Forums » General » Bested the best

Messages for Bested the best

Comment Posted by spider Jun 25, 2008 07:23 PM

Here is the reason we all play sports. On any given day, your team can win. Here is why the WTFL is the best and biggest league in Canada.

The Eagles who have been the #1 or 2 team in Winnipeg for the last 15-20 years, had opened the season 0-4. The talk was, they were done. A roster of 20, only 8 guys show up.

However, in the last couple of weeks they have evened their record to 4 -4. However,.they did so by annihilating the previous undefeated league Champion Assassins 37-20, and then this evening won a thriller at Minto vs the 3rd best Manitoba team, the Avengers,with a 6 point victory, stopping the Avengers on the Eagle 15 yardline with a game ending 15 yard sack on 3rd and one by Chris Noonan!!!

Note to QB's everywhere. When it's third and whatever, throw the ball! Give the receiver a chance. Never take a sack!

What's really impressive is they are doing this with 8 guys. Now not to suggest otherwise,but, "don't mess with the chemistry" Even better, with everyone going both ways in 25 degree heat, no one has time to whine. All the boys did was play hard, every play.

To be number one, you have to make plays! Can you say that? You make plays! Don't blame the ref, don't blame the field, don't blame the non-lined field,don't blame the game time. Hmmm I see a trend stop the blame game...make plays!

Speaking of making plays, Eagles graduated fire fighter (5 days earlier)Trevor "Big Man" Bell,in only his second game of the year defeated the Assassins 23 - 20. Three Tds, 2 2 pt converts and a kick-off single. Well OK Jim "ringma" Bell was also, "so hot," he almost burst into flame during the 4th quarter, as he threw for 5 Td passes.

"Big Man" Bell's last TD was a diving over the shoulder 35 yard post pattern for the catch.

Now as part of the Canada Day Celebration, The League, has scheduled these teams to be in action, July 2nd, at Tec Voc. At 6:00 pm. The streaking Eagles play Sun Parties, while the Assassins play the Avengers, at 7:45.

Therefore, as I originally stated, if you want to see some of the very best football in Canada, by 3 of Canadas best, come on out, and check on these masterful teams.

Comment Posted by bdb Jun 26, 2008 05:44 AM

Elite
Assassins 8 7 1 0 14 304 206
Eagles 9 4 5 0 8 210 247
Sunparties.com 8 4 4 0 8 275 268
Avengers 9 3 6 0 6 279 292

top 3 teams ?

Comment Posted by spider Jun 26, 2008 06:44 AM

BDB.

Come on,

Sun parties are like those Canada Day sparklers, bright, shiny, burn brightly, but then pffft. By mid August it's usually all but, "get ready for basketball season."

Plus, when's the last time the Sun Parties appeared in the league Finals?

I have seen the Sun Parties play a few times,and I keep waiting for them to deliver, not implode. Sun parties have great players,but.....

I hope you are correct though. How those old Assassins keep doin it, is such a piss off isn't it? That fricken Toronno on defense, and that dinosaur Shea on offense. And speaking of dinosaurs, what about those Eagles? Take away "Big Man"and what's their average age? 100?

So......like they say in Missouri..."Show Me." I'll be waitin...and by the way...throw the ball to "Sweet Pea!" :)

Comment Posted by bdb Jun 26, 2008 07:34 AM

thanks for the motivation....

Comment Posted by Polish Prince Jun 26, 2008 12:03 PM

"To be number one, you have to make plays! Can you say that? You make plays! Don't blame the ref, don't blame the field, don't blame the non-lined field,don't blame the game time. Hmmm I see a trend stop the blame game...make plays!"

OMG... are you kidding me. ya i agree that u gotta make plays but makin them obviously isnt enough. they need to be called and called correctly. when refs are makin excuses of why they didnt make a call or they didnt see it, theres something wrong with that. ya i understand missing a call here or there, no ones perfect but missing the same call over and over because youre not in position to see it and not even adjusting yourself to see it the next time it happens... comon. or the best line i heard was when a call was missed in the first quarter of a game and the ref after the game said missing that call didnt have an impact because the final score was a blowout. When at the time the call was missed it would have been a possible 12 pts swing and would have make it a one score game. when you put yourself into a position to win the game and at a crucial moment a huge call is missed that essentially determines the game, then the game is taken out of the players hands and it doesnt matter what plays you make. this message is not directed at all official and for the most part theyve been doin a good job but just like players, dont stop trying to be better because you think youre good enough.

PS i look forward to when brads refing my games again

Comment Posted by darkness Jul 04, 2008 12:04 AM

polish prince luvs touch football

Comment Posted by spider Jul 04, 2008 03:49 AM

winners make it happen!

Comment Posted by A-Train Jul 04, 2008 01:21 PM

hahaha. I administered that fire fighter test! Well, the treadmill portion anyway. Small world

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com