Forums » General » Bombers vs. Lions - July 11th

Messages for Bombers vs. Lions - July 11th

Comment Posted by spider Jul 08, 2008 09:12 AM

OK, enough of this complainin.

Where is the best bar to go to before a bomber game? The Hooters line says July!!! Someone should tell them IT IS JULY! Man I miss their breasts! (chicken)

What's the verdict on this game. Battle of the basement. Two teams in , one team out, who's gonna be 0-3

....looks like the punt return experiment continues. What are the odds on another turnover on Punt team? I mean they are 2/2. Can they go 3/3?

How bad are the Lions? and What's their problem, besides the bloom coming off the rose on jackson, and the other guy being hurt more than Matt Dunnigan?

Comment Posted by Go DP!!!!!!! Jul 08, 2008 09:34 AM

BC 20 Bombers 19

Comment Posted by mike_laping Jul 08, 2008 09:36 AM

It doesn't help that that the punter is only 5'6 and he can't seem to catch the snap!

What does help if Uncle Milty comes back into the fold.

Comment Posted by Jyuen Jul 08, 2008 10:07 AM

Glenn had his chance, I say start Dinwiddie in th efirst half and see what he does for the offense. Pre-season games as far as I am concerned Dinwiddie came out looking like a star compared to what Glenn could muster.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 08, 2008 10:37 AM

I agree with both you're points. Milt will help, but Glenn still throws up crap. and Jyuen, I totally agree. Actually based on camp Dimwitty, should be the starter. He threw downfield, he scrambled, plus he led the team to TDs. He looked sharp, had some courage, and could give us a spark. If we lose, we'll probably see him in BC. (where the Bombers will get destroyed)

Glenn must have pictures of Berry from Touchdown Manitoba last year in TO. I mean why doesn't Berry pull the guy. Zero first downs in the 1st quarter? Man the Woman's division does better than that! OK, most team in the WTFL do better than that. (OK Nerf step up!):)

Hey DP,I like your prediction. I'll go out on a limb and say Bombers will score 3 offensive Tds (the odds have to be with that happening!) I just don't know about BC? They really are an enigma.

Bomber fans and optimists might just say Glenn and the O are rusty. I would give agreement to that. Doug Brown said they woke up in the 2nd half, and that's more like the team we expected. I hope so. Jimmy what's going on?

Unfortunately, I was partying at our Assassins 30th Anniversary Re-union Golf tournament dinner,and while the game was on,way too much socializing was going on. So I am a little ignorant on BC's state. I do know that Sask's backup QB beat them, so that has to be cause for concern.

So who's got more problems? Wpg?... at least we believe, will get solved once some injured guys return. Is BC worse? I mean who can win a game for them? Nobody?

Somebody have the lowdown on BC?

and again, When is Hooters going to open? Maybe somebody from Hooters can post an answer. (I drove by there and theylook like they are a year away). What a bunch of (as Glenn Dyck would say) dopes!

Hey how's the safety position workingout? Did Nugent pitcha "no-hitter" or did he have some sticks?

How about # 3 Is that marlborough or malveaux? Anyway, beaten again, the same way, time and time and time again? Jim is it true his nickname is "smokey"

Comment Posted by cobras63 Jul 08, 2008 11:06 AM

#3 Malbrough. Malveaux is #27

Comment Posted by silver fox Jul 08, 2008 01:36 PM

Just keep the faith guys. Its only 2 games...

Who won the Super Bowl last year? That's right it was the Giants.

Check their record after 2 games. Can you say " 0 and 2"? They wanted their coach fired, Eli was no good, yatta, yatta, yatta.

That's all I'm gonna say.

Comment Posted by mel Jul 08, 2008 05:08 PM

Hamilton started 0-2 last year as well and then lost many more after that. And Glenn is no Eli Manning. Lets see what happens against B.C.

Comment Posted by silver fox Jul 09, 2008 03:43 AM

So now Eli Manning is the salt of the earth....

Interesting how things can change quickly, isn't it?

Comment Posted by mike_laping Jul 09, 2008 06:35 AM

Well Milty isn't ready to go on Friday but I still think we should be fine.

Glenn isn't our major issue at this point. I think we need to find a way to get Charlie the ball a few more times and make some plays on defence.

The front 4 isn't getting the pressure they did last year. I think on some downs it's time to start sending 5 or in some cases 6 to try and screw up some timing and get some much needed sacks.

Last thing they need to start plying 4 quarters of football! One half is not going to win you many games in this league.

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Jul 09, 2008 06:38 AM

Why can't the whole team just suck? It's not just Glenn's fault, maybe the big blue can't get it done.

It took the riders 3 QBs to beat BC last week, maybe the bombers should try the same.

Comment Posted by mike_laping Jul 10, 2008 05:36 AM

maybe you should go play in the North Hampton League Marcus!

Comment Posted by spider Jul 10, 2008 07:23 PM

OK this is getting really funny.

Just finished watching the Esks/To game.

Do you realize the only team TO beat was us! and everybody killed TO, except us. Teams have rushed for 500 yards against TO and what did we get 79?

Then in the previous game (Thursday), Calgary's pass rush kills Cavillo. What he doesn't have that quick release anymore? I'm thinking Toronto has more problems than Wpg., but we lost to them!!! What does that say?

It could be ugly tonite....Anyone want to go to theFolk Festival instead?

