Forums » General » MIA : FORTY BROWNERS & SCORPIONS

Messages for MIA : FORTY BROWNERS & SCORPIONS

Comment Posted by andy21 Aug 18, 2008 09:21 AM

Where were the Forty Browners and Scorpions for last weekend's games? The Badgers had a full squad ready to roll on a hot Saturday morning and not a single member of the Forty Browners showed up. What gives? The refs were not informed so the Badgers ended up having a practice instead of a game. While we gladly took the 2 points we certainly would have preferred playing. I'm thinking the same could be said (although I don't wish to speak for them) that the Scorpions may also have been no shows for their game with the Colostomy Bags on Friday. With a final score of 1 - 0 one would think the Bags won by default since their high powered offense would have scored more than 1 point against the Scorpions. No disrespect towards the Scorpions implied.

All the teams in the Rec. Division paid good money to play a full schedule and 2 teams on the same weekend no showing up shows little respect for their opponents and even less to the league. This being said, if both teams had good excuses for not playing then so be it.

Comment Posted by cMACK Aug 18, 2008 02:41 PM

The forty B's do apoligize. Due to the quick reschedule, we were unable to make it, it was an out of town bachelor party for one of our guys that was planned months ago. We tried to reschedule, sorry again.

Comment Posted by all-sport Aug 18, 2008 05:00 PM

I recently joined the Scorpions and I agree with you andy21* you pay money to play 12 games and you should get them. As for Fridays game 4 of the 19 members of the team decided to show up for the game, which from my view the schedule is made up in what? end of April beginning of May! their should be no excuse for 15 players to be no shows. If you sign up to play on a team you should be there for the scheduled game, unless something unexpected comes up which does happen but if your going to head to the beach or whatever don't even bother signing up to a team if your not going to be a team player*.

As for the Colostomy Bags scoring more than one point I'm sure they would have, if they would have won if we had a full team is a another question. After playing only three games I was 5th on the statistics board and with our new QB as well as several talented players that were already on the team we should be a contender in playoffs.

Comment Posted by andy21 Aug 19, 2008 01:10 AM

all-sport : good points. As I mentioned, I meant no disrespect towards the Scorpions in any way. When the Badgers played you guys we managed a 24 -6 win but the score doesn't indicate how tough our game was with you. Good to hear you've got a new QB and I hope you guys have success in the playoffs (not against us though :)

Cheers.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com