Forums » General » Buying or Selling a Home????

Messages for Buying or Selling a Home????

Comment Posted by mike_laping Jul 08, 2008 05:54 AM

Hi All,

My name is Mike Laping and I have joined the Judy Lindsay Team Realty as the Sales Manager.

My first order of business is to extend my fellow WTFL'ers a league special if you're thinking of buying or selling a home.

I have been a member of the league for many years and consider many of you friends. I enjoy the game and love to find new ways of not only helping the league but the participants of it.

The offer I’m proposing is one of great value to a home purchaser, seller, or the modest investor.

As a member of the WTFL I would like to extend to you the following:

Free no obligation home evaluations.
Free handy man and cleaning services.
A free 1 year warranty on the purchase of your next home.
We will even guarantee your home sold!!!
And many more great offers …. http://www.judylindsay.com/home_buyers_sellers.html

Please call me at 204-925-2900 to find out more information. Or see us at our web site. www.judylindsay.com

This unbelievable value is also available to your family and friends, Please give me a call.

Mike Laping
Sales and Property Manager
925-2900
925-2912 (fax)
mike@judylindsay.com

Comment Posted by mel Jul 08, 2008 05:15 PM

Where are home prices going in the next couple of years? Do you see a major downturn in Winnipeg market similar to what is occuring in the USA ? Is the Winnipeg residential real estate bubble about to burst ? I would be a liitle afraid to be buying a home at today's high prices. Good luck to you in your career as a realtor.

Comment Posted by nomads Jul 08, 2008 06:29 PM

Hi All: I have just become a Dickee Dee ice cream guy. If any of you are on my route I would appreciate you buying a fudgsicle or a revel. Also I sell Fuller Brush so if you need any furniture polish I am your guy and I am in the drycleaning/travel business so give me a call.
Thanks
Glen

Comment Posted by mel Jul 08, 2008 06:37 PM

Bring your ice cream to our next game in August.I'll buy a few. Is that Dycky-Dee Glen ? Fuller Brush ? Anything but Amway.

Comment Posted by nomads Jul 08, 2008 06:43 PM

Mel: In my career I have been a Dickee Dee guy, a Fuller Brush guy, a drycleaning guy and an Amway guy. All of these have shaped my career as a full blown top level a-hole.
Glen

Comment Posted by mel Jul 08, 2008 06:47 PM

Did someone trick you to get into Amway ? I was once very briefly in Amway as well. Was told I would soon be a millionaire like those two guys in Michigan. A dishonest pyramid scheme. They go by a different name these days.

Comment Posted by nomads Jul 08, 2008 06:53 PM

Mel: It was back in the early 80's. I was only in it for a year. But I must say that the tapes and books that they feed you were instrumental in changing ones outlook on life. I credit that learning experience to my success today.
Glen

Comment Posted by mel Jul 08, 2008 07:03 PM

One of my best learning experiences was selling real estate way back in 1976. As a salesperson one must overcome his/her inhibitions quickly. I do agree those Amway tapes and motivational speakers they brought in were quite inspiring. Brian Herosian a former Bomber was one of the best speakers around.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 08, 2008 07:08 PM

Red Storey rest his soul at a Blue Bomber luncheon way back was awesome! I still have his ref joke.

Hey do the Blue still have those game day luncheons? or the day before? Those were cool. A Player sat with your table of 8.

Comment Posted by mel Jul 08, 2008 07:25 PM

I remember Red Storey from HNIC broadcasts way back in the 1960's when I was a farm boy at Oakburn. He was always entertaining and much more colourful than Don Cherry. He even had his own sport fishing/hunting show for a while. He could sure tell a good story. I think Don Jonas would have been an excellent speaker as well. Does anyone remember Joe Zaleski ?

Comment Posted by Long Island Ice-T Jul 09, 2008 06:27 AM

Mel,

I think we are heading for a market correction all over the country for a myriad of reasons.
Year over year prices have already declined in Calgary, Edmonton, and Windsor Ontario.
Here in Winnipeg we just had a great June is sales but listings are climbing. That's the first
step.

Vaughn

Comment Posted by spider Jul 09, 2008 06:43 AM

Mel, Joe Zaleski sucked. Remember Wobbly Gabler, Luther Selbo? Remember those track seats,right behind the Bomber bench. Those were good! Ya could run onto the field after the game and get a Bomber's chin strap! That was the big thing!

Me and Vic Wermann from the Furnaceman Flames were neighbours and we usually went to the games. Bought tickets at Baldy Northcotts! (now covered by Portage Place)

and Mel, you know Don Jonas started this league right?

Mike Fardy (former Assassin) and I have some press clippings from 1972 and on ward. We should collaborate and put together a history of the league. I wonder if anyone would be interested in buying a copy.

