Forums » General » Boston Pizza - what's the process?

Messages for Boston Pizza - what's the process?

Comment Posted by slehmann Jun 13, 2007 03:10 AM

Leaders of the league,

I went to Boston pizza last night with a couple of people from the team for dinner after the game and asked if there was a "WTFL" discount for the players / family... They looked at me like I was talking Greek. My understanding is that the team identified the "home" location of the boston pizza that we attend (Regent) at the meeting a month ago and when we go in after the game and identify ourselves as WTFL people, we get some sort of discount.... do I have it right? Is there someone at Boston that I have to talk to? Do I have to be wearing the jersey? is it good for the lounge only? family meals included?

Just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong here.

thanks,

Sean.

Comment Posted by spider Jun 13, 2007 09:51 AM

Harjummmppphh!
Did you say you were with the Eagles??

Well of course that was the problem!!! :)
I think you proceeded correctly. Probably just a mis-communicae between shifts. I'll copy the boss and verify.

Thanks for testing it out!
Let the old spide look into this. Be right back.

Also, everyone else who has ben identified as POW's get a hold of me for your awards. I am in the process of sending them out via mail. If Isee you atthe field, maybe you can get yor za earlier!
ThanksSean.

So did they take your coupon, and did ja get some free za?

Comment Posted by Mark Jun 13, 2007 09:55 AM

Try asking for the team discount, or ask for Boston Bucks. We have been at BP without our uniforms and said we were a team and received the Boston Bucks and I believe it was 10 or 15% off the bill.

A few times last year we went to the BP on Pembina after playing at Maple Grove and they gave us the Boston Bucks (10% of the final bill), free non-alcoholic drinks, and a 15% discount off the remaining bill, if I remember correctly. Plus they still had cheap team pizzas. They were the only BP that has given us free drinks though.

Comment Posted by spider Jun 13, 2007 10:36 AM

Hello Seaner,here is what Boston had to say,

Hi Darrell, this is a great question. To clarify the discount is for the teams when they come in. It is a 15% discount of all regularly priced food and drink items with 10% back in Boston Bucks. While most teams go into the lounge the restaurant would be fine also. The discount does not apply for a family that comes in for lunch or dinner or when the players dine by themselves but if they were with the team it would apply. The purpose being to get the team out to Boston Pizza after their games. The jersey should not be necessary. If there are any further questions please feel free to call me. Thanks again for your support.

Yours Truly,
Craig Poleshuk
Managing Partner
Boston Pizza Kenaston

I hope that answers your question ole roomie!!
Thanks Craig! (and MJ)

I wish I could win a player of the week! Congratulations Sean!

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Jun 13, 2007 11:54 AM

Anvils went to the one on McPhillips and they knew about it, at least that is what they said. Maybe we got the deal every team gets when they go. they gave us the boston bucks and gave us as many large pizzas for 1$16.99 or $17.99, can't remember, as many large pizzas for that price that we wanted. Nothing about 15% off tho? Maybe the pizza deal is better?

Anvils

Comment Posted by slehmann Jun 14, 2007 03:23 AM

Thanks for info boys, I'll push a little harder next time and let you know what happens.... Spider, coupon?? there's a coupon? Must still be in the mail.

Thanks again,

Sean.

Comment Posted by spider Jun 14, 2007 06:35 AM

I am working on getting them out as I type!

Pizzzzzzzzaaaaaahhhhhhh!

ahem,(sorry!)

Comment Posted by spider Jun 25, 2007 11:22 PM

Player of the Week coupons have been mailed and should be received by Thursday at the latest. Sorry for the delay. Getting all the stats from which to make selections has been less than swift. However, administratively, we seem to have caught up with all our challenges.

As noted, there are always some "glitches" initially, with some of the promotions, or start up activities, however, I have been assured twice, that all is well, and we at the league exec level are doing are best to iron out all the wrinkles.

The coupons do have an expiry date,but again it was noted that, that was a "guide" and that they would be honored past that time. In working with 82 teams and a number of Boston Pizza establishments,and for that matter, any corporate sponsor, it could be assumed that some miscommunication could occur, initialy. If you have any concerns with our sponsors, please email me directly, and I will look into whatever the concern is.

Furthermore, if you have any businesses that you are involved with,that might want to have some fun with us, let me know. It's always fun to provide something "fun" for you the participant, and get some of your companies to help out by supplying some give aways.

This is your league, it's what you make it.

If you have any concerns about our corporate sponsors, or if you want to send some gifts over, you may contact me at 253- 3612,or at the above e-mail associated with the old "spider" nickname.

Oh yeah, we are in need of some sponsors for the All-Star Game events. If anyone would like to get involved (who isn't already) let me know. It looks like we have some openings

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com