Forums » General » Paul How's that spreading the ball around working out?

Messages for Paul How's that spreading the ball around working out?

Comment Posted by nomads Jul 30, 2008 06:37 PM

Paul: How's that spreading the ball around working out for you. I think you could have made a HUGE mistake.
Glen

Comment Posted by Long Island Ice-T Jul 31, 2008 01:46 AM

stay tuned.

Comment Posted by nomads Jul 31, 2008 04:01 AM

I don't think I have a big enough antenna.
Glen

Comment Posted by Avengerman Jul 31, 2008 10:32 AM

Just remember Glen, we didn't quit on you, you quit on us.

Check the roster.

Damian

Comment Posted by nomads Jul 31, 2008 04:23 PM

Damian: Now your getting tough. As a captain you should have been tough on those dweebs and not try and play Mr nice guy. Don't let the dweebs tell Marty any of their cocamamie ideas. Marty knows what he's doing.If you let them you will be looking for a third QB. And yes I did quit. So big deal. Do you honestly think I would waste my time and energy on something as trivial as a 4th division touch football team with cry babies.
Glen

Comment Posted by nomads Jul 31, 2008 07:32 PM

Damian: And for god's sake don't do another assanine review of the team at the end of the year. That is what caused all of the problems. Things like that should be with the guys while having a beer. Not on a public forum. All it does is give ammunition to guys like Paul and Al to feel they are justified in their misguided critisisim.
Glen

Comment Posted by ArthurG#12 Jul 31, 2008 07:55 PM

so u mean the problem wasnt me last season. Try playin for them without even being allowed to call your own plays. ( not a crack at u damian )

just playin, as I know i made it difficult

Arthur Garand

Comment Posted by nomads Aug 01, 2008 03:44 AM

Oh, they didn't tell me that this is their Motus Operandi and that the genuises have a history of this. As I said before get rid of the chaf and you will have a better TEAM.
Glen

Comment Posted by Avengerman Aug 01, 2008 09:22 AM

Last year we did have a merry-go-round at QB.

After our first game our QB of two years quit because of injury.
Me and George filled in for a few games until he found a QB. We found Dave Pereira for our starting QB. He was Fast, mobile with a gun for an arm. Things looked promising until he blew his knee out 6 games later.

This happened during my recovery from the F***HEAD that assulted me. I was away basically for 6 weeks, so I could't throw. By the way the Ass is out of jail now, and still in the city. So watch your pockets and your head.

We needed some help at QB after Dave was injured and Arthur stepped in to help us out. With Arthur being new at QB and could throw 50 yards with ease, and that's what he liked to do. Throw deep!!! That's why we didn't want Arthur calling his own plays all the time. He just needs some time in the lower div's before he could throw in div 3.

Glen we allowed you to call your own plays. Hooks and outs, with the odd post or corner. I didn't want you to quit. You could have just said no, no and I'll try to the suggestions. The "Dweebs" would have been happy.
I thought with you at the helm we had a chance this year. I was disappointed that you quit the team. Hey it's water over the bridge now. Enough with the banter OK.

Keep up the good work with Marcus and Byatch though.

Glen, I'll see you at the football draft in 3 weeks.

Damian

Comment Posted by Byatch Aug 01, 2008 11:05 AM

Well done Damian.

Comment Posted by Shadrack Aug 06, 2008 08:27 AM

Good for you Damian.
Yeah Arthur. You and your years of experience in play calling in touch football should really stay out of this as it isn't your business.
Glen, again, the trouble maker with that comment to Paul. Ask him that to his face big man. At no point does anyone take your side on this stuff. By the way, your wife says the same thing, that you don't have a big enough antennae so you guys are on the same wavelength. Or in your case Glen, waveshort.
Paul and I didn't need ammo to blast you. You give that to us all yourself. Again, you try to stir the pot, but when I get going on you, you seem to hide and disappear. You are an arrogant coward whose day came and went a long long time ago. You now shoot down fourth division? Were you losing games because the guys around you couldn't catch? No, you lost games because you made bad play calling choices, threw a floater air ball, and got picked off so much. It wasn't because of Paul or Damian or George, it was you Glen, you.
You ask the Woodies if I am a team player? You ask them if I need to have the ball all the time? Ask them if I come across as a cry baby? I don't need to have an opinion in the huddle because Marc is a great QB who knows how to pick the proper plays. Even then, he will still take advice on what is open as he can't see the whole field. Now lets check out your reputation.
Don't shoot down the 4th division Glen because you couldn't win there. You think you are high level QB material?
With your decision making, you should be in rec level with people that have no opinions or advice, who will look to you like some long lost football god that rides in on his horse to save the day. Then you could be more than the legend in your own mind.

Comment Posted by Ostar Aug 06, 2008 09:34 AM

Al has to be a team player on our team because we spread the ball around so much and you can ask anybody on our team that if I dont get the ball that I will be the one saying throw me the ball :P Ask Marc and Joey. They will say that the other guys get the balls thrown to them because their fast and have athletic ability but we know that they should all be thrown to me. I run the best routes under 5 yards on the team. I try to tell Marc that he doesn't have the arm to throw deep but he still trys. We will get it sorted out by the end of the year. Our team is a good group of guys and were glad to have Al on it. Just a reminder: Woodys Golf tourny August 30th.... sign up now!!!!

Owen
23 Woodys

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Aug 06, 2008 09:41 AM

Owen, my deep ball is very catchable. Just ask our opponents, they never seem to drop it!

Comment Posted by Ostar Aug 06, 2008 10:03 AM

That is true... when your throw is like a punt all they have to do is fair catch it!

Comment Posted by nomads Aug 06, 2008 05:08 PM

Al: Me thinks thou doth protest too much. The one good thing I accomplished for the Legends is I got rid of you for them. Sorry to hear that your not a real Canadian.(mixed)
Glen

Comment Posted by Shadrack Aug 06, 2008 06:27 PM

Again with the same line. Memory issues Glen. You accomplished nothing. The guys on the Legends actually are sad that this crap went down that was all caused by you. We never had any crap like this before, until you stuck your musty attitude on the team. Not a real Canadian? No Glen, what you are drinking is not a real Canadian, check the label.
What the hell is that supposed to mean loser? You want to make this racial? If so, you are making a big mistake. Giving you fair warning right now.

Comment Posted by nomads Aug 06, 2008 06:41 PM

Your warning is a joke. Do you have a passport?Don't start something you can't finish.
Glen

Comment Posted by Avengerman Aug 07, 2008 04:04 AM

STOP IT NOW YOU TWO!!!!!!
You guys are like like two kids in a school yard.

Comment Posted by PAYNER Aug 07, 2008 05:06 AM

I have one Suggestion
WTFL Celebrity boxing...... Main event Shadrack VS Nomads.
I'll buy the first ticket!

Comment Posted by ArthurG#12 Aug 07, 2008 10:40 AM

Oh Al,
i left all that on the field last season. U found a team that u enjoy playing with and so did I, lets put this behind us and just enjoy playing football old buddy. Sitin around the fire in the back yard drinking some cold ones, those are the memories im keeping lol. Just cause 2 players dont se eye to eye in the huddle doesn't make them bad people. different strokes for different folks as they say.

Good luck this season!

Arthur Garand

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com