Forums » General » Assassins Celebrate 30th Anniversary in 2008

Messages for Assassins Celebrate 30th Anniversary in 2008

Comment Posted by spider Jun 20, 2008 10:36 AM

A bit of a history lesson will take place July 5th at the Blue and Gold Room, (Sun Center) as the Winnipeg Assassins celebrate their 30th anniversary of Canadian Touch Football.

The festivities include:

Friday July 4 Golf tournament, followed by an outing to the Palomino club

Saturday, July 5th - A 3 decade, or is it 4?? (70's 80's 90's and 2000's) touch football tournament, also at CanadInns Stadium.

Saturday July 5th 6:00pm - Dinner/Roast/dance Blue and Gold Room. In planning this event, it appears this may be a live history lesson, as current and past players will identify some of their memories. Of particular interest, a portion called, "Best receiver I had to cover, " "Hardest DB to beat," best memory from touch football, and an open "microphone session"

In addition, a historical video is being produced,as well a number of past memorabilia will be displayed. We'll also be taping the "roast" portion as we may have some vocal history being presented, which, none of us will have really heard before(although may have experienced it)

I thought mentioning this would be interesting if only to hear who the past? or current players from opposing teams are identified as the "best ever" (I have just talked to one of the vets, and the guys identified and reasons why, were really interesting. To my surprise, there are many current players listed)

OK that's enough. If anyone wants more info, or would like an invite, let me know.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com