Forums » General » Why haven't the refs put the scores up?

Messages for Why haven't the refs put the scores up?

Comment Posted by dubblezeero May 08, 2007 05:25 AM

Eh?

Comment Posted by Byatch May 08, 2007 12:18 PM

How about, no stats...no cheque?

Comment Posted by dubblezeero May 09, 2007 04:40 AM

Hey, after the season starts rolling and the refs are getting a little burnt out...I can understand if the scores aren't up for a few days...but the first day of the season??? and there were no games on sunday...Somebody send an email to those head refs to get the scores up....

Comment Posted by avengers May 09, 2007 06:35 AM

I have spoken to the league president regarding getting stats up and he will "impress" upon the refs the importance of getting the scores up in a more timely manner. Right Todd?

Jon

Comment Posted by freak1107 May 09, 2007 09:23 AM

Why does it take days for the scores to come up if u go to the UTFL they have the scores the next day I know people are busy and this takes time out of there day but it would be nice to see the score the following day i wanted to see who won the game between the Assassins and Sunparties game. Just my thought. Thanks Rob Freak# 11

Comment Posted by mbender May 09, 2007 09:28 AM

I can't predict the future but I think we might see someone named Rob getting a Darrell Mazur sarcastic tongue lashin.... :) I just saw the forbidden 4 letter acronym posted in the last message and if I know Mr. Mazur it's going to be a 6 paragraph response or will it be a 7 paragraph one??

Marty B
OC QB#18

Comment Posted by avengers May 09, 2007 09:53 AM

I have spoken to the league president regarding getting stats up and he will "impress" upon the refs the importance of getting the scores up in a more timely manner. Right Todd?

Jon

Comment Posted by avengers May 09, 2007 10:04 AM

Assassins won - not sure of the score but apparently alot to not much.

Jon

Comment Posted by spider May 09, 2007 02:05 PM

I have nothing to say. (Yeah it happens.)

Censorship rules.

Hey Marty we'll see how long they let this one last.

Comment Posted by ren22 May 09, 2007 04:34 PM

As a ref who has put the stats in a timely fashion of the 3 games I entered 1 teams roster was empty . Whats the hurry if all the teams don't have their roster done! The last time I checked we were paid to officiate the game . Entering stats is on our own time which is getting less and less as we have to do more games each year as we get fewer and fewer refs each year and more teams each year. Don't worry all games will get entered by the end of the season and the trophy for most whatever will go to someone else.

Reynald

Comment Posted by Long Island Ice-T May 09, 2007 05:12 PM

I think people want to see the scores of games ASAP. The breakdown of stats is not a huge concern IMO. I am wondering if it would be possible for the WTFL to setup some kind of phone message mailbox of some kind whereby a ref can simply phone in the score of a game after it's conclusion. At the end of the night, a volunteer (I'm raising my hand) can go through and record all the scores from the mailbox and throw them up on the site via the forum. Nuthin fancy...just get the scores up.

Comment Posted by beeks May 09, 2007 07:29 PM

I referree over 200 games per year. I go to my regular job; work 8 hours; go directly from work and ref for another 3 hours during the week. (MON-FRIDAY). Ref all day Sat and all day Sunday. Its a passion but I do not have time to enter in stats. I will say I make sure my game cards are given to the right people to enter in. Thanks Alot Ren and Jon. For Long Island Ice-T thanks. Please let me know and I can get you as many game cards I can. This league has grown so much over the past 3 years and sorry to say its just too much for the referrees that have taken too many games that they don't have a social life. Slaging the referrees on the forum does not solve the problem. Calling ALL Team captains,volunteers; anybody that wants their stats entered. STEP UP and this will not be a problem. Leave us to cover your games and give us a hand. We need it for entering YOUR stats. Its your league!!! This is just my opinion and I did not want to offend anyone. Thanks for listening. BK.

Comment Posted by sarge May 10, 2007 06:41 AM

if they need people to help enter stats and scores, they could delegate some of it to team captains. this could probably work for all as it would disperse the workload over a larger group. maybe this should be considered to give the Refs a break. they are already busting their asses doing a couple of games a night and full days on the weekends. To Brad, I'm sure that our team would help out. let us know what we gotta do.

Comment Posted by ging11 May 10, 2007 02:46 PM

If I can get access, I am more than willing to enter all of our gamecards the night after the game.

Adam
Six

Comment Posted by spider May 10, 2007 03:52 PM

Now we are cookin. Way to step up boys!

Comment Posted by beeks May 10, 2007 06:59 PM

Thanks for all your input. Its now time for the league executive to make a decision. As Spider said way to GO. BK. Oh by the way thanks to Mark Kumus as well!!!

Comment Posted by nomads May 10, 2007 06:59 PM

Every Year it's the same old story. How fn hard is it to type the scores. Get rid of these people and bring in the monkees. These dopes are obviously govt. people who haven't got a clue in the real world.
Glen

Comment Posted by beeks May 10, 2007 07:09 PM

First off Glen you are not Ha Ha funny and second Its THANKS to Mark Komus Referree/Player. Sorry about that!!BK

Comment Posted by el_p_68 May 11, 2007 05:43 AM

maybe team captains from each team enter their own team stats with winning team being responsible for the final score.

not sure how the site and table cross referencing works though.

Comment Posted by Mark May 11, 2007 06:47 AM

It would probably be easiest to have just one person (winning team, secondary ref, or volunteer) enter all the stats off the game card. There is only one game card so having two people enter stats would require the teams copying the card at the end of the game.

Entering the scores and stats is really easy. It takes me about 5 minutes to do a game card if I'm really distracted.

The only thing I can mention is some way to recollect the cards in case of a dispute. I would just suggest the winning team captain is responsible for returning the game card to a ref at their next game. The refs can then hold on to the cards if they are required. I don't think any teams would purposely enter or edit things in their favor (I'm sure the site logs edits) but just in case a mistake happened it would be nice to have the cards around.

And Brad as long as someone spells 3/5 letters in my name correct they're above average.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com