Forums » General » Bombers vs. Stamps July 24, 2008

Messages for Bombers vs. Stamps July 24, 2008

Comment Posted by spider Jul 23, 2008 11:08 AM

Well what's the scoop?

Only Simpson out,Beans out Who's playing for bean? That Amos guy?
Khan back in, Dimwittie in,

Who's going to win?

Well, I must be outa my mind, but I say Bombers. No real rational here just a gut feeling. Of course that could be coleslaw reacting, but......

Naw, I think they played well enough to win last week in BC, and they can't be as bad as 0-18? I mean they have to beat someone.

Plus Calgary is probably full of themselves and are taking the Bombers lightly. Wouldn't you? Calgary has one of the best passing attacks, and the Bombers are sieves on defence vs. the pass. etc. Plus they lost one of their character guys in Simpson. Should be a cakewalk?

But Nope, I think the Bombers will rise up. After all it's the annual folk-la-rama halftime show game, and the Bombers always win those games.

What do you think?

Comment Posted by Avengerman Jul 23, 2008 12:53 PM

The Bombers should bring in the Folk-la-rama Llama in to return kicks.

Bombers by 80 points.

Comment Posted by the ryan Jul 23, 2008 01:33 PM

coleslaw bad. Llamas good.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 23, 2008 04:46 PM

I hear the Lam -ah is a doll.

Comment Posted by Nolby Jul 23, 2008 05:05 PM

Bombers 24 stamps 19

Comment Posted by Shadrack Jul 24, 2008 08:34 AM

Stamps 44
Bombers 17

Comment Posted by jeff_h Jul 24, 2008 06:14 PM

Amos had an amazing game...pretty much locked down Rambo the entire game..only got beat once or twice that I can remember

Comment Posted by spider Jul 24, 2008 06:59 PM

Yo! Gotta have it... wait a minute? Gotta luv it! Go Krevco! (It wasn't the coleslaw!!)

Comment Posted by Go DP!!!!!!! Jul 24, 2008 07:05 PM

Nolby's prediction was almost right on for spread

wow! what a game! can you believe Dinwiddie in the last minute???? no fear........the new darknight of winnipeg

Comment Posted by spider Jul 25, 2008 03:37 AM

Yeah man that was an awesome game.

Dimwhittie must have been a "touch" QB some where down the line. He looked like a young Jim Bell out there. However, Dimwhitte had less pressure.

The Offensive line was outstanding. Did Dimwhittie even get touched? (maybe once??? there was that roughing the passer call).....

Finally, a great evening at the ball park. Anyone else enjoy the game?

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Jul 25, 2008 04:21 AM

The offensive line was outstanding as far as pass blocking goes but what about opening a hole for that little scat back of ours Roberts? We gotta get that goin...197 yds total rushing in 5 games..huh?

Comment Posted by jeff_h Jul 25, 2008 04:31 AM

oh yeah! helluva game! O-line had great pass protection all game..opening holes for charlie was another story though..I thought the defence was damn good

Comment Posted by Shadrack Jul 25, 2008 06:31 AM

Pulling crow feathers out of my mouth today. Was a very entertaining game.
Couple things though.
Why did the stamps only rush 3 guys all night?
Why were the bomber receivers so wide open?
Is it just me or does Dinwidd throw a wounded duck most of the time. His deep balls were never on the hands in stride, always having to be fought for. Great game by the receivers for sure, but I don't think that the QB had as much to do with it except for his quick reads.
Beauty pass on the last TD. That ball was perfect.
Will remain to be seen whether this is the beginning of something. Still think Glenn will be the QB at the end.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 25, 2008 06:52 AM

Geez Al,

There is no pleasing You!

Here is why the Bombers won. Plain and simple.

Dimwitty can elude the rush/step up in the pocket/beat the first guy when pressured. Glenn could not do that. Plus he's a gamer! I mean he was one pass a way from winning the Grey Cup, in his first ever start. He had to be shittin himself in that game and still almost pulled it out.

Also Dimwitty looked good as Calgary was beaten by Bomber receivers as they were in Man lots of time. He didn't hit receiver's in stride??? Huh?

You are right, on the last pass it was perfect. Most of his balls were perfect. He threw that ball away from coverage, where only the receiver could get it. He missed one earlier in the game, b/c the receiver couldn't get there quick enough.(sideline out)

Glenn is done. He'll be released by the "veteran" deadline, if not moved sooner. That August knee injury finished him last year. It's been a downward slide ever since. Pro Sports sucks. That contract is an anchor,and he has bigger braces than Ironside had metal in his chair!!!.

Get used to Dimwitty chuckin for 400 yds a night.
Running game needs a FB or a TE to get some yards. Charlie can still do it (screen pass), but he can't beat 4 guys at once as there is just no room. Fun game though.

Did you see the quote in the Free pres today regarding Calgary's pasing game? It is outstanding,

Calgary has "Weapons of Pass destruction!" That's a great summation of what Burris and company can do. Our D played prety good against the best O in the land.

Next week is TO, lots of Zone. We have defenced Joseph well despite the losses. We'll need a totally different game plan against TO so Dimwitty's stats should be less gaudy.

Go Blue!

Comment Posted by Long Island Ice-T Jul 25, 2008 07:15 AM

I believe Dinwiddie was the most effcient passser in Div 1 football for a reason. He put a lot balls in some very nice spots. Kudos to the recievers for making some sick catches. I knew I was gonna regret not going to that game when Berry announced Dinwiddie as the starter. Give RD some time and he'll be hitting those recievers in stride. Gotta give Berry huge credit for going for the win on that last play...no room for playing safe there...great call. Spider is right on when he said that RD can elude the rush from that first wave. That allows the playmakers some extra time to get open.

As far as Roberts goes, gotta get that guy in the flat for some screens and check downs. The man needs space.

Comment Posted by mike_laping Jul 25, 2008 07:26 AM

Dinwiddie will be the Tony Romo of the CFL.....mark my words!

Comment Posted by Go DP!!!!!!! Jul 25, 2008 11:44 AM

"Dinwiddie will be the Tony Romo of the CFL.....mark my words!"

does this mean he'll start going out with Shania Twain? and then he won't be able to concentrate on the game if Shania's in the stands?

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com