Forums » General » 0-18

Messages for 0-18

Comment Posted by spider Jul 18, 2008 08:56 PM

Is it possible? 0-18

What a sad day for Bomber fans. This time we should have won.

Now anyone who dares complain about WTFL officiating better have their head examined.

1.) The crossing pattern to Armstrong, and Banks literally tugs Armstrong away from the ball,then grabs it and runs in for the TD. What was Armstrong doing? Was he hungover? That would not have been a tag in Touch Football! The Refs missed the tug though. That was Pass I .

2.) The "Corner" to Franklin. Banks again literally pushes him, and then trips him, and intercepts the ball. That was rediculous. None of the WTFL refs would have missed that double foul. Although Jockless Climie did.

So the Bombers played good enough to beat BC. Period. Talk about a black cloud.

However, it still doesn't excuse the fact that poor Kevin Glenn, just can't do it. He can't move. It's sad, but injuries at that level end careers. Looks like Glenn is done.
What did we have 9 first downs this game??? Again that's the first series in a touch game!!

Now, from the bad to worse file, Baron Simpson gos down with Ike Carlton. Looks like Bombers will have a built in excuse for this season.The year of the injury.

Taman will finally be gone. How do they audition DBs? Is it a pre-requisite that you can get beat deep repeatedly? Did you see the clown who fell down? Again, not even in touch game.

Another 500+ yards against the D.

Yikes. This has quickly deteiorated into a mess. OK... Phoenix Cardinals single game tix go on sale July 27...who's in. At least they have a Bolden!!!

Anyone want to buy a Bomber ticket Row 47,seat 6 Section U

Comment Posted by andy21 Jul 21, 2008 08:00 AM

MMMM... 0 - 18 might be a bit of a stretch but considering the Bombers are AVERAGING 7 Points in the first half of each game thus far... a 4 or 5 win season might be all we can hope to attain. Glenn is obviously not the same player who threw for 5,000 yards last year and getting behind early in the games has taken Roberts out of the offense. Our receiver core is solid even without #85. Johnson and Bryant have done a good job this season. The defense continues to take a beating which isn't a shock when their on the field for 40 + minutes per game.

So who can the Bombers beat this season?

We're done with B.C. so the answer is no.

Sask. or Calgary ? Both with very good offenses so scoring against the Bombers should be no problem. A win in the Banjo Bowl is a big fat maybe at best.

Montreal : If AC stays healthy then one win against the Montreal is a possibility (remote at that)

Edmonton : Weak defense but offense has shown it can score points and they did beat the Stamps. A split maybe?

Toronto : Joseph is starting to find his groove even though it was against the Esks. However, both teams put up over 30 points which is something the Bombers haven't had a sniff at. Coming close against Montreal & B.C. don't count as their defenses were in garbage points mode having had huge leads. One win out of 3 left with Toronto is something the Bombers can look forward to.

Hamilton : If Printers ever gets on track and Lumsden stays healthy they are a team NOT to be taken lightly.

Bombers have 3 games against Hamilton : We won't sweep them but might win 2 out of 3.

Beating Montreal, Edmonton & Toronto once and Hamilton twice makes 5 wins.

Also, finishing 3rd in the East won't garner a playoff spot this year. B.C. - SASK - CALGARY could easily each win 10 games this year. Bombers would need to go at least 10-4 until the end of the season. Not bloody likely.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 21, 2008 11:13 AM

Andy,

Great analysis.

That was the most honest and credible summation of the what has been and what may be. What's with the Free Press? They aren't saying a word. I guess they have to be positive , as a corporate partner, but Geez, someone step up and give us something to talk about.

I liked your analysis and potential mapping of "winablegames."

I'll add that maybe some of the other teams will run into injuries, and maybe we can bounce back.

I'll also go a little goofy and add that, the Bombers actually played "their"
game in BC. They showed signs of life. AND for the first time Glenn played OK.

Now I will never blame a loss on the refs, but did anyone see the two Pass I's against Banks? If I am correct and those were missed calls, the Blue would have gone on to victory, despite Glenn's sorry stats.(lack of TDs)

Not sure why the D can't stop the run though. Although Simpson either over ran stuff(like in earlier games) or he whiffed on tackles. Maybe he's not in shape? I find that hard to believe,but.....?

The odds are with us(to win) plus Calgary isn't a powerhouse when they come here.
Although their Offense is lighting it up like never before.

I've never had a concussion, but I'll go out on a limb and predict the Blue, in a close one. 30-24 (Let's hope I don't have to leave at the 3rd quarter mark like last game!)

Glen are you going to be up there?

Comment Posted by andy21 Jul 22, 2008 04:56 AM

Points Taken. If some teams run into injury problems (the Bombers have already have their fair share) we can indeed bounce back. The non call on Banks/Franklin was a joke. How the back judge couldn't see it is beyond comprehension. Any of OUR refs. would have caught that easy.

Hopefully we can win one for Dinwiddie on Thursday. I'll leave my official SAINTS paper bag at home for another week but it's ready if this streak continues.

One thing for sure, if Dinwiddie leads us to victory on Thursday Kevin Glenn better get used to riding the pine.

GO BOMBERS.

Comment Posted by gordon Jul 22, 2008 05:45 PM

Charlton has been cleared to play Thursday...a little good news at least. The Din can win!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com