Forums » General » Aug 5th, 2008, Question # 22

Messages for Aug 5th, 2008, Question # 22

Comment Posted by spider Aug 05, 2008 06:15 AM

Todays question, is another, "who am I" (Aren't they all?)

He was a Winnipeg Blue Bomber Superstar Running back, a while ago. He skipped town to join the Washington Redskins, but then came back to play in the WTFL (Where the pros come to play). He inexplicably joined the Micronauts (Ed, how could that be?) and then finished his WTFL career with the Ratz.

Who am I talking about?

Comment Posted by BigD Aug 05, 2008 06:32 AM

Willard Reaves

Comment Posted by spider Aug 05, 2008 07:00 AM

Aw mang!!!!

How in the heck didya know the answer to that trivial question????? Who is "Big D?"....That's even a better question.....

That's what my girlfriend called ME!!!(for obvious reasons..ahem)But I didn't answer the question (.....Did I???)...Could there be another "Big D" out there???

In any event,as I overcome this traumatic realization, I might add you are correct "BIG D"

In my humble opinion (imho) Pretty good there eh? Mel!! Willard Reeves was the best runing back, the Bombers ever had. Why? Well he was very consistent. I think I remember him always getting positive yards, and many tough yards. To me that allowed the offense to always have 2nd and "reasonable." Many other backs are more spectacular, but few were as consistant as "the Sheriff"

Boy could we use that today.

Mr. Reeves finished his touch career with the Ratz. (The 2nd best team in the history of the WTFL.) I have that last game on tape as it was the Championship Final, between the Rouge Winter Ratz and the Assassins, covered by the broadcast crew of the G.O.V., and the "Silver Bullet" guest announcer Jim "Ringma" Bell.

If you've ever taken a Ref clinic for head refs, that tape, or hilites of it are used to teach the refs.

Well Big D, I am feeling a little deflated, but I am happy for you! Congratulations on your first trivia victory.

Comment Posted by kirby Aug 05, 2008 07:09 AM

drats, I was waiting for this question this morning, but had to step out for a bit, I had a feeling it was going to be regarding Reeves. Too bad you put the Redskins reference in there :)

I remember picking off a pass from Reeves when he dropped into the backfield to throw a deep pass for the Micronauts.

Comment Posted by BigD Aug 05, 2008 07:27 AM

Thanks,
Only reason I remember is that Gord from the Nomads brought me to a playoff game back in 1994 I beleive, to watch the game and that's who they played against. Next year I started playing for the Nomads.

Darren
The Legends

Comment Posted by Byatch Aug 05, 2008 08:53 AM

Take out the Micronauts and call him a fullback and I would've said Mike Sellers.

Comment Posted by Avengerman Aug 05, 2008 09:09 AM

My first year playing touch I played with the Micronauts. I remember one game Willard showed up midway through the game. Willard was always being late. He said in the huddle he can only stay for a few minutes. So Rick Morand(our QB) sent Willard on a streak or post, anyway he got the touchdown and left. He was fast.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com