Hey Glen, you still do that kind of thing?

Comment Posted by nomads Jul 09, 2008 07:08 AM

Yup

Glen

Comment Posted by mel Jul 10, 2008 02:26 AM

Vaughn are you a realtor as well ? The Autobots have a Remax guy playing for them. We must have quite a few realtors in the WTFL. Anyone else providing free handyman and cleaning services ? A very challenging career to be in. Apparently 20% of the agents make 80% of the money.

Comment Posted by Long Island Ice-T Jul 10, 2008 03:11 AM

Nope, I am not a realtor. I have a done a ton of homework on the subject however and just
cannot see how we get away without some kind of market correction. In fact, just yesterday
the Feds just passed legislation to reduce max amortization mortgages from 40 to 35 yrs and they now require a min 5% down. This doesn't come into effect until Oct 15 however so we may see a flurry of activity before then until the inevitable shoe drops imo.

Comment Posted by mike_laping Jul 10, 2008 05:29 AM

IMO, the market should level but a decrease we will not see.

The fact remains we still have more people looking to buy in relation to those who are looking to sell.

For more information we do run a morning talk show on CJOB that airs between 7:40 and 7:50 am. It's filled with market information, home buying and selling tips; I'm sure most could take something out of every braodcast.

I think what sets us apart from any other realty company and keeps us #1 in homes sold since 1996 is our marketing plan, customer service and a list of experienced Sales people who are all commited to offering a high level of customer enthusiasm.

Please feel free to call to learn more about our Free Warrenty program or any other great offers to 925-2900

Thanks Guys and Galls

Mike

Comment Posted by spider Jul 10, 2008 07:04 AM

Advertisers pay $250.00 for advertising on the website Mike. Send a checque payable to the WTFL,asap.

Thanks

Comment Posted by mike_laping Jul 10, 2008 07:23 AM

after all the free stuff I've given you guys!

sheesh!

who do I make it payable to? :(

Comment Posted by mel Jul 10, 2008 07:50 AM

Hey Darrell,

Perhaps it would be a good idea to add a Business Personals category to our current existing topic categories. Under the Business Personals all WTFL members in good standing could promote their personal business endeavours.As a WTFL member myself, I would definitely consider giving a fellow WTFL member the business be it for real estate, insurance, landscaping ,electrical, etc. We have an amazing network of talented people in all trades in this league.Its all about helping each other. Advertising under the Business Personals would let us know who these people are. Should this service be free or should there be a charge involved ? I'm quite certain there would be tax write offs for this form of advertising, and most members would not mind paying for this method of effective promotion. $$$$$$$$$$$ for the league ? $$$$$$$$$$$ for the advertisers.

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Jul 10, 2008 08:48 AM

try clicking on the sponsor's menu.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 10, 2008 09:55 AM

I thought the very same thing...

Comment Posted by mel Jul 10, 2008 10:10 AM

The Sponsor's Menu is set up in a most efficient professional user friendly manner. We currently have approx 12 sponsors listed. I am suggesting a way we can build on the excellent corporate sponsors we presently have. Providing an advertising forum for a fee to the rank and file members of the WTFL might prove to be a win win situation. People posting on this site would not neccessarily be sponsors but more like paid advertisers. This new category would be promoting individual trades people and professionals within our league rather than corporations. Its always interesting to exchange and discuss new ideas.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 10, 2008 12:09 PM

Yeah Like I want to get a little landscaping done. Know anyone?

Comment Posted by Avengerman Jul 10, 2008 06:33 PM

Hmmm!
Winnipegs first nude Realtor.
What ever works Mike.

I have a bag of used cat litter in the trash outside. How much could I get for that in today's market?

Comment Posted by spider Jul 10, 2008 07:31 PM

Hey show some respect. Mikes' been in the league a long time.

Mike, I just have one question for you about that house on Elm Street. I was looking into it,and I called to see if one of the Wall's were there. I asked if Dave Wall was there,and they said NO, I asked if Jack Wall was there and they said no... I then asked if any of the Walls were there. They said no.

I just have to wonder if none of the walls are there, what's holding up the roof! :)
- Woody Carpenter told me that one (heh! heh!)

Comment Posted by mike_laping Jul 11, 2008 06:04 AM

Avenger man,

with all the recent killings in the Point Douglas area we have decided collectively as a company not to represent our market share there any longer.

Thanks for you question, please enjoy this link. http://boifromtroy.com/wp-content/dallassartzuscbunny2006.jpg

Comment Posted by mike_laping Jul 11, 2008 06:07 AM

in all seriousness how do I become a sponser of the league?

What do you need from me?

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com