Forums » General » Are all games on today ?

Messages for Are all games on today ?

Comment Posted by mel May 30, 2008 10:49 AM

In paticular I'm concerned about our game at Maple Grove. Are they okay with us playing there after the rain we've experienced ? I know last Sunday was a problem.

Comment Posted by Wesss May 30, 2008 01:14 PM

yeah what's up are these games a go or not?

Comment Posted by spider May 30, 2008 09:24 PM

We have explained the rain out procedure. Are you not understanding it?

Comment Posted by ging11 May 31, 2008 02:08 AM

Don't be a douche bag.

Comment Posted by mel May 31, 2008 11:00 AM

Rain out procedure should be to communicate with precious league members if the games are a go or not a go. All teams should be entitled to know by atleast 4pm if they have a game at 6pm. Your procedure should be to communicate this once you know. Once you have declared that all games are on or off we wouldn't have to keep checking the website every ten minutes to see if game is still on. Thats why we have this beautiful website: to facilitate 2 way communication. Good communication works well for everyone.

Comment Posted by the ryan May 31, 2008 11:17 AM

all games are always on unless specifically posted that they are cancelled. Pretty straight forward. If there is nothing on the posts, then games are on

Comment Posted by mel May 31, 2008 03:12 PM

Yeah but unfortunately we have no control over the weather. Could be nice and sunny at 5pm and yet by game time could be a downpour and no game. In those situations teams have to show up to game and hope it is on .

I was concerned about our game on Friday at Maple Grove because on the previous Sunday the Maple Grove people would not permit touch football games to be played because of wet fields. A simple yes or no reply would have sufficed to my original inquiry . Any way now I know the policy. Thanks Ryan.

Comment Posted by mel May 31, 2008 03:17 PM

Having trouble with server. Posted twice in error. Sorry about that.

Comment Posted by spider May 31, 2008 04:11 PM

1.) If games are cancelled because of rainouts they will be aired on CJOB at 4:25, 5:25 weekdays and 8:25am weekends.
2.) Team reps will all be notified by the website "contact all team reps" email, time permitting
3.) A message will be posted on the home page.
4.) A message will be posted on the forum
5.) Time and volunteer availability will see each team rep contacted by personal email with a request for confirmation.
6.) Non- responses will be phoned time permitting and volunteer availability.
7.) For the record the Maple Grove people did not contact the league to move the games, last weekend.
8.) No notification = games are not cancelled.
9.) Refs have the responsibility to cancell games due to excessive water on fields or unsafe playing conditions.

Comment Posted by cwentz May 31, 2008 04:44 PM

i think everyone should just bring umbrella hats and set up a lighting rod, and if its raining too hard that u will destroy the field move it to the parking lot. Sound Fair?? haha.

Comment Posted by mel May 31, 2008 05:59 PM

Thanks Darrell for the clarification of policy. Now I know what to tell our players when they phone to ask if game is still on. Keep checking the website. No news is good news. Why were the games moved from Maple Grove last Sunday if the Maple Grove people did not ask us to move games ? Just curious. The fields were in terrific shape this Friday after rain .

Comment Posted by spider May 31, 2008 06:49 PM

Prevention and forsight

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Jun 01, 2008 07:49 AM

So are the games on today? Do we play when the UV index is high?

Comment Posted by mel Jun 01, 2008 10:35 AM

Touche . Check with Sylvia Kuzyk.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com