Forums » General » exibition game

Messages for exibition game

Comment Posted by Breen_04 Apr 04, 2006 04:23 AM

Any teams intrested in a pick up game for practice on good friday? preferably a division 1 team? email me at jbreen@mbox.rrc.mb.ca. thx

Comment Posted by avengers Apr 04, 2006 01:01 PM

What team do you play for?

Jon

Comment Posted by Breen_04 Apr 04, 2006 03:13 PM

i play for a new team called the All Blacks we joined div 1

Comment Posted by spider Apr 04, 2006 06:23 PM

Div 1?

Like Assassins Eagles Div 1?

What are you nuts?

Comment Posted by Breen_04 Apr 05, 2006 05:11 AM

well have an exibition game with any of the divisions. and yes i guess my team is crazy but our team feels we can contend in the div 1 but if not then we will change divisions were not afraid of giving it a shot.

Comment Posted by theprez Apr 05, 2006 05:19 AM

jbreen, you need to call me to discuss. I have emailed you also.

788-7304 day
291-0092 anytime

thanks

Cliff Kitchen
President

Comment Posted by spider Apr 05, 2006 01:27 PM

Ya Breen,ya don't need to call me, ain't no discussion needed

You'd be worse than crazy to play in Div 1. You do know this is THEEE WINNIPEG TOUCH FOOTBALL LEAGUE, right. This is where the Pros's come to play.

That Division is full of men athletes, ex All Canadian University basketball players, and ex- University and Pro football players. You would likely lose every game 63-0. Not even a team of former University of Manitoba Bisons, or Rods or Rifles can compete with the rapier like All-Stars in this "Elite" division.

Or.... by "first" division, did you mean lke the beginner division? Ya that must be what you mean? Right?

No one in my 27 years, has EVER come out of high school and played Elite and lasted the season. One team did, folded after 10 games of 63-0. Those St.Vital Mustang boys sure got whipped, spcially that Jones guy!

Comment Posted by mel Apr 05, 2006 02:15 PM

You are absolutely right about Division one teams being heads above all other divisions. How is it possible to have 10 teams compete in division 1 and have any semblance of parity? The bottom 5 teams are likely to be desrtoyed by the top 5 teams.I suppose the weaker teams can only get better along the way.

Comment Posted by avengers Apr 05, 2006 03:44 PM

There is a cap of 10 teams per division - that doesn't mean we will actually reach the cap in all of the divisions. It would be safe to assume that there will be 5-6 teams in division 1, with no "weaker sisters".

Jon

Comment Posted by Breen_04 Apr 08, 2006 11:13 AM

My team and I had a talk with the prez and we came to the decision to start out in division 3 then work our way up. We would like to have an exibition game with any team on good friday. email me at jbreen@mbox.rrc.mb.ca

Comment Posted by nomads Apr 09, 2006 07:12 PM

Allblacks: How about 1:00 P.M. on Good Friday. I'll get the guys together.We were 3rd place last year in third so it would be a good gage for your team. I must warn you though our QB is super fast and has an arm like a gun.
Glen
Nomads

Comment Posted by spider Apr 09, 2006 07:57 PM

Geeezus Glen,

I do not know what it is that you are on, but c'mon, don't be holdin out on a fellow ex-Nomad (class of '71)

It can be said that you would be one of a kind though, ...super fast, andan arm like a gun???

Breen that was a typo.. it should read maybe, "super fat, and an arm like a girl!!!" Breen playa 5 - 1 defence, andyou win by 21 pts.

Glen, all is not lost though,...My buddy, Brad said he thought, as a quarterback, you looked good from far......but far from good!!!! Yee haw!

ooooho oooh (eeeew,eeeeew,) agggh agggghh

Comment Posted by Breen_04 Apr 10, 2006 03:23 AM

sorry we have a game set for good friday already

Comment Posted by mbender Apr 10, 2006 03:43 AM

Sorry Glen,

The OC is their opponent, but don't worry Slim, I throw a few underhand or even a few end over end and it'll be just like you were there :)

Comment Posted by nomads Apr 10, 2006 08:41 AM

Marty: Where and what time? Maybe I'll come out to scout.
Glen

Comment Posted by Snatch Apr 13, 2006 10:07 AM

hey nomads (or any others), if you're still looking for a pickup game on good friday our team is also looking. we had one arranged but the other team dropped out last minute. We were in new team div last year and did very well. I know its last minute but if you or anyone is interested please respond or call (204) 782-9654. If i don't answer leave a msg. We can play anywhere in the city, whatever is best for you.
Derek
South Side Trojans

Comment Posted by mbender Apr 17, 2006 09:10 AM

Incase anyone wanted to know how that all-blacks team looked, They were very quick, with a decent receiving core (one receiver in particular made an outstanding one handed diving catch that had both teams applauding) their roster was made up of a few former highschool tackle players and sporting a couple of current Rifle players on their squad, they definitely have the tools to play the game but unfortunately at the present time They're missing experience and a strong defense but they definitely have a mobile qb with great arm strength and would do fine once they grasp the finer points of the 7 man touch game, I think they would fit in either division 4 or possibly 3 and eventurally higher once they respected the fact that they got smoked by a "bunch of old men" as one All blacks player put it after the game (since when is being 31 considered being an old man??) . Good group of talented players though who hopefully will be around for years to come.

Marty B
OC QB

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com