Forums » General » August 14, Question #31

Messages for August 14, Question #31

Comment Posted by spider Aug 14, 2008 06:29 AM

Hmmmm, some of these questions are way...............to easy.

Let's make this a two-parter, that may actually force the winner to do some real research? So much for the fun, Huh?

OK, I recently taught a Grade 12 History course called History of Western Civilization. You know from the first civilization in Mesopotamia and "UR" to the late 1800's. Great course, full of fun" activities" For the Medieval period, I had the students put 12 tables together, and told them to make a"diorama" (a 3=D map) of a "manor" It included the castle,the village around the castle, the forest, stream, etc. I bought a 3D puzzle castle for them to assemble the first 2 days of the 5 day assignment. Of course as fate would have it, pieces seemed to become lost after the first year,and subsequent classes had to build a "ruins" version.

That gal who did our season hilite video a couple years ago, Tina, went out to Toys 'R'Us , and bought a real toy castle instead.

Anyway, prior to the medieval period, were the Romans. One of the cool phrases, they used to motivate the troops was, "Where the Pros come to play." OK, not really.

It was "Veni vedi vici."

So.......... that is "part one" of today's question. Why? because Kirby, In part two of the question, I can see these two people of WTFL "history," having used it last week at the Ball Hockey Nationals.

Therefore, todays two-three? part question is/are:

1.) What does "Veni vedi vici." mean?
2.) Who are/were the two WTFL experienced players representing Manitoba at the Ball Hockey Nationals this past week?

and don't be checking out my blog for first part either http://www.mazursworldissuescourse.blogspot.com/

Comment Posted by mbender Aug 14, 2008 07:27 AM

I'll give it a shot.

Answer to question 1 - Veni Vedi Vici means "I came, I saw, I conquered"

and the two players I believe are Scott Cameron and Brant Cook. Jason Goertzen and Kevin Blondeau also are on the team but haven't played in the W since 2006.

Marty B

Comment Posted by Avengerman Aug 14, 2008 07:32 AM

1) It is Latin for I came, I saw, I conquered. It is also a Italian restaurant in Atlanta. Maybe they feed them and then let them rape and pillage there enemies.
2) Brant Cook amd Derek Fedyshyn

Damian

Comment Posted by spider Aug 14, 2008 07:54 AM

The restraunt in Atlanta has enemies???? Yikes! Glad I have never eaten there. Although any restauraunt that allows the later sounds like an added attraction, just like any Keg restauraunt I have worked in!

I better talk to my secretary Derek and Scott play on the Mantoba Ball hockey team???I didn't know that. (These guys are good!)

So...still looking for an ex-WTFLer who may have "given" that little speech...

C'mon Eileen, you know what I mean...(who sang that?????)

heh! heh! see how good these guys really are!! :)

Comment Posted by Long Island Ice-T Aug 14, 2008 08:00 AM

"C'mon Eileen, you know what I mean...(who sang that?????)"

Dexy's Midnight Runners. The Video was even worse. Bad. Bad.

Comment Posted by mbender Aug 14, 2008 08:01 AM

Jeff Dzikowicz or Rob Karpiak ?

Comment Posted by spider Aug 14, 2008 08:24 AM

close..so close......Jeff????

Comment Posted by spider Aug 14, 2008 08:26 AM

Jimmy, help us out here...He played for your boys...you paid his salary......c'mon Eileen Jeff Dzilowicz or Rob Karpiak sang C'mon Eileen????

I'm doin a music question next!!!:)

Comment Posted by mbender Aug 14, 2008 08:27 AM

Jason Dzikowicz

Comment Posted by Lils Aug 14, 2008 10:07 AM

Jason Dzikowicz was not part of Team Manitoba at the Nationals.

Comment Posted by Lils Aug 14, 2008 10:10 AM

Kelly Huff

Comment Posted by spider Aug 14, 2008 10:14 AM

Newspaper, (Free Press) claimed it was Jason...and Brandt Cook.

I'll have to get Bertha to look into this one. But for now...Marty you have answered it correctly, according to the Free Press.

Congratulations Marty Bender!

Comment Posted by mbender Aug 14, 2008 10:54 AM

I didn't think it was Jason but you said he was employeed by Jimmy (assuming you mean the former Bomber Safety) I personally got all my information from

http://www.manitobaballhockey.com/columns/teammb.html

it says in there that the coach's name is Jeff and not Jason, but like I said, I went with the hint and took Jason. hey let it be known that I did name two additional players who have WTFL experience that are on the team! :)

(Jason Goertzen and Kevin Blondeau )

Comment Posted by Lils Aug 14, 2008 11:18 AM

Jeff...Jason's little (fatter) brother has coached the Manitoba provincial team for the last couple of years. Jason used to play ball hockey, but too many knee problems have limited his play in the upper levels.

Brandt Cook...or The Future as he likes to refer to himself in the spongee world...has been one of the top ball hockey players in Manitoba for a the last few years...

Comment Posted by spider Aug 14, 2008 07:40 PM

There ya go. From the people that really know.
Thanks for clarification.

BERTHAAAAAAAAAAAA! :)

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com