Forums » General » July 28, Trivia Question number 14

Messages for July 28, Trivia Question number 14

Comment Posted by spider Jul 28, 2008 06:27 AM

This guy and his company was the first major Sponsor of the WTFL All-Star game. Who is he?

Comment Posted by Long Island Ice-T Jul 28, 2008 07:01 AM

Brian McKnight/Amici's?????

Comment Posted by Byatch Jul 28, 2008 07:37 AM

Uhemmm...that would be Amici. No s. But I don't think so.

What about Don Carson-Bowflex??

Comment Posted by spider Jul 28, 2008 08:16 AM

Brian and Amici are a huge significant sponsor indeed, however, not the "initial" "bar setter," as this man is/was.

(Bowflex has never sponsored the WTFL)

Comment Posted by Long Island Ice-T Jul 28, 2008 09:13 AM

Who runs HooterS????

Comment Posted by spider Jul 28, 2008 09:37 AM

Avengers run the shoe? Scott McArthur? Jon Franklin? Dr. Saran???
Rick Downie, Jill? Cindy? Brad Kelm?

Hooters's are a significant "sponsor" but basically they match what we spend, so I wouldn't call that pure loving donating sponsoring, as our main man does! Plus they came in after our main man.

THE main man is a playa in the league....has been for many many many years. He also sponsors a CJOB contest at Bomber Games........

Kirb I am giving this away......it's paining me....causing damage to the "body"....I might have to take it to the "shop" where i might havesome cereal by the Captain, and a Nestle's chocolate bar......Is this XMAS???? I am giving gifts away here????!!!! Kirby..Oh brother!!!!! I might have to jump into oneof those Krevco whirlpools, before a Hurricane comes along!!!!!

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Jul 28, 2008 10:11 AM

Rod at Maaco!

Ooops!

Comment Posted by spider Jul 28, 2008 10:36 AM

You are, as always, once again, oh wise one, correct.

Rod has been playing in the league a long time, and is a tremendous friend to Touch football. During those initial years of theAll-Star game, Rod wonderfully offered to provide funding for one of the very first WTFL All-Star game contests and,that first year, basically funded the entire prize amounts for the game.

Since then, the league has used Rod's initial sponsorship, as the "measuring stick" to acquire more sponsors/event, and other activities associated with the game.

This years game has been moved back to the Oct. 18th weekend, following the Elite Final at CanadInns stadium.

JaRule I do believe you now have the lead in the trivia contest with two victories to the other 12 question winners. (I have one-.... Kasali's dad's NFL team and his Dads name. And speaking of which, K's Mom and lil bro, were in town this past week. It was great meeting you. K celebrated by scoring a TD and snagging a Pass interception in his teams decisive victory last night.)

Ja Rule takes the lead in the standings to reach the top ten play-off for the trip to.....

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com