Forums » General » Rumour Mill Update # 2 - April Flowers

Messages for Rumour Mill Update # 2 - April Flowers

Comment Posted by spider Apr 14, 2006 07:58 AM

OK, a bit of an update.

1.) A Touch football skills clinic will be held May 27th.
New woman wanted! As there will be TWO divsions this season (which starts in late July!)
2.) "Heatgles" combine! (Heat + Eagles)Julian and McMillian attempt to fly high.
3.) Sonja Leung will play in Div II this season.
4.) Divisions 2, 3, 4 have almost filled up.
5.) Assassins may drop down a division, due to age and injuries.
6.) Blue Devils add, the "onions and liver" master, Tony Havrilenko to their QB stable!!!
7.) Outsiders add Muhammed,Goose and Hanssen.
8.) Former CFL Ottawa Renegade player Dave Donaldson,joins Assassins aged defensive core.(Those guys are so old they remember "Disco")
9.) Westjet comes on board as a sponsor
10.)Enterprise car rental comes on board as a sponsor
11.)Birchwood Auto group comes on board as a sponsor
12.)Labatt's comes on board asa sponsor
13.)Boston Pizza comes on board as a sponsor
14.)Look left - Canad Inns comes on board as a sponsor

Happy Easter

Comment Posted by Token Apr 14, 2006 10:10 PM

Assassins are adding Donaldson and they want to drop to div. 2??

Wouldn't they still be competitive in Div. 1? They wouldn't be heavy favorites like in the past, but that seems like a bad reason to make a HUGE drop in competition from div. 1 to div. 2.

Comment Posted by guru Apr 15, 2006 10:24 AM

Sunparties lucas, hansen, signh,Oakwambua and now Black...looks like there's a new sherriff in town for div. 1

Comment Posted by slehmann Apr 17, 2006 08:07 AM

The day the Assassins go to Div 2 is the day I quit and take up lawn bowling.... It's never going to happen. I'm willing to bet the house on this one. But what a turn of events...the big D turning on his old (current) team, you should be handing in your jacket and getting the tattoo removed ( I just assumed all the Assassins have been tattooed).

Sunparties look strong and fast but take a look at the Eagles... Jake, Noodles, Huntly, Spidey, (new centre - name escapes me right now), and oh ya... I might be able to snag a couple. Not as fast, but I don't think there is a better receiving core this side of Mississagua.

Don't you just love the preseason hype?

Comment Posted by spider Apr 17, 2006 11:20 AM

Jake is the Center. Which will be fantastic for Jim, but crappy for the fans.

There was nothing like Jake doing the In on Brad Kelm! Tervo is the other piece.

The Eagles offence has finally put the parts together. Defensively, unless the boys go two ways, you are just as good as the Assassins.

I am not turning, I'm just stating it like it is.

Those Sun parties guys were always good and fast. Now that they know the game....look out.

Now depending on what "half part/division (A or B) of Elite" they play in, ...if it's the second, they could put Shea at QB, and wipe out the competition!

Of course come play-off time, when all the regular bodies return, and injured come back, they will be playing in Winnipeg with their travelling Tournament of Champions for half the year.....then....it might be a different story.

I wonder who the Assassins will face most in the first half of the schedule when they will have to play with their "bench?"

But Enough about those old geezers. Let's talk about the Eagles. Can anyone play defense over there??? Geez you guys lost Leydier, and the guy from Calgary, and you haven't had a sniff at the big dance ever since???

Jim hasn't returned my phone calls, or e-mails, so I don't know what's happening? I heard you picked up another corner? Besides the big rugby guy, anyone else?

Comment Posted by jkull Apr 17, 2006 06:54 PM

Enough of the Assassins are done talk!! Did I miss the inter-office memo? Is Shea retiring? Did Dave S. lose his desire to kick ass? Did Kelsey go soft in Scotland? Also, I think somebody forgot to mention Wayne Jackson. I hear that guy is pretty good too. Mix these guys and the other young guys with the "OLD" guys and I think it's still pretty damn good.

My guess is the Assassins will be fine, and come August once the Crazy Elves come back from vacation, they'll be even better.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com