Forums » General » Jake Isaak

Messages for Jake Isaak

Comment Posted by silver fox May 11, 2007 10:26 AM

On behalf of the Eagles, I wanted to advise the league that former Eagle Jake Isaak passed away on Monday, May 7th and the funeral was today.

Jake was an integral part of our team since its inception in 1989. Those of you that do not remember him as a player might remember him as the guy who used to come out and watch and support us whenever he could.

He fought a long and courageous battle with Huntington's disease and is now at peace.

I thought those of you that rememeber him might want to know.

Jim

Comment Posted by dubblezeero May 11, 2007 11:37 AM

Jim,

please pass my condolences along to the family and friends of Jake. I have known him since the Eagles first came upon the WTFL (formerly at that time, WCTFL). I don't ever recall him passing by me without saying hi and having a short conversation. He will be missed I am sure.

Cliff Kitchen
Chargers/Blue Devils

Comment Posted by silver fox May 11, 2007 12:22 PM

Cliff,

Thank you and I will do that.

As I say he was an integral part of our team and a genuine nice guy. The Eagles miss him tremendously, and he loved the game of touch football.

Thanks again Cliff.

Jim

Comment Posted by Grizzled Old Vet May 11, 2007 03:27 PM

Jake definately was a wonderful person. I remember when he still came out to the games, no matter how he was feeling, he'd always say hi and that he was doing ok. I know he missed playing, but he sure enjoyed watching his Eagles. Please also pass on my condolences to the family and the team Jim. It's sad, but he is in a better place now, and I know he's going long.

Ed

Comment Posted by silver fox May 14, 2007 03:29 AM

Ed,

Thnaks for your kind words. I am laughing a bit at your comment regarding "going long". Whenever he played on "O" he always ran one pattern and that was straight long. He so so fast and we needed a guy to clear for Jake Kornelsen to run that "in pattern" that he is famous for.

I am sure you remember Jake Isaac from those beach tourneys as well.

I am actually laughing about thinking how often I used to send that kid on deep patterns, but ne never once complained.

See you soon.

Jim

Comment Posted by bernie_t May 14, 2007 07:09 PM

Condolences to the family of Jake Issac. I remember Jake as a player, but what really impacted on me was how when he became ill he rarely missed one of our games. He knew the games would be tough and always competitive. He loved those games and you could see that he was out their in spirit. Again, condolences to the family and all the Eagles that played with and knew Jake.

The Assassins Football Club.

Comment Posted by silver fox May 15, 2007 03:32 AM

Bernie,

Thank you for your sentiments. He particularly enjoyed the competitive rivalry with the Assassins.

We'll see you soon.

Jim

Comment Posted by Nolby May 15, 2007 02:10 PM

Well I didnt know the guy but it is always sad to hear about someone passing away.I send my condolences to his family,friends and loved ones.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com