Forums » General » Question about playoff eligibility

Messages for Question about playoff eligibility

Comment Posted by seanbest Jul 14, 2008 04:31 PM

Is there a minimum number of games a player needs to have played with the team during the regular season to be eligible to play in the playoffs?

Comment Posted by duhard Jul 14, 2008 06:02 PM

Only if that player is an upper division player, and in that case, they need to have played half of the total games before playoffs. All players do need to be on the roster before August 15th to qualify for playoffs though.

Comment Posted by seanbest Jul 14, 2008 08:32 PM

Awesome, thanks.

Comment Posted by andy21 Jul 16, 2008 08:29 AM

Is this playoff eligibility rule new for 2008 ?. Last year we were told that a player had to play a minimum of 50% of their teams games regardless of whether they played for another team in a higher division. This info. was given to us by a head referee at one of our games last summer.

If I understand correctly, if my team has no players in any of the higher divisions then all the player needs to do is to be on the official team roster by August 15th?

Can one of the exec. please confirm.

thanks

Comment Posted by spider Jul 16, 2008 10:41 AM

Ms. Duhard's post explains it.

Any questions give me a call or email. Hope that clarifies it.

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Jul 16, 2008 10:45 AM

Same rule as always, Aug 15th everybody has to be on a roster. That's it for playoffs.

If you also play on an upper div team, then you must do the above and also play 1/2 of the season with your lower div team(s).

I'm not on the exec, but I know that rule is somewhere on this website.

Comment Posted by seanbest Jul 18, 2008 10:36 AM

One more quick question...

In the event that we are getting a new player (prior to Aug. 15th), does "on the roster" mean that he has to be on our teams roster on the website? Or do we need to get him to fill out a form and send it in before he is eligible to be considered on the roster??

Thanks. Just trying to make sure we'll have enough guys show up for our playoff game, as a bunch of teammates have a wedding to attend.

Sean

Comment Posted by spider Jul 18, 2008 08:43 PM

Hmmmm. That's actually 2 questions.....

I thought this was straight forward.....Let's see if I can clarify:

I do believe, It's the same as it has always been since we had rosters on the website.

1.) The guy can't play any games without having his insurance waiver in, period. That has to be done RIGHT NOW! You mail it to the PO Box # for the.

2.) From an admin point of view and as one of the guys going to sit down and check the 800 waivers,this guy better be in the pile. No waiver, and if he has played.... YOU WILL LOSE all those games he ilegally played in!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.) Your guys should be on the website roster, for two or three reasons. One, so we can get him stats, two so we can verify there should be a waiver, for him, and he is registered,and three so teams can see who is on what roster.

You may ask, if he is not on the website, who will know.? Well he will be on the game card, and if all three don't add up, defaults will occur, by the Playoffs. Now,no one in the 35 year history of the league has used unregistered players in the play-offs. Ok it did happen,once, and that team was kicked out of the play-offs, after their first round victory!

Team reps will be notified of who is not eligible/eligible, at the latest, the week prior to the playoffs. The exec will be tabulating the waivers and rosters starting immediately, and will have a pre-liminary report by August 18th. Teams will be informed @ Sept 10.

That's about it.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com