Forums » General » Question about Stadium game fees ?

Messages for Question about Stadium game fees ?

Comment Posted by mel Jul 13, 2008 05:25 PM

At the beginning of the season all teams were told that if they wanted a stadium game that $175 had to be paid at time of registration along with all other fees. If no money was submitted for a stadium game at time of registration that meant No Stadium Game. I'm a little concerned why teams were being offered stadium slots as recently as July 8th and for only $150. Why would the 10 teams that paid their stadium fees back in April be collectively paying $50 a game more than the 2 slots that were offered on July 8th. Why do we have rules for if the are disregarded ? If you were successful in attracting more teams at $150 each for the two open slots you would have had 10 teams asking for $25 refunds. Everyone should be paying the same price in fairness.

Mel

Comment Posted by nomads Jul 13, 2008 06:35 PM

Mel: Seeing as how you and I are the only ones up at this time I'm going to take a shot an an explanation. They may have been ball parking the number $175 because they weren't sure of the exact numbers. Another explanation would be that Darrell has waived his commission.And the third explanation is that one of the monkey's was in charge.
Glen

Comment Posted by mel Jul 13, 2008 07:12 PM

Maybe this is a fire sale. Remember that Grey Cup the Bombers hosted when tickets weren't moving. They suddenly slashed the prices of the end zone seats only days before the Grey Cup to put more fannies in the seats. The poor suckers that paid full price for their tickets must have been really peeved. This was not fair to all those that had paid full price. A good question. How much do we pay to rent the stadium for July 19th ? If 7 slots were filled rather than only 5 would that have brought down the price for each team ? So far we have $350 x 5 games = 1750 dollars collected for July 19th. What ya figure Glen ?

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com