Forums » General » June 9th game all moved to Christine Lesperance school

Messages for June 9th game all moved to Christine Lesperance school

Comment Posted by spider Jun 09, 2008 05:48 AM

All WTFL games from Maple Grove and Rods field will now take place at Christine Lesperance field, John Forsythe road and Dakota in St. Vital

Comment Posted by lmitchnik Jun 09, 2008 06:14 AM

Are we seriously still planning to play tonight's games? It's supposed to keep raining all day, maybe clearing up "early evening" (not sure what that means for Environment Canada). I'm ready to head out to the field, but in my opinion we will wreck any field that we try to use tonight without a few hours of drying out time.

I assume this will be monitored for the remainder of the afternoon and a final decision will be made in time for the normal cancellation procedures?

Leslie

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Jun 09, 2008 06:18 AM

don't forget the safety aspect playing in a cesspool of mud and water. that is more important in my opionion than wrecking a field.

cliff

Comment Posted by Jyuen Jun 09, 2008 06:36 AM

Does indeed look like a good ankle rolling day on them fields...

Comment Posted by spider Jun 09, 2008 06:46 AM

Have you guys played at Lesperance? It's like a putting green the size of 5 fields.
We should play all our games there, if only we could get them lined.

Comment Posted by seanbest Jun 09, 2008 08:42 AM

Ha ha. I live near Lesperance, and checked it out on Friday in the middle of the day, just to see if there was a chance we could play there, instead of getting rained out. There was a foot of water on the entire field, and a massive puddle in the middle. But I still down for playing. It'll be more fun in the rain anyway!

Comment Posted by Jyuen Jun 09, 2008 09:10 AM

Can you go check how it is now? ;P

Comment Posted by seanbest Jun 09, 2008 09:16 AM

Sorry. At work. Probably won't be there until close to game-time.

Comment Posted by Philco Jun 09, 2008 11:10 AM

Still raining.

Games still a go?

Comment Posted by Gil Jun 09, 2008 11:34 AM

Hey Guys,

I was just out there (4:25) and the field is soaked with some puddles. It was also pouring rain. Not my call but they are going to be some wet games.

Viper89

Comment Posted by avengers Jun 09, 2008 11:34 AM

Games tonight are cancelled. The league communications person will be in touch with each team.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com