Forums » General » July 18th Trivia Question # 4

Messages for July 18th Trivia Question # 4

Comment Posted by spider Jul 18, 2008 06:33 AM

Q # 4
She is "the only one" currently playing in the WTFL Woman's division, who played that very first year in 1986? and had played every year since woman's ball has had a representative.(some years there was no league but a team formed to go to Regina)
Who is she?

Comment Posted by lmitchnik Jul 18, 2008 07:00 AM

My guess would be Adele K. (She doesn't look old enough to have played in '86).

Leslie

Comment Posted by spider Jul 18, 2008 07:41 AM

A wonderful guess! That would have made her 8 years old!!!

Adele has indeed played many years throughout the woman's div/league history,however, based on my research, not that first year. Adele, besides being probably the best all-round woman touch football player in the 'Peg, does make wonderful cookies, and should she ever choose to go into business selling them,she would rival our cup cake guy Derrick Godfrey, over at the CupCake Guys.

Hey Derrick we have a meeting tonite at CanadInns Fort Garry. On your way to your game you might want to remember some of your exec alumni. (starts at 6:30):)

Comment Posted by mbender Jul 18, 2008 08:23 AM

Teresa Morden

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Jul 18, 2008 09:01 AM

Patti Phillips

Comment Posted by spider Jul 18, 2008 09:03 AM

"Burn't by Bender" has the correct answer...Marty's backkkkkk!

You are correct! "T" started playing for the Heartbreakers that very first year, and has continued playing through the ages..er last few years(sorry bout that) Her Heartbreaker team eventually merged /folded and she bacame a "Lady Mustang," when that organization sponsored Touch Football as part of their Football family.

T, I do believe also played for "out of province teams" at various tournaments, if MB wasn't involved. Currently, T is the team rep of the Wildcats, who also won one of the last 3 league Championships.

T also coaches her sons flag team,and also participated in the Woman's Flag league started by Football Manitoba last year. Like Adele, Teresa, is also a wonderful baker, and I can say I truly look forward to the Regina Labour Day Classic Touch tournament, where T supplies us refs, with fresh, hot Timmies coffee, during that 1st 8:30am game on Sunday, after copius (I don't know what that means but Brad always says it) amounts of spirits the night before. There is not a better site, that Teresa, approaching the field carrying those coffees. Of course they become special coffees shortly after arriving, but then that makes them all the more welcoming.

Adele and T also play for the Assassins Legends Indoor team,where they won the Championship last year as well.

Congratulations Marty!

Hey alriiiight, I stumped the league for a new record of almost 2 hours. Tomorrow will beeven better....

OK, next question....(sounds like off the record...)....

This one will involve nicknames of famous or infamous recent/current players, and will be a multi-answer question.(so as to test the true trivial knowledge of all of us who have too much time on our hands)

Note: Saturday's question will appear around 9:30 - 10:00 (as I ref at 11:00)

The score:

"ACL" Chaput 1, Maniac" I ain't Mel" 08 1, MJ 1, MBender 1.

MJ, where's the scoreboard?
Wayne, "What's the exact score?"

Comment Posted by spider Jul 18, 2008 09:13 AM

Double 00,

That's actually a great answer. Patti, may also have played that very first year for Crimson Tide, I do believe. However, I don't think she has played as many years (tournament teams)as T did. I will have my research assistant get on that however, and getback to you.

Patti is currently playing as a "Player Coach," for the Iron Maidens. As a member of the Crimson Tide,Patti led her team to a number of league Champonships, and competed at the Nationals. Patti played QB, or halfback for the tide,whenever Cheryl Kristianson, played QB. Coached by my former teammate, Charles H. Posthumous, currently a municipal councillor for the municipality of St. Paul. Chuck recently played in the Assassins 30th re-union game, where he starred in leading the old guys to a432-14 victory over the current squad. Crimson Tide was always a fore to be reckoned with, as they almost always were in the Championship Final vs. the hated Wasps, and often represented Manitoba at Touch Bowl!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com