Forums » General » Trivia Question # 13, July 27

Messages for Trivia Question # 13, July 27

Comment Posted by spider Jul 27, 2008 06:46 AM

They came, they saw, they conquered. Yes, they were the hosts of the WTFL's/WCTFL's weekly television show. Who were they, and what was the show called?

Comment Posted by mbender Jul 27, 2008 06:58 AM

Ed Markowski and Jim Bell and was it called Touch Beat?

Comment Posted by spider Jul 27, 2008 07:04 AM

OOOOOOHHHH So close..Nope!

Comment Posted by lmitchnik Jul 27, 2008 04:45 PM

Ed Markowski and Darrell Mazer, Touch Beat

Comment Posted by Avengerman Jul 27, 2008 06:18 PM

Ed Markowski and Blue Sweats Guy....Err I mean Cliff Kitchen and Touch Beat was the name.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 27, 2008 07:50 PM

Avengerman has the correct answer. Good try Les! I Indeed was the for runner,and hosted a previous WCTFL show, with a group of other play by play and colour commetators. I'll save that for a later trivia question.

The last Touch Beat show, has now achieved "cult" status. Probably planned as much to do so at the time, the boys left us with what not only turned out to be a season "finale" but also a series finale.

Much in vogue in the '90's were the season ending "Cliff" hangers....and the boys last show.......while not quite literally a "cliffhanger" did have the same result for one of it's stars.

I am not sure about you, but I think it's time a "movie" version was completed to provide closure for the Winnipeg Touch Football audience. What do ya say boys?

Sort of a Wayne's World meets (what's that one where those two guys prop up their dead friend, and a party goes on, and no one notices the guy is dead,..everyone just thinks he is passed out drunk?)?????

How about it boys?

Comment Posted by Avengerman Jul 28, 2008 04:23 AM

Weekend at bernie's

Comment Posted by spider Jul 28, 2008 05:16 AM

That's the one!!!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com