Forums » General » Bombers vs. Als - July 4th.

Messages for Bombers vs. Als - July 4th.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 02, 2008 07:55 AM

Well, what's the prognostication for this one?

Will there be fireworks in the old town? Will the Bombers score a second offensive TD?

Anyone believe Pee Wee (Glenn)can lead the Bombers to victory in Quebec? There is a good chance, if our D plays the way they do. However, the exhibition in Winnipeg, showed Montreal is pretty decent!

and look what Montreal did to Hamilton, who look like the free space on the bingo card.
Hey is our boy, Donovan in the Montreal camp (after getting cut by Seattle) I noticed he is back on a WTFL Roster. Will our other boy, Cory Huclack play/dress?

Geez we should change our monicker, "where the Pro's come to train!"

Anyone know?

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Jul 02, 2008 07:39 PM

Montreal will smoke the bombers. Sorry guys.

Comment Posted by captainwoody Jul 03, 2008 06:48 AM

And the Riders will finish in the basement.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 03, 2008 07:03 AM

Marcus,

How can you say that. I have been studying the Bombers playbook, and just because they run the same plays as Nerf does, doesn't mean they won't score a TD some day. And what's wrong with throwing 7 yard crossing patterns every play?

Patience is a virtue! Of course it's as exciting as watching grass grow,or paint dry. But think of it. We never have to wonder if we can make the convert!, or we never have to come up with 2 more plays that work,(b/c we are always at 3rd down and punting)

Somebody should tell the Bombers O co-ordinator, that in order to score points, you have to actually take a chance, and put the ball up..and let a talented receiver go after it. Marcus, I am tired of watching Glenn throw those many suicide passes that get receivers hammered. Khari Jones could come back and throw 5 yard crossing patterns...and he was a much better interview.

Now, Jim I know you're reading this, can't you structure or re-structure Glenn's contract to include a bonus for every TD pass thrown. (somewhat like your Eagles contract....what happened last night? Eagles were wearing white, not bright orange???!!!) I digress. Give Glenn $2000.00 for every TD pass thrown over 10 yards.

To make up the difference subtract $2000.00 from Marlborough's contract for every tackle missed.

Alas, Marcus I reluctantly have to agree with you. Montreal by 9.

Does anyone have any positive notions about the Big Blue's status for the Montreal game?

Comment Posted by Snatch Jul 03, 2008 10:55 AM

Donavon is back in Montreal, but wont play. From what i hear, he may be playing later this season however once he plays a little catch up. Good to see some winnipeg boys do well.

Comment Posted by Go DP!!!!!!! Jul 03, 2008 12:57 PM

I think the line should be +/- 4 for how many times the bombers will turn the ball over to the Als.....the Als will destroy them......9 might be generous

as for that captain woody fellow, I guarantee you the roughriders won't finish last in that division

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Jul 03, 2008 07:34 PM

Anybody see that Tucker catch tonight? That was sick.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 04, 2008 03:50 AM

reminds me of a guy named Marc Jeansen

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Jul 04, 2008 09:37 PM

He ran a corner route, I can't run that far.

bombers 0-2
riders 2-0

Get used to it bitches, gonna be a long season for the blue.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 05, 2008 06:26 AM

Kevin Glenn COULD NOT play for NERF! nuff said!

Can you say 0 and 7..coming up.

Comment Posted by cobras63 Jul 05, 2008 07:37 AM

Yeah... because it's definitely only his fault, and not at all due to the 3 replacement O-linemen. Those big guys aren't responsible for anything anyway.

Comment Posted by nomads Jul 06, 2008 04:40 PM

Spidy: You are dead on and this is not new with Glenn. Kahari did it too. Why don't the coaches force him to take the deeper read.Is this entireley up to Glenn to pick the read? When you were with the Bisons what was the story with the Qb's there? I think it is a lack of confidence on Glenn's part.
Glen

Comment Posted by spider Jul 06, 2008 08:09 PM

He needs "extendzzz" (I don't know what they are, but he needs them!)
He needs 'em for his legs!
My ole baseball coach once tole me, "ya can't hit,what ya can't see." poor Mr.Glenn is just too short. He can't see down field,and he's all cripled up, and can't get outside to buy time. He's a nice man

Our boys were taught to read outside/ in. The Big A read deep to short

Ya don't get me started

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Jul 06, 2008 08:42 PM

He's 2 inches taller than Doug Flutie.
Some on guys, size doesn't matter...or does it?

Comment Posted by spider Jul 07, 2008 08:15 PM

Yes but Flutie had a brain, and he could run circles around poor Glenn.
If conditions are near perfect Glenn can be a better than average passer. Once anything breaks down, he can't make a play. It's like we are playing with one hand behind our back.

This franchise is playing not to lose, not playing to win. They are tentative, cautious,reluctant unimaginative. They went after zero free agents. Tells ya right there. They are and were asleep at the wheel.

I mean imagine if the front office- Taman. Bauer and Berry had a pulse and a brain. Evidently Kerry Joseph was available!!!. Evidently Prefontaine was available. Da! Don't ya think that he would have been a good choice knowing they were going to cut Westwood? No, The team, stadium? and the QB are reflective of everything else. Barely adequate at best.

The O has a basic flaw. They want a 5 or 6 receiver set, but don't have a line or a QB capable of being dominant in that area of the game. Christ everyone knows it. That's why everyone is yelling get a running game. But now that is so skewed up, because of the emphasis on the pass, they suck all over. I can't imagine this offense scoring 4 TDs in a game.

Christ ..bring in Damon Allen. At least he can escape. One could only imagine Milt's stats if he had a QB with an arm. Milt must be cringing when he thinks he could be scoring TDs, with a Bishop at the helm.

and why won't they bring Stokes back? The guy was a sparkplug, and propelled them into the Grey Cup with his returns for instant O.

When is Hooter's opening? They said July 1st. Did they mean 2009?

Comment Posted by seanbest Jul 08, 2008 08:44 AM

Stokes is good. Unfortunately but he's been diagnosed with a sever case of fumbleitis.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 08, 2008 09:04 AM

Yeah, he fumbles once.....come on. High risk high reward. Better than sitting around doing nothing. c'mon.

Who wants to party?

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com