Hooters after! Turf rules!

Comment Posted by Long Island Ice-T Feb 07, 2007 06:02 AM

I think we could get a "stadium division" at the very least.

I'm in.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com