Forums » General » Is the bomber game on tsn tonight?

Messages for Is the bomber game on tsn tonight?

Comment Posted by PAYNER Jun 27, 2008 11:36 AM

please let me know if the game will be blacked out or not. please no guesses!

Comment Posted by spider Jun 27, 2008 11:42 AM

It will be on TV all over Canada, but maybe not Winnipeg!

Comment Posted by scott Jun 27, 2008 12:26 PM

Viewsat FTA

Comment Posted by spider Jun 27, 2008 06:25 PM

It was on and it was horrible. Bombers were flattered by the score.
- Did you see the Pass I on Toronto in their endzone? No! Me neither. Total "homer" call.
- Glenn sucks. The guy is a midget. Horrible, Horrible overthrows coughs up the ball on a sack (luckily Roberts picks it up)
- Marlborough should get a haircut and get a real job. What's that guys first name "Whiff?" Has he tackled anyone in the last 3 years?
- I have seen about 25 guys from the WTFL that can PLAY Safety better than whoever the Bombers had. (What's his name Ted Nugent...the old detroit rocker???) What a great job! Being paid to just be out there on the field. OK he made one play, a tackle 10 yards downfield. Somebody get Keyser or Windus' number to Taman.
- Berry makes nice decisions on giving up points, on missed field goals - NOT!
- Someone find Brad Black, Rob Rabichuk or Chris Matheson's phone number and forward it to Taman. At least those guys would get the ball out past the 1 yardline.
Kerry Joseph - MVP? huh? That hit by Canada with the helmut on the hip took him right out.
Bishop will be starting by August.

Hey Scott what the hell is viewsat FTA? "View it on Saturday with Free throw attempts?"
Anyone know when the NBA Draft is?

Who do the Bombers play next?

Comment Posted by ren22 Jun 27, 2008 07:14 PM

spider spider spider where have you been?
free to Air satellite ... I got mine in HD

Comment Posted by spider Jun 28, 2008 03:25 AM

free to air .... huh?

Comment Posted by PAYNER Jun 28, 2008 05:10 AM

i blame the receivers for the over throws. they just werent where they were supposed to be. they're not making the right pre snap reads at all. when toronto has 9 guys in the box and your route is a hook everyone knows to adjust your route accordingly. thats why kevins throws were off because he read the D.

If u ask me the tsn turning point for the game was sernas botched punt! and what was with the snaps? both in shotgun and special teams? I swear I could do a better job!!!!!!

Comment Posted by spider Jun 28, 2008 06:03 AM

Yeah you make an excellent point.

If the center could try a rolling snap, like some of our teams use, just think how "pee wee" Glenn could get outside the pocket!!

I disagree on the turning point.

I think a turning point comes when the score is close,and the "turns" in favour of the other team.

I'll have to say that safety touch was it. Symbolically, it showed the COACH gave up!

Up till that point thr Bomber D was holding the toronto O in check, plus the "idiot kicker," was missing all his field goals. So, by giving up, a safety, Berry was subconciously stating he did not think his D would hold. Berry isn't a very good Coach anyway. There seems to be way to much disorganization (missed field goal runout to the one yardline, plus the Westwood fiasco,etc)

Toronto then came down and scored immediately.

The D other than Marlborough, late on the break to cover the out, missing that tackle, then the one downfield. What exactly does that guy do? Really if he can't cover the # 3 receiver or the back out of the backfield??? What does he do? What is he the local dealer???

The front 7 played well, literally knocking Joseph out of the game. Of course, Bishop is the better QB, so that wasn't necessarily good that he came in. But at least the D was functioning though.

The Bomber O.??? Do they have one? Like, who is the Bomber O co-ordinator? Ray Charles? Granted Toronto, lays off and gives you the 5 yarder. So...take it. Then, run with Roberts. If they go Man, run the post, or the fade. Geez, Wheaton can't cover, yet few teams go after him. The O "strategy" if they have one? is chaotic and inconsistent

Time for a new QB. Glenn's just good enough to make games close. It's been that way for 3 years, and he ain't gettin any smarter! He obviously re-verted to pre-2007 form, where he would toss up the INT at crunch time, which he did in the 4th yesterday. Plus did you see those suicide 5 yard passes he threw? No wonder Steagall got hurt 2 /3 of the last years.

