Forums » General » Recomendations please: where to buy Jerseys

Messages for Recomendations please: where to buy Jerseys

Comment Posted by bloomfield Apr 21, 2007 12:13 PM

What are some places to buy Jerseys? I would prefer somewhere that does stitched numbers. Home Run Sports is close, but I wanted to compare prices/product with at least one other place.

Regarding Home Run, do we still get the 10% discount?

Comment Posted by spider Apr 21, 2007 02:43 PM

Yup Home Run is the league sponsor.

Comment Posted by spider Apr 22, 2007 05:31 AM

Yup Home Run is the league sponsor.
If you want businesses to help out the league, you have to give them the business.

If you don't want to support the businesses that support the league then why would they want to continue to support the league.

We have a number of businesses that support the league, whose players play in the league. I would suggest you contact those companies and players and make your enquiries.

Ogo Okawanumba plays for SunParties and works at Home Run. I would suggest you ask for him. Tell them you are a WTFL member, and that the WTFL sent you over there.

Comment Posted by bloomfield Apr 22, 2007 05:45 AM

Does having a league sponsor mean suppressing open discussion about topics relevant to touch football teams in Winnipeg? I hate to say it but I saw a recommendation this morning for another vendor and it has already been deleted. I wonder if any other recommendations have been deleted. Is it part of the sponsorship arrangement that no other competing vendors be mentioned in the forums? If someone is taking topics for the AGM next December I would like this censorship to be added to the agenda.

I appreciate having league sponsors, and I do do business with Home Run, but please don't expect me to blindly make significant purchases with a company just because they are a league sponsor. Deleting recommendations for other vendors is detrimental to the teams that pay to play in this league.

Comment Posted by spider Apr 22, 2007 06:15 AM

I don't think you appreciate anything.

Exclussivity is part of some of the sponsorship arrangement. So Yes, deleting a competing business is appropriate. The so called "other vendors" do not contribute to this league,whereas the ones listed as sponsors do!!!! Common sense would suggest that League sponsors be the companies we do our busoness with (Is this hard to figure out)

You certainly have the right to purchase from whomever, however do so on your own website. Or call all the teams and take your own survey. Their numbers are listed under team reps under their logos.

However, to use the WTFL site to seek better deals than our sponsors is rather crass and ignorant. Further it is rather insulting to those who invest their time arranging the League relationships.

You can purchase from whom you choose. Just don't solicit offers on the league forum. It undermines those sponsors and the league

Do you apppreciate that?

Comment Posted by pfpicass Apr 22, 2007 06:41 AM

good point, overlooked that. sorry if i offended anyone.

Paul

Comment Posted by bloomfield Apr 22, 2007 07:08 AM

It is crass and ignorant to practice due diligence on a large purchase? It is crass and ignorant to use a relevant public forum provided for league members in a league in which I have been a paying member for ten years? Darrell, once again your diplomatic skills prove impressive.

To be honest, I do not recall from the financial statements how this exclusive arrangement kept our league fees lower, or made the fields better, or really anything other than the 10% discount. If it is there, feel free to remind my of the large financial benefit that this exclusivity has provided for the league.

From your response Darrell I appreciate that I have now been able to rule out Home Run as a vendor to consider without even seeing their products or prices. Clearly such actions suggest that they are unable to compete fairly in an open market based on service, product, and price. At least that is what you have implied. Thank you for clearing it up for me.

Once again, I would like to see this on the agenda for next year's AGM.

Comment Posted by rd33 Apr 22, 2007 10:20 AM

I'm sure Home Run will survive.

Comment Posted by CMatheson Apr 22, 2007 11:18 AM

I am sure if you want this information the books would be open to all members... all you have to do is show up at a meeting and ask.. you have that right.

Chris.

Comment Posted by spider Apr 22, 2007 02:05 PM

You got that right CM. One problem though....that member would actually have to attend one of those!!

Mr. Bloomfield, you are not worth further comment! Good-Bye!

Comment Posted by Nolby Apr 22, 2007 02:33 PM

What happends if we do not have our jerseys in by the day of our first game?

Comment Posted by avengers Apr 22, 2007 02:45 PM

If you don't have jerseys then make sure you all have the same color shirts to begin the season.

Jon

Comment Posted by Nolby May 03, 2007 03:55 PM

Is it going to cause a big problems with the refs since we wont have any numbers or anything?

Comment Posted by Mark May 03, 2007 05:25 PM

It is annoying when players don't have numbers. You could even use masking tape to make up numbers till you get actual jerseys. That would help a lot. But if you don't have numbers just realize your stats might not be entirely correct.

Comment Posted by Jyuen May 07, 2007 04:49 AM

On the one hand I understand the frustrations of some teams that may not want to dole out wads of cash for jerseys just because a Business is affiliated with the league. I can also understand the league not wanting other businesses posted on the forums. It's within their interests and rights to remove any information that may damage relations between them and their sponsors. That in mind, I too would like to know what else is out there in terms of places that do Jerseys. If you have any such information, please e-mail me jyuen@mts.net and don't post it on the forum boards.

Also the 10% discount does not apply to team jerseys at HR Sports (I checked). They have a Team rate for jerseys (which is pretty much the same as face value from their site)

Comment Posted by Nolby May 07, 2007 05:37 PM

We bought ours and homerun sports,kind of like a soccer shirt,with 8 inch numbers on the back cost only 25.99 per player.

Comment Posted by Byatch May 08, 2007 12:17 PM

The 10% discount doesn't apply to Jerseys because they send them away for numbering.
Dissapointing, but understandable.
I've been pondering the idea of making them myself.If anyone knows a good seamstress/tailor we could make some good coin putting jerseys together for the growing touch leagues.

Thurston

Comment Posted by Nolby May 08, 2007 01:29 PM

our team is going to look so POV for the first game without them,watch out for the white shirts!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com