Forums » General » Elite Division Classification Confusing Registration.

Messages for Elite Division Classification Confusing Registration.

Comment Posted by mel Apr 07, 2007 07:23 PM

Why the change of Div 1 to Elite Division. Obviously everyone knew that Div 1 was elite. Now people are scared to register in Div 2 and Div 3 when in reality Div 2 is stii Div 3 AND Div 3 is still actually Div 4,and so on.If one pretends that Elite is still Div 1, the rule of thumb should be that if a team wants to be in the same Div as last year that team should register one division higher. I feel that by our team registering my in in Div 3, we are still in the fourth division,and nothing has changed as far as moving up.If a team really wants to move up to a higher Div that team should actually be moving up two divisions.

Comment Posted by Crawdad Apr 08, 2007 05:17 AM

Let me try and clarify this. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Div 2 is still div 2.
Div 3 is still div 3.
Div 4 is still div 4.

Really nothing has changed there. The point of recreating Elite was so that those 4 teams would play each other a little more often to give the Div 1 teams a little leway and encourage teams to move up with the thought they wouldn't have to play the Elite teams that often.

So if you belonged in Div 4 last year and were competetive there and didn't win it or demolish teams the Div 4 is probably where you belong this year.

Teams that are thinking of moving up or down should do so based on how they preformed last year for the most part. So if you were middle of the pack in Div 4 last year it would probably be smart to play there again this year.

so by registering in Div 3 you really are moving up and will be playing again teams with a little more experience and many teams that played Div 3 last year.

Make sense?? I hope so.

Brian

Comment Posted by mel Apr 08, 2007 07:05 AM

Basically your saying that not all of the teams in Div 1 from last year automatically become members of the newly created Elite Division. So what we have here is the cream of the crop teams in Div 1 from last year have been promoted to Elite while the weaker teams remain Div 1 teams. Thanks for clarifying the executive's rationale on this matter. It all makes sense. However I forsee a potential problem with lack of registration in Div 1 and Div 2 with most teams opting to register in the lower Divisions. Thanks Brian for your excellent communication on this matter.

Comment Posted by Crawdad Apr 08, 2007 08:43 AM

You are understanding very well. A number of teams have yet to register from the upper divisions. There is still a couple of weeks left before the deadline and may see some of them register at the last minute.

Brian

Comment Posted by spider Apr 08, 2007 09:16 AM

That's a great explanation and that was a great question.

But Mel, I am a little confused about the statement, "cream of the crop teams in Div 1 from last year have been promoted to Elite."

That seems to be "not true." (Actually just the opposite???)We took the top of last year's Intermediate and the lower teams from Elite and created Div 1. The lower half of Intermediate has become Div 2.

I know it's "tomatoe" vs "Tomotow" but..

So we actually reduced Elite and placed them in Div 1.

However, the pre-season plan is for the div 1 teams to play a game against Elite. This was the same as last year, only the teams were in Elite B. This year the idea is that they will only play elite once, not a couple like last year.

Is that more clear(it is for me??)

Mel your point about not enough teams registering in Div 1 is noteable.....What are we going to do then???(if it stays relatively the same?)

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com