Forums » General » Awesome Game

Messages for Awesome Game

Comment Posted by spider Jun 03, 2008 03:06 AM

Hojo Express vs.SS Trojans won by Hojo, 24-20. Wow!Both QB's - HoJo 's Aaron Giesbrecht and Trojans Eric Rout must have combined for 1000 yards passing, last Sunday afternoon at Maple Grove.

For the first time in many years I saw a QB/Receiver tandem operate with the QB hitting the receiver as he came out of the break. (Wilcox/Giesbrecht)

That coupled with the Trojan's Rout /Persad instant TD combo.

Both those teams played like they should be competing for the Provincial Championship.....but hey we don't have one???

Maybe it's time we did. Either one of those teams would have challenged for the title Best team in Manitoba, based on last Sunday.

Looking forward to watching that matchup in the future!

Comment Posted by Steve Jun 03, 2008 12:25 PM

Great to hear. SS I know has a ton of talent. They could be in Division 1 or 2. How's this for a stat, a humble team called the Mighty Schmucks ripped SS Trojans apart last year in the playoffs. No superstars. Just great team chemistry :)

Comment Posted by PAYNER Jun 06, 2008 04:37 AM

steve -O !!!! you may want to rethink your last comment. yes we did lose to you guys last year.... good for you! you are in division 5 this year with a 1 - 4 record congrats. you guys are superstars! we are 3-2 and the competion this year in div 3 is awesome. What happened steve,how come you guys didnt move up to compete with us?

on a side note. I am sick and tired of seeing lower div teams question the caliber of higher div teams. if you your so good MOVE UP if not SHUT UP!

Comment Posted by Steve Jun 06, 2008 08:50 AM

I'm not arguing about who has the better team. You guys have some of the best athletes in the league.

All I'm saying is it's not always about superstars when it comes to playoff time. You guys were clearly superior, and yet we beat you by 3 TD's. You destroyed competition throughout the regular season, and probably didn't face much adversity during that time. When the adversity did come, at the most critical time in your season, you guys folded.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com