Forums » General » Minor Oversight

Messages for Minor Oversight

Comment Posted by sarge Jun 09, 2008 05:12 AM

I think we've now seen it all. 25+ guys from two teams show up to play a game that was an organized re-schedule, and there are no refs!! One would think that this "minor" detail would be taken care of before letting the teams know when the game has been rescheduled. I know I am also speaking for the rest of the Hitmen and Pirhanas who showed up at Maple Grove for this. If someone emailed us to let us know, that would be fine, but nobody received word of this until we were all at the field. I was told by one of the head officials that he gave word to the exec that morning that there would be no refs for the game. I know him and trust what he said. Some sort of communication should have been sent to the teams.

Teams who do not show up or default games have to pay a fine through their performance bonds....maybe the league should be accountable to the teams in the same manner. I understand that managing 60+ teams and rescheduling rain outs and such is a big job, and we appreciate that...BUT we do PAY for a service and would hope that the service is honored best as possible.....sorry but we were not impressed driving home yesterday. I know this post will probably be deleted or I will be torn up by one or many people, but it had to be said

Brad,
RC Hitmen

Comment Posted by spider Jun 09, 2008 05:59 AM

Brad, Brad, Brad,

You're 100% correct!

1.) Attempts to get refs were made since the Friday.
2.) The league errored in re-schedulling any games on such short notice.
3.) No refs responded.
4.) Upon realization that no refs were available, executive members responsible for game provision, were contacted, but evidently did not get the message as they were out of town.
5.) The league apologizes for this communication breakdown.

Comment Posted by sarge Jun 09, 2008 06:10 AM

ok fair enough..........

Please know that we are not trying to slander anyone. but someone had to say it. it was frustrating to have everyone drive out for that.

Comment Posted by spider Jun 09, 2008 06:41 AM

Yup.

I understand. It's frustrating for us, also trying to get the re-schedules in, refs fields, more rainouts.

No excuses, we f'd up.

Comment Posted by sarge Jun 09, 2008 07:00 AM

for sure. the weather is certainly not cooperating. and like I said originally, We do appreciate the difficulities in managing 60+ teams. Not an enviable task.

Comment Posted by nomads Jun 09, 2008 06:38 PM

Spidey: I don't think you answered the question. Will the league compensate those two teams? Also can the teams play a game without officials?
Glen

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com