Plus the little pipsqeak can't even run. So we have a 5'8" QB, who can't throw over the line, therefore only through lanes. If the D-Line puts their hands up, and brings a backer,Glenn is toast.

Oh well 0-2, coming up, in Montreal,...at least the rookies can be introduced to some French Canadien cuisine on St. Catherines street.

and then, oh my God, then BC, in back to back....0-3???0-4??? Maybe Hooter's will be open by then??!!

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Jun 28, 2008 09:18 AM

Face it dudes. The bombers just suck.

Comment Posted by spider Jun 28, 2008 09:31 AM

If you have nothing positive to say stay of this post! lol

Comment Posted by cwentz Jun 28, 2008 10:48 AM

They Had there back up snaper, New safty for hebert, and stegal was out. It wasn't all glens fault did u see how many snaps were at his feet or off to the side, not to mention his recivers couldn't make a read to save there lives, aside from armstrong. That kid replaceing stegal missed his read about 4 times wich made glen look like he waws over throwing the ball, however thats where bryant shouldve been. They just gotta work out the bugs and start playing bomber football again. That PI call was brutal, but they made up for it on 2 questionable PI calls against the bombers later on. They just gotta work there sh*t out, it would be nice to see dinwiddie get in on some games too, cause glen is nearing the end of his career, and dinwiddie is far from terrible.

Comment Posted by mel Jun 28, 2008 12:13 PM

I think the Argos move of using two QB's will eventually blow up in their face. A quarterback has to be the leader and must be allowed to establish some sort of a rhythym. How can a QB develope any confidence when he knows he'll get the hook if he makes a mistake ? Everyone makes mistakes. As painful as it is watching Glenn struggle at times , the Bombers will hopefully be rewarded for their patience with a Grey Cup at the end of the year. I agree with Chris that if the Bombers do win the Grey Cup it will be because of Glenn; not inspite of him. But get rid of Duncan O'Maney and bring back Troy to punt for one last year.

Comment Posted by seanbest Jun 29, 2008 06:44 PM

NBA Draft was on Thursday. Pretty uneventful. Rose 1, Beasley 2, Mayo 3. Raptors traded their pick.

Comment Posted by spider Jun 29, 2008 07:22 PM

OH OK I heard something vaguely about Nestarovich, a #17 draft pick, and that little ball hog guard, going for that Indianapolis loser forward, Jermaine O'Neal, who is so,so soft and not very bright. Not a good trade.

Bryant will be out if Stegall comes back.
Glenn is not the answer which he will prove this season.
Right on about Westwood. O' Maney is a joke.

Also re-pick up Stokes, so we can at least win that exchange. The Bombers are about 5 players away from winning the cup. Can Taman bring in the right pieces?

Stokes is one
Kyries Hebert is two
Is Westwood three?
?4
?5

Comment Posted by seanbest Jun 30, 2008 11:14 AM

Hebert is in the NFL. There is nothing Taman can do about that one.

Comment Posted by spider Jun 30, 2008 09:14 PM

He'll be back

Comment Posted by Byatch Jul 01, 2008 04:54 AM

I wouldn't be too sure. With all the Bengals LB's getting suspended for drugs over the last year, he might just make the team.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 01, 2008 06:34 AM

No, no, no.

In the NFL he'll have to make it as a strong safety. Ya know run support, take the 3rd receiver. Ya he could come in as a nickel or dime back, if they don't have people there.

But as a LB??? Nope.

He is good, but can he make the tackle when given the opp. If not bye-bye.

Comment Posted by seanbest Jul 02, 2008 07:24 AM

At the very least, he'll make the team on Special Teams alone!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com