Comment Posted by cobras63 Jul 11, 2008 05:09 AM

Not quite a fair comparison. We played them in Week 1; we're up to Week 3. Teams have begun to find themselves, get used to what Toronto was doing, had a good day...

Now, if we begin to lose to Toronto every time, then it's fair to say we're not as good as Toronto.

Comment Posted by seanbest Jul 11, 2008 05:48 AM

Not the punters fault he can't catch. He's not supposed to be a punter. We had an AWESOME punter named Munroe in training camp, but we had to cut him in favour of that drama-queen O'Mahoney. Now O'Mahoney is nursing his toe and now Serna has to do O'Mahoney's job. Just cut O'Mahoney already! He's not even that good when he plays! Get a REAL punter and the Bombers will stand a chance.

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Jul 11, 2008 06:49 AM

Get a real offense. Punting is for losers anyway.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 11, 2008 06:49 AM

Can't cut a guy on I.R.
Monroe was American. Can't keep two Americans as kickers....buthey wait...why not?He was more of a weapon than pop gun Pete...er Glenn

You can bet they would like to though.

Cobra 3 I hope you are wearing a helmut. What do you need things to fall on your head before you realize something?

I like your faith though. Is this really the Bomber Head Coach Chuck Berry? The only reason Toronto won was because they put Bishop in.

Joseph is OK if he plays conservative, and can get outside. But make him throw? Game over ...Bishop has the strongest arm....

Toronto would be nutz to let him go.

Comment Posted by cobras63 Jul 11, 2008 08:12 AM

Spider,
So, you're telling me that there is no difference in cohesion or effectiveness between Week 1 and Week 3? Maybe you need the helmut...

I'm not marking out for Glenn, making excuses and all that. I'm just saying it's not always just the QB's fault.

I think Bishop would be nutz to stay; too many lies told to him by the Argos' head office.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 11, 2008 08:28 AM

Well there should be if you're just rusty. Sure.

However, when you have a chronic problem, and it hasn't gotten any better....I hope Glenn lights it up. Like I said though, he can't move, he can't see.

How come Dim witty looked so good, with the same team. Yeah granted they playd against different caliber of players when they were in, but, eventually they both played against the opponents staters, and you know who looked better.

Yes poor Bishop has been f'ed around in the most incredulous way. That's what happens when "owners" make player personnel decisions.

Geez the Argos were on route to having a good team, now they have no receivers, no backs and no QB. Plus O'Shea should have retired. 500 yards against in two games,? Oh and I am sure that crepp-o Beli is probably taking himself out of run lanes as well. They have problems in TO.

Go Bombers! if not, maybe Marshall will get his opportunity tobe a Head Coach?

Jimmy when will we sign Keith Stokes?

Comment Posted by spider Jul 11, 2008 07:46 PM

eeeeyyysssshh!

Wasn't that fun? Do know Glenn isn't the answer. Don't know if Dimwitty is, but 4 completions for 86 yards.???!!!and we pay that guy to do that????

OK let's fix this crap right now.

1.) screw this 6 receiver set. Does Chalie line up at WR scare anybody?
2.) We need a full back. Go find one.
3.) Defensively, The secondary is a joke. Has been for three years
4.) What's the diff between last year and this year's defense?
two words: Bolden and Hebert.
Defensively, if you have two playmakers in the secondary, then the other schmegs M and M can survive (maybe)
5.) Hebert was a headhunter and brought the lumber. Receivers knew there were certain areas not to run a pattern in, (deep hook /curl, short posts)as Hebert would threaten your livelihood. Plus the guy had"IT" and was a leader.
6.) Bolden, while out of shape, was so intimidating, no one threw his way. When they did, he managed to make a couple plays which heightened his "legend" Plus the guy had "IT" and was a leader. The team rallied to Juron.
7.) So that left M and M and one corner. They survived. Now...one has to go. Taman, how long you been here, and what have you brought us?
8.) Everyone knows that a defense doesn't cover everything. However, the Bombers don't cover anything. Quit screwing around. Get that American headhunter, and that will take away 1/3 of the field.
9.) If I am the GM, screw the salary cap (so I lose a Canadian draft choice)go get Bolden, hire a personal trainer, and get him in the line up when he is ready.
10.) Is Scott Coe any good? Bring him in. He's a ratio breaker. That frees up an American at Safety. Carleton and who is the other guy, haven't made a play in two years. Sorry, but being American and being only "steady" doesn't do it. One has to go.
11.) depending on the D philosophy that safety can either bring the heat, but better yet let the burn boys (M and M) funnel stuff deep his way and let the new fast American football player safety go get the ball.

What we have back there is an accident waiting to happen. He (Nugent) hit Clermont (by accident as he stumbled into him) and almost broke both their necks.
12.) Get Westwood back. At least his punts looked like punts. Plus he was a convenient scapegoat.

OK who do they play next?
(gasp!)

Comment Posted by nomads Jul 13, 2008 06:40 PM

Darrell: Shouldn't you be the coach. I like your insights. And your number 12 made me chuckle.
Glen

Comment Posted by spider Jul 13, 2008 06:47 PM

I want to be the guard end and tackle that Mel was. I will guard the water,sit at the end of the bench and tackle anyone who comes near it.

My observations are too obvious. (Maybe the Coe one is insightful..if he can still, (did he ever) be able to play.)

45-10 in BC, for BC.

How does Coach Marshall sound?

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com