Forums » General » Online Schedule

Messages for Online Schedule

Comment Posted by A G Jul 16, 2007 12:37 PM

Peg City Playa'z played Team Punishment on Sunday July 15th @ 10:45 so the online schedule say's ( and still does ) But the head ref insisted that his card had a 10:30 start. Even thou both teams had 10:45 as their start. They were lucky enough to have 7 guys show up early but I only had 6 so we started anyway'z they scored early and ended up winning 8-0. This is not an excuse for why we lost cause we still had all game to get a score and we didnt! thats why we lost (good defence punishment!). But will this happen again? I like to show up early but an early start at charring cross when we all live in maples is asking alot of my entire team ( every team has THOSE players that show up just on time ). so who was really right??

And adding to my frustration that day. on one of my drives in the first half i called a play, a nice short on near mid field my reciever caught then the ref called the half. This is my first year running a team, first time playing QB as a starter any way, but im pretty used to hearing a last play barring penalty. is this a luxury? if it is thanks to every other ref i've ever had! im not trying to complain about it but it makes it hard to learn how to play the game properly when it changes from ref to ref.

The head ref ended up talking with me, he wasn't really the problem but he was going on about it being my responsibility as a QB to have clock management I agree but it's rec league and i've only played 5 games so it all takes time and experience. it was a mixture of scheduling conflict and myself not really knowing the game that well that created the problem. i could live with that but i would like to know if this will happen again with the schedule?

thanks for hearing me out!

Arthur G #12

Comment Posted by Mark Jul 16, 2007 05:20 PM

Clock management is something I've seen a lot of higher division teams do a poor job of, but when its a close game it is very important. You can always ask the head ref the time in between plays to help yourself.

I always try to mention it is the last play, but I can see it being missed. The more you play the better you will get at judging the time remaining and how long each play takes.

And don't forget to use your timeouts and use them decisively. Many teams debate on calling a timeout so by the time they do another 10-20 seconds have passed by. Be ready as soon as your receiver makes or drops the pass to call the timeout.

Comment Posted by A G Jul 17, 2007 11:46 AM

Thanks I appreciate the advice! I just started QB for the fleaflickers on saturday. It's my 1st time in Div 3 so I could use all the help i can get. Great team but keep in mind im still in my first year (thanks for the chance guys). When u back damian?? so many injuries that you're on you're 4th string QB LOL.

But i do find it odd that other posts are getting reply's from the "higher up's"
but a question on scheduling is left un replied??
I guess it wont hurt to show up 30-45 mins before a game, but as a team captain asking a question to the league I would like an answer some time in the near future

thanks

Comment Posted by bender Jul 17, 2007 11:58 AM

Arthur,

On our Ref schedule it says 10:30 start, because games in Rec are a different length then in any other division, I am sure that there was just a schedule mix up when it was posted to the website.

I am not a higher up, but I can appreciate it would be frustrating for you.

Derrick

Comment Posted by A G Jul 17, 2007 12:34 PM

Well I guess i have nothing now, sometime between now and when i started this post the time was changed so hopefully the problem is solved.

Thanks Boyz
enough with the bi**hing lets play some football

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com