Forums » General » Is Julie Riel necessary?

Messages for Is Julie Riel necessary?

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Jul 24, 2008 05:00 AM

The field at Julie Riel is garbage and an injury waiting to happen. However, the rest of the WTFL fields are pretty good, probably some of the best in years. HS Paul last night was in good shape and had nice kickass lines on it.

So my question is, do we have enough fields so that we can move games out of Julie Riel? If we do, then I think they should be moved.

Not convinced?

1) Julie Riel isn't even close to being regulation size
2) If you are defending the south endzone, your rusher is getting a fantastic workout running uphill. It makes Walter Payton proud.
3) If you are trying to score in the south endzone, you might want to strap a GPS device on your receivers, especially if you want to run them on corner routes, otherwise you won't be able to find them.
4) There is a manhole cover right after the dead ball line in the south endzone.
5) It's never lined or at least never lined when I'm reffing there.
6) I have to play there tomorrow and I don't want to. Give the baby his bottle.

Now of course if we are totally tapped out and this is the best we got, then ignore my complaining. Julie Riel is awesome! I can't wait to play there!

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Jul 24, 2008 05:42 AM

And to add to that, I know getting fields is a huge pain in the ass, I'm not trashing the effort here. I know the city screws us because of soccer and all that. But I think the other fields we have are great, so if we can move the Julie riel games to one of them (if space provides) then lets do it.

Comment Posted by Byatch Jul 24, 2008 09:42 AM

I totally agree.

You forgot to mention the 2ft deep potholes along the sidelines. This field is a mess.

Thurston

Comment Posted by mel Jul 28, 2008 06:25 PM

Marc it looked like you didn't mind Julie Riel too much last Friday. Ouch. You played an outstanding game. You guys should request to play all your games there by the way your team played. Just kidding. That is a pretty bad field and lets just hope no one gets a serious injury because of it.

Comment Posted by nomads Jul 28, 2008 06:42 PM

Actually now that I'm thinking about it both Marc and Brett look like cartoon characters. A cross between Porky Pig and Mortimor Snerd.
Glen

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Jul 28, 2008 06:56 PM

Oh come on glen, you don't actually *think* about anything.

You remind me of Jim Lahey.

Comment Posted by cobras63 Jul 28, 2008 07:05 PM

I've played on worse, but not by much. There was a field at Maples Collegiate that had what I can only assume to be a giant chunk of bedrock showing through the grass in various places. That was a dream to try to run on.

Like you said, though, the City likes soccer, so we get the shaft. Kinda makes you pine for Regina, eh Marcus?

Comment Posted by nomads Jul 29, 2008 03:50 PM

If you think I'm lying. Click on his name and behold a Dufus.
Glen

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Jul 30, 2008 07:46 PM

Easy Glen, you're cuttin deep.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com