Forums » General » Question 18, July 32, 2008 OK Aug 1st

Messages for Question 18, July 32, 2008 OK Aug 1st

Comment Posted by spider Aug 01, 2008 08:11 AM

Whoa, where did July go? (That's not the question of the day)

What/who was the largest family (number of individuals) to play in the WTFL/WCTFL, who were they and name the team they all played for.

Comment Posted by Grizzled Old Vet Aug 01, 2008 08:17 AM

Trent, Trevor, Todd and Troy Westwood for the Mustangs

Comment Posted by Avengerman Aug 01, 2008 08:29 AM

Is it the Kornelsen family and they all played on the Eagles through out the years.
I don't think they go back as far as the WCTFL days.

Damian

Comment Posted by spider Aug 01, 2008 08:36 AM

GOV you are partially correct!

Comment Posted by Avengerman Aug 01, 2008 09:25 AM

The Rouge River Rats???

Comment Posted by spider Aug 01, 2008 11:11 AM

Nope!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaahaaaaahhaaaaaaaaaaa!

Not the Mustangs,Not Ratz, not the Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!aaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaa.

I gotcha!

Troy did play for the Brooklyn Bombers and won the inaugural first ever Three on Three (one on one) contest at the Spring Tournament. But the oldest living former member Lee Benoit was the QB, and Troy played receiver. His cousins didn't all play for the Brooklyn Bombers when he did. They did go onto morph into the Mustangs, but Troy was with the Bombers by then.

But once upon a time, way back when.............,before he went off to college.....

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Aug 01, 2008 04:55 PM

Don't forget Tim!!!!

Comment Posted by spider Aug 01, 2008 05:40 PM

Tim!!!??? Never, He's "Big Bwanna" Coach Westwood, to you BSG. Tim is coaching over here with the St. Vital Mustangs organization.

But,...... there are two other Westwoods we haven't mentioned! One played(Troy's Dad?) I do believe, and the other is/was a world "celebrity"

Who's yo Daddy?? eh, Who's yo Daddy? Watchyou got, Doubble aught?

But who did they all play for, backin the day? It was the new super team of the 80's....

Hey you bringin your 80's compilation to the Pile O Bones tourney? Remember Jodian, brought her exhaustive collection, and Kelmbo was dancin, like a madman, in the room?

Comment Posted by spider Aug 02, 2008 04:03 AM

2 Hours ta go till the Maze gets win # 3.
No one knows the greatest super team of the 80's that Tim, Trent, Todd, Trevor and Troy played for?

Comment Posted by spider Aug 02, 2008 06:12 AM

Santa Fe Express saw, Trevor, Trent, Todd, Tim and Troy Westwood all play. At one time I believe Troy's dad, Terry played a game as well. Troy's famous sister Tara, was a New York model, I do believe.

Sante fe defeated the Combines in the 1982 semi-final, but lost to the Ratz for the second trip to the Nationals. The league paid for all the boys back then to travel by air! Former Winnipeg Rods QB Bill Petrie was the bullet tossing QB, with former Rods receiver Walter Koslowski and QB/LB Bruce Shelest. Garry Kelm and Brad Kelm got their starts playing there as well. Yours truely came over from the Bison Alumni, and was re-united with my HS QB. In two years the team was # 3!!

Troy went off to University, Brad, Garry and I, left for the Assassins a year later, and the team folded a year after that.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com