Forums » General » How does performance bond get applied ?

Messages for How does performance bond get applied ?

Comment Posted by mel May 20, 2008 07:18 PM

If a team forfiets 1 game only, how much money from its $150 performance bond does that team get back at AGM ? How is the forfeited fee distributed ? Does the team that showed up to the game get to keep all of the forfeited amount ? Is this fee paid out at AGM as well ? What if a team forfeits more than 2 games ? Please elaborate. Thanks.

Comment Posted by Jyuen Jul 03, 2008 06:59 AM

Was this ever answered on another thread? No search function so I didn't see anything elaborating further other than sifting thorugh the last 5 pages.

Comment Posted by duhard Jul 03, 2008 08:32 AM

Each default will cost a team $75. Third default in a single season places a team in bad standing with the league and you're no longer allowed to play. If you default a single game, you get $75 back at the AGM. When a team defaults against you, you are owed $75.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 03, 2008 08:32 AM

OK, due to recent changes in the Constitution, this question is not easily answerable, by stating "check the constitution." The current Constitution, on the web site is too old, and I hope we will post the most recent one. I have asked our website co-oprdinator to do that. (The "new" ammended Con has to be approved by the membership, which we will hopefully, do shortly)

The Constitution was amended two years ago, but was not voted on. I am currently working on a mechanism to get the members to approve the new Con. This may require a special meeting to vote on it. Or perhaps an on line vote. I believe the new version (amended) provides a much needed update of operating policy for the league. There are a few changes, that answer this question as well as the multi-team player, and team jerseys, etc. In any event, approved or not, plus along with stated policy already noted on the website for this season (re-sched policy, conscripted refs, etc)the Constitution and these policies provide the guidelines upon which the exec governs.

I do not know why the amended Con has/was not approved. The addition of the ladies division, plus other needs were brought up and are brought up annually. These changes are currently reflected in the operating policies stated on the web site. Again, I would like to get that done asap. At the very latest, for the AGM.

To that end, in an effort to answer your questions:

One of the ideas of the PB is to prevent teams from "just not showing up." If you default a game, the constitution states you are fined. This portion should be, forwarded to the affected team(non -defaulters).

That defaulting team, in the past would have then had to post a PB of $100.00. This season we have "pre-collected" again in an effort of deterrance. It should be noted that in the past, at times various execs have had difficulty maintaining accurate records. (Don't know why that would happen, but it did.)

Because a team does not receive a game, (b/c the other team did not show)they should receive a percentage of their registration fees back.

In the past, because we are volunteers, and the board does not receive notice of defaulted games in a timely manner, responding to delinquent teams, is not received "efficiently" To alleviate part of the significance of that dynamic, the PB has been created to "pre-collect" from potential defaulters.

All fees are refunded at the AGM only. Therefore, if you want your PB or monies owed,a team rep had better show up. This was a policy implemented by the league in the past. It was then eliminated, and now for 2008, it is back in place. The rationale has to do with getting the reps out to the AGM, so business may be conducted, plans made, and so a quorum is present.

In all cases the team loses 2 points from the standings. The 3rd default, equates to suspending that team from further participation, pending extreme circumstances.

My apologies for this long winded answer,however, your question is a somewhat complex one that needed addressing. Thanks

Now having stated all that, please bear in mind that as a volunteer board, we do not have one person assigned to "police" this situation. In the past it has been a collaborative effort. (website person, treasurer, ref co-ordinator, secretary) The league would benefit by having someone monitor this, and provide a monthly and/or annual report.

Additionally, a second position of statistician, was brought up at the last meeting. Currently the league, compiles it's stats through the refs, (who are great to supply this, as this is not a refs responsibility, really)

From some posts, it has been noted, the stats are entered or recorded incorrectly, and unless that ref can be found, who entered those stats, it may be difficult to track down. Surprisingly, this current operating procedure though, is the most efficient. In the past we have had a "statistician" but at some point, they seem to get behind in the stats, and as a result, stats are not posted for weeks/months. This happended a couple years ago, when our statistician seemingly just disappeared. Our Website guru, MJ, stepped in to "catch us up." However, that also wasn't part of his responsibility

Entering game stats takes about 3-4 minutes, max., per game. However, when there are 6 games a night, and if a number of game cards accumulates, it can easily be understood that all of a sudden, 3 nights could add up to 18 cards to enter. Double that for weekends and the problem quickly becomes significant. A second problem is the physical collection of cards. We have tried mailing them, dropping off at a central location, a couple of locations, etc. None seemed to be very efficient

Currently, there are about 20 league members including the refs who enter stats.

So, if someone wants to be a statistician, and collect game cards and verify their accuracy (after the fact), as well as a default recorder, there is a position waiting.

That's about how we roll

Comment Posted by Jyuen Jul 03, 2008 08:47 AM

"Because a team does not receive a game, (b/c the other team did not show)they should receive a percentage of their registration fees back."

What would this percentage be? We'll definitely have someone attending the AGM at the end of the year.

Comment Posted by Jyuen Jul 03, 2008 08:49 AM

Maybe make a sticky of your post atop the forum as it hasn't yet been incorporated into the Consitution. Good info to know, at least I think so.

Comment Posted by duhard Jul 03, 2008 08:56 AM

The money owed for a default is $75 this year, as stated above. it's not a percentage per se, it's flat fee representing that loss of game.

Comment Posted by Jyuen Jul 03, 2008 09:13 AM

So $75 goes to the team that showed up? We showed to a game and the other team defaulted. My question was more related to what our team gets back for not getting to play due to the defaulting team.

Comment Posted by duhard Jul 03, 2008 09:29 AM

you get $75 from the other team. (it's taken from the defaulting teams performance bond) I'm not sure what you're asking so if that doesnt' answer your question you'll have to elaborate